Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Lower the Trade Taxes : The Economy is going stale.

p.hurst1b16_ESO
p.hurst1b16_ESO
✭✭✭
As ancient rulers and accountants discovered there is a need to judge carefully what the tax level is.

You want it to be high enough to have the desired effect or raise the desired funds.

You want it to be low enough so that Tax Evasion does not become something you spend too much time and expense dealing with.

The zone chats are full of WTS. Most of the chat is now trade (in game and otherwise). This is to avoid tax.

Most guild stores have limited lists because it is impossible to profit well enough and the 15% deposit makes it a risk as well. In any case 25% overall is too high and is a dampener on trade.

PLEASE FIX IT.

I recommend a deposit fee of 2% maximum.

I recommend an after sales tax of 8% maximum.

<Enigmatic Name> Is poaching new guild members again ! Apply on our webby with your CV and proof of identity and we can arrange an interview with a panel of our officers.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've repeatedly stated that they don't want this game to become a trading simulator. Taxes are high in order to force actual trading instead of playing the auction house.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Moyana
    Moyana
    ✭✭
    The zone chats are full of WTS. Most of the chat is now trade (in game and otherwise). This is to avoid tax.

Not sure I agree with this, tax rate doesn't affect me selling in guild store, what does affect me selling in guild store is the lack of a nicer user interface and search-ability.

I believe that the trade based chat originates from the lack of a central auction house. I'm pretty sure that if one was implemented, and if people could search for items based on their name in the guild store, then a lot of trade chat will fade away.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They've repeatedly stated that they don't want this game to become a trading simulator. Taxes are high in order to force actual trading instead of playing the auction house.

You're talking out of your Oblivion Gate right now.

They never said anything like that. They said they want a vibrant player economy. Thanks to duping bugs, funky guild stores, lack of forward facing guild stores, ect. ect. there is no economy right now.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »

You're talking out of your Oblivion Gate right now.

They never said anything like that. They said they want a vibrant player economy. Thanks to duping bugs, funky guild stores, lack of forward facing guild stores, ect. ect. there is no economy right now.

I didn't say that they don't want a vibrant economy. I said they don't want it to become a trading simulator, where everyone who wants to play the economy sits at the auction house making trades all day instead of playing the game. And they specifically said that's why they had guild stores instead of a centralized AH system.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    25 is fine for me.

Altough I primarily sell via chat or connections, I think this is how a vibrant economy should be in a mmorpg, if perfect then with stalls a player can stand in and have items.

AH is more of a convenience market in my opinion. I do sell and buy alot there too, Ican not see it is hurting alot.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Requiemslove
    Requiemslove
    ✭✭✭
    That's all well and good, but as it stands without a AH...and with the current trade system the game is plagued with bots and gold spammers. And that is the risk you take with the route TESO has gone down. The trade system is not the only reason for their existence, but it does play a significant role. Question is, how do you eliminate that issue, and keep the economy and trade system TESO has?
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lack of an AH is what's afflicting the economy, because there is one economy there are tens of thousands which demonstrate this experiment failed.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's all well and good, but as it stands without a AH...and with the current trade system the game is plagued with bots and gold spammers. And that is the risk you take with the route TESO has gone down. The trade system is not the only reason for their existence, but it does play a significant role. Question is, how do you eliminate that issue, and keep the economy and trade system TESO has?
    How does the lack of auction house benefit gold sellers? As I understand they sell to NPC vendors as its easier but give 1/5 of marked price
    In short no AH hurt gold sellers very hard

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Requiemslove
    Requiemslove
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    How does the lack of auction house benefit gold sellers? As I understand they sell to NPC vendors as its easier but give 1/5 of marked price
    In short no AH hurt gold sellers very hard

Assuming you understand what an auction house function does in an mmo you will comprehend how that affects a games economy. I am not saying an AH would make it tougher or easier for them, I am only saying it would take the economy another way, and it depends on what they [the devs] want to happen in that regard. Anyway, the REAL thing that gives these bots complete freedom [and spoils the game] is the open doors policy the devs have to solo dungeons. That is what attracts those perverse individuals, that and the ability to reset bosses, and the ridiculously low CD, and there being no penalties for mob farming...make dungeon bosses invincible to anyone who has killed it more than 3 times in like 3 minutes, or whatever, with a vulnurability CD towards the bot of like an hour, bot dies again and again...loot-bots will soon be killed off that way. I want these solo dungeons to either be SOLO, as in just one player in one personal dungeon layer. Or, it stays as it is now, but in a way that non grouped players cant affect each others quest progression, and with penalties for excessive dungeon boss farming. [or any mob farming] Surely there has to be a way for the game to monitor if a player is actually moving about, exploring or trying to get a quest done, over some bot just standing there on a set predetermined pattern to be auto engaging a specific mob again and again. Sort the loot-bots out, and you curtail the gold spammers. Simple.

• Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the taxes as are. And yes, I do sell items extensively.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Thunder
    Thunder
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want a stock market simulator. I would like an auction house, but only if it had a hefty commission fee, like 30% or more, to discourage the day traders.
  • Anthony45122
    Anthony45122
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a huge fan of how large of a tax it is. With that said there are ways to get around it. A trade guild i'm in uses the guild bank as another guild store. Officers supply the bank and sell from it to other guild members. There are many upsides to doing this: no tax, rare items that the stores may not have for sale or for sale for outrageous prices, more interaction within the guild. I get messages all day from guild members saying they've left their other bad trade guilds because ours has everything they need. It takes time and dedicated officers but because of it I have not had to deal with the guild store tax at all. Hope this gives others a creative way to not have to worry about that gold sink.
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I won't sell anything that way. Most of the time I meet a buyer face to face, or do CoD (if it's cheap enough).
    - Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Requiemslove
    Requiemslove
    ✭✭✭
    I been buying and selling face to face, and to be honest mostly to other none guild mates. I LIKE arranging where to meet, and trading face to face, though I also don't mind just using the inbox. [prefer seeing who I'm buying/selling to]
    Edited by Requiemslove on April 22, 2014 6:53PM