Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting alchemy writs.

SimpleTea
SimpleTea
For example, I received a sealed alchemy writ asking me to craft 16 essence of magic potions with three traits. I tried crafting the potion with various combinations of ingredients with the three traits, but each time I crafted a potion I did not receive a writ credit towards the 16. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to go to a specific alchemy station for sealed alchemy writs?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, @SimpleTea, any Alchemy Station will work.

You might want to list the writ you’re trying to do (or better yet post a screenshot).

It’s possible you’re just using the wrong reagents.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 1, 2020 5:30PM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SimpleTea wrote: »
    (...) I received a sealed alchemy writ asking me to craft 16 essence of magic potions with three traits. (...)

You used the wrong ingredients. Please, check the link below to know how ingredients must be combined:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:A_Masterful_Concoction
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • SimpleTea
    SimpleTea
    Thanks for both replies. Really good site @redlink1979 - I bookmarked it. Bye the way I got my terminology and potion names mixed up. It was a damage health poison that I was having trouble with - I remembered what the traits were and I looked them up in the chart.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    :D
    Edited by SpiritofESO on June 29, 2024 6:09PM
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • SPIRIT GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • SimpleTea
    SimpleTea
    Yesterday I had an occasion to use the chart/link @redlink1979 provided to craft a poison; worked perfectly. Thanks!!!
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    esoitem.uesp.net/viewPotions.php

I use this site for alchemy. Select your traits and hit find. It gives you a list of which reagents will work for the potion.