The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a way to give defile a purpose on PvE?

Nova_J
Nova_J
✭✭✭✭
Lowering the healing recieved on mobs and bosses is pointless. Do you guys have any ideas on how major and minor defile could have a place in pve without it being to strong or weak?

Because it kind of feels like it should be doing something and would allow alot more options for pve builds. The defile from Thurvakun and both of necros Blastbones morphs dont have any effect in pve and it doesnt feel right.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you thinking they add something or keep it the way it is and just make it more relevant when fighting NPCs by seriously boosting their healing mechanics. If it’s the latter, I could see this being kind of a nightmare for builds without relevant access to defiles, such as magicka builds that don’t have class-defiles. If the former, what sort things would you like to see them add?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A more mechanically rich game would already have implemented more robust PvE stats such as individual elemental weaknesses/strengths, Critical Resistance, the ability for PvE enemies to do Critical Damage, etc.

I would love a game where players had to customize their gear on a per-encounter basis (and, no, I don't mean trash mob pull versus boss fight, that hardly counts) where you could exploit specific vulnerabilities and also had to counter specific enemy strengths (for example, has anyone, ever, in the history of ESO, used a Glyph of Frost Resist?!).

That would feel like much more of a proper RPG.
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »
    Are you thinking they add something or keep it the way it is and just make it more relevant when fighting NPCs by seriously boosting their healing mechanics. If it’s the latter, I could see this being kind of a nightmare for builds without relevant access to defiles, such as magicka builds that don’t have class-defiles. If the former, what sort things would you like to see them add?

I want to see it have a different interaction. As of right now it's a useless debuff. Wether that be with healing ads or make it have a different debuff altogether. I just want it to have weight.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It only works on bosses with healing mechanics and messing with mobs that heal. You can probably count the number of these encounters on a single hand, and can probably out DPS the heal anyway.

Like one boss that comes to mind is that snake that curls up and heals when people are around it.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was used again Yandir's pets in vKA HM on PTS. If I remember right, ZoS didn't like it so they made NPCs immune to healing reductions so the answer is No.

Defiles are useless in PvE and I think that is just lame.
    Edited by Sinolai on November 6, 2020 9:53AM
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think defile used to work on the final boss of Direfrost Keep, when she drained your allies for health who refused to CC break. However, that's not something I've experimented with in a long time..
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Nova_J
    Nova_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think defile used to work on the final boss of Direfrost Keep, when she drained your allies for health who refused to CC break. However, that's not something I've experimented with in a long time..

The mechanic is far too niche for defile to be worth running though. Usually if they heal like that its just dps check.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elden Hollow II. Grateful I had a stamina necromancer spamming bones for that fight. Made it easy easier.