The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dragon Star Arena Crashing 7th Level

JSlayer211
JSlayer211
✭✭✭
Please be advised that the DSA is crashing repeatedly on the 7th level. I saw someone posted it in dungeons section but wanted to make sure you all are aware as it's not listed in the known bugs post that was made. During the initial first 4 rounds we had 2 of our party members crash, but we stayed online until they got back on and continued. However, once we got to the boss fight, everyone was crashing simultaneously with no hopes of continuing the dungeon. After 6-7 attempts everyone gave up.

Onto my opinion, the game has never been in worse shape than it is today. Please hire a consulting agency or someone with professional level development and programming skills to guide you all through this process. The community used to cry for game balance, now everyone would just be happy if it worked at all. A game I can't play, is a game I stop paying for.
  • Thrudra_Magia
    Thrudra_Magia
    ✭✭✭
    Adding an additional piece of info when I went thru DSA and crashed on 7th level:

- 3 of the 4 were in the US
    - The 4th was in Canada

The 4th never crashed.
  • Nashger
    Nashger
    Soul Shriven
    This has also happened to me. I was doing normal Dragonstar Arena at the 7th level and I crashed near the 3rd or 4th wave.
  • Andreas_Ost
    same issue here
  • Andreas_Ost
    tried dozen of times, keep crashing issues. I done vDSA lots of times, i asked the loot in return...................................................................................................................................... AND FIX IT ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • vhagar122
    vhagar122
    ✭✭
    Me and my group members also have crashes on DSA especially 7th level. The game crashes from time to time everywhere but in DSA it crashes every 30 seconds
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unplayable. Keeps crashing at stage 7.
  • imPJ
    imPJ
    Soul Shriven
    Can confirm. me and my group continously crashed at DSA, after 8th full-group crash we called it.
  • Liukke
    Liukke
    ✭✭✭
    Aye, same crap here, EU server, just crashing like an idiot :(
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same, 15+ crashes throughout the group until we gave up

not playable
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crashed a lot then gave up.
  • Richnin
    Richnin
    ✭✭
    Crashes! Game shuts down - Happened to all in our Group! 7th level.
    Fix it Zenimax, please - unplayable.
  • JSlayer211
    JSlayer211
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS any update on this? Confirmation of issue? Plans to fix?
  • Andreas_Ost
    still crashed at level 7, unpalyable and no reply until now, even no GM to reply this thread like we are current investigate this issue. so disappointed
  • SeaUnicorn
    SeaUnicorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, just wanted to confirm we are working on a fix for this, and plan to include it in the upcoming PC incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is there any chance ZOS could update the list of known issues message whenever you confirm you are working on one. I've seen confirms for this, for the recipe problem and so on but they are not also ending up on the master message so keep getting new threads
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Andreas_Ost
    How it can be after these many years !!
  • kindnuguz
    kindnuguz
    ✭✭
    I wanted to chime in and say I had the same thing happen.
    Thought it was me
    Removed all addons ( deleted all saves)
    Removed the UserSetting.txt and let it recreate
    Updated video card drivers ( Nvidia 457.30 )
    Went into the bios and turned up volts (tiny bit) on the RAM and CPU to make sure it wasn't something with the hardware.
    Ran sfc /scannow
    Updated JRE to the latest version, reinstalled sound card drivers, chipset drivers, cleared out of all temp folders, disk cleanup and TRIM

Deleted the whole game and redownloaded

Ran the game and same thing same place. 7th arena Daedric crash but I now get a crash report to submit instead of just CTD.
    Sometimes I could get back into the same game and others I would be at the wayshrine I ported from dead.
    The times I would get back in, it wouldn't last more than a minute or so before it crashed.

Did seem like when I used an ability is when it happened.
    So I went on a escapade updating the K70 keyboard and firmware. Swapped around USB ports and changing the poll rate on both keyboard and mouse.

Tried about 10-15 times over 2 days before I gave up.

GTX 1080Ti
    Corsair 3200mhz 16GB
    Asus 390z Strix iTX
    AIO water cooled
    Windows 10 v1909
  • stvwhitewalker
    stvwhitewalker
    ✭✭✭
    myself and 3 others tried this yesterday evening, on xbox eu, we also had the same issues of constant dashboards, had we been aware that this had been broken since the 6th, and only a reply about a PC fix we would not of wasted our time,
    This really is not good enough
  • warich
    warich
    ✭✭✭
    My group and I were just barely able to complete the arena on normal. We all kept crashing and one of our group members was never able to rejoin the game client.
    I hope there is a fix soon
  • kindnuguz
    kindnuguz
    ✭✭
    Just happened again, same place and everything.
    Dragon Star Arena 7

it's like the changes are reverted back to before it was fixed.

edit: I was able to get back in and "Press [MB5] if rooted" and all the NPC standing there so I continued.
    After a min or so CTD.
    I was able to get back in again but I was dead and could continue: Press [ E ] ( the MB5 message was gone )

I changed my camera settings back to default to allow the screen to shake ( which drives me crazy ) and to allow FOV changes.
    ( I don't know if the camera setting has anything to do with it )

I was able to make it through.
    Edited by kindnuguz on December 1, 2020 3:39AM
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still happening as of 2022 weirdly enough