Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Default" Battleground Category

Zulera301
Zulera301
✭✭✭✭✭
Having just binged on a crapton of battlegrounds over the last few days, I only now just realized that I was queueing for the group queue and wondering why I had a bit of a challenge compared to what Im used to.

The name "random battleground" is what players were used to during the solo-only era. And on top of that, now it's the "default" option for BGQs. That's basically a full on "lambs to the slaughter" for anyone who hasn't/doesn't read Natch Potes or that isn't aware of the switch (so, most people, probably).

The solution is simple: make solo queues be the "default" option so that oblivious players don't go thinking that "Random Battleground" is the same random battlegrounds that they were jumping into pre-U28.
are people dumb and should they read? yes and yes. but will that change? probably not. So making this one tiny change could be pretty beneficial for the less experienced or lower level players in the long run.
Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
"Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should make neither a default que. When you Open Battlegrounds you should have 2 Fields to choose from similar to Alliance War. If you click top field its Solo and Bottom field is Group (top field greyed out if your already in a group) Its not magic to create a good looking UI why didnt they just do it right in the first place.
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ZOS. Do they ever do anything right the first time?
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's puzzling.
    So many solos queue into what is otherwise a grp queue, creating the very same scenario that led to the removal and then the separation of grps and solos in the first pls.

@ZOS_GinaBruno this should be an easy fix just rename the group queue to that.
    Wham bam problem solved.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Yeah it's puzzling.
    So many solos queue into what is otherwise a grp queue, creating the very same scenario that led to the removal and then the separation of grps and solos in the first pls.

Wham bam problem solved.

Exactly. This isn't a difficult fix. I just don't trust people to actually read what's what before queueing.

Also, on top of that, the solo queue is suddenly taking way longer, which supports my theory that most people aren't reading it, and that instead they're going into group queue and getting roflstomped by the premades.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Yeah it's puzzling.

Wham bam problem solved.

Exactly. This isn't a difficult fix. I just don't trust people to actually read what's what before queueing.

Also, on top of that, the solo queue is suddenly taking way longer, which supports my theory that most people aren't reading it, and that instead they're going into group queue and getting roflstomped by the premades.

Pretty much what's happening is that both premades and people who don't know it's the group queue get into this one.
    Hence the solo queue is far less populated.
    Also its not fun going in with a dedicated healer and a solid comp just to find like 2 low cp stamblades on the other teams.
    Like what are we supposed to do? Farm the new players on repeat and hope they don't lave before the game ends?
    When I queue into a group bg I would expect to fight groups, maybe duos etc, not poor solo players that don't know better.
    Not fun for anyone involved.
  • Scott_Sterlling
    By random we of course mean, just capturea burritoe and cant forget run around and try to act like ur capping anything so the person who thinks hes leading by saying everyone is awful. State of Bgs is in hospice and its getting the morphine soon.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    if you /reloadui or your game crashes etc. and you just wanna keep playing bgs, you may forget too that group bg were the default setting too and realize, oh I am fighting against optimized 4 player group with healer and 3 proc builds, fun