Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Massive issues with the new group queue

Firstmep
Firstmep
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
There are some crippling issues with group based battleground queues:

1. Players on the same team often dont all get into the game, sometimes one player even gets into a different bg. Come on ...

2. Random Battleground: Thats what the group queue is called, and its the default option when opening the battleground menu.
I cant tell you how many players have told me that they didnt now that this was a group queue.
Please rename this option to Random Group Battleground and move it down below the solo option in the dropdown menu.

3. Teams not filling up, and in general the matchmaking system is terrible.

Im in a guild thats dedicated to battlegrounds and we have multiple premades going at any given time.
Most of us are in the same mmr bracket, since most of us havent played a ton of bgs since the update.
We queue all together and yet we dont get into the same lobbies.

Instead we get lobbies, where 1 team is a full premade with a dedicated heal and support sets, and the other 2 teams consist of 1-2 players( no doubt expecting a solo battleground).
I dont have to tell anyone, that this is just not an enjoyable experience for anyone involved.
Even before this update, games starting with uneven numbers were a big issue, now its a 100x worse.

@ZOS_GinaBruno please make sure the team sees this, as these issues are making Battlegrounds very unenjoyable for most people involved.

On top of the ongoing combat issues, rampant crashing etc. This is shaping up to be a very bad update overall.
  • Dakkx
    Dakkx
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t know why people think mmr gets reset every update I’m pretty sure it doesn’t considering other than the one patch they said mmr was reset I never get into low mmr games and have a average queue time of 15 min.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dakkx wrote: »
    I don’t know why people think mmr gets reset every update I’m pretty sure it doesn’t considering other than the one patch they said mmr was reset I never get into low mmr games and have a average queue time of 15 min.

Everyone i know says it was reset. I did a couple of solo bgs as well today, for the first time since the update.

Literally everyone in there was like 200-300cp new players. This went on for the next few bgs.

And this is not just me.

Same for the group queue, a lot of new/inexperienced players pitted aganist vets.

On pc/eu i know most of the high mmr players(many of them in my guild actually), and we are not getting into the same matches.

Trust me, MMR was absolutely reset.
  • Dakkx
    Dakkx
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Everyone i know says it was reset. I did a couple of solo bgs as well today, for the first time since the update.

Literally everyone in there was like 200-300cp new players. This went on for the next few bgs.

And this is not just me.

Same for the group queue, a lot of new/inexperienced players pitted aganist vets.

On pc/eu i know most of the high mmr players(many of them in my guild actually), and we are not getting into the same matches.

I’m an Xbox pleb so I don’t know about this update but I’m just saying people say it gets reset every update and it def does not. It may have been this time tho. Like I said I can’t know now.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of these are very counter productive (group members not grouped??)

But I suspect that's because theres too many single and duos joining
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭

And this is not just me.

I’m an Xbox pleb so I don’t know about this update but I’m just saying people say it gets reset every update and it def does not. It may have been this time tho. Like I said I can’t know now.

Maybe it doesn't always reset on Xbox but the reset is very noticeable on PC EU. In 15+ games I've come across 2 players that I would normally come across and I think they were both queued together.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure the Group Leader does not accept the match until the rest of the group has.

Once the group leader accepts then the option disappears for the rest of the group.

I have submitted a bug report for this.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a great idea, lets make game modes that require everyone to fully participate to be even considered a challenge, and than lets force people who have NO INTEREST in doing that game mode into it to ensure this happens every single time.

There's virtually no point to the solo queue existing since half the people don't see it there, it's pretty much all 2 proc set snipe blades in there might aswell be the backfilling those games with actual bots to make the queues always instant. Basically this whole exercise of creating the solo queue in the first place, breaking multiple guilds in the process in order to placate people would wouldn't know a actual premade from a hole in the ground. All of this more than half of a year wasted, for what so we could also lose the ability to queue for battlegrounds people care about? so we could have those previously thought to be to toxic to exist premades now roaming the relic games?

Just take the L and put it back how it used to be and let the match making that puts full groups vs other groups work to the best of it's ability, this is one of the most ill informed adventures down the lane of sweeping changes to cater to casuals I have ever witnessed in a game.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    precambria wrote: »
    I have a great idea, lets make game modes that require everyone to fully participate to be even considered a challenge, and than lets force people who have NO INTEREST in doing that game mode into it to ensure this happens every single time.

There's virtually no point to the solo queue existing since half the people don't see it there, it's pretty much all 2 proc set snipe blades in there might aswell be the backfilling those games with actual bots to make the queues always instant. Basically this whole exercise of creating the solo queue in the first place, breaking multiple guilds in the process in order to placate people would wouldn't know a actual premade from a hole in the ground. All of this more than half of a year wasted, for what so we could also lose the ability to queue for battlegrounds people care about? so we could have those previously thought to be to toxic to exist premades now roaming the relic games?

Just take the L and put it back how it used to be and let the match making that puts full groups vs other groups work to the best of it's ability, this is one of the most ill informed adventures down the lane of sweeping changes to cater to casuals I have ever witnessed in a game.

I mean, as always the intent is good from ZOS' part, but the execution is horrible.

Why is the premade queue default, with no indication its for groups?

So many unsuspecting solo players queue into the "default" option just to get mowed down by full on 4 warden premades.

We are back to square one pretty much.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not even square one because at least before you didn't have to get 20 landgrabs for every one deathmatch if you did random, what worries me is we had to beg them for 6months to get the ability to play online game with friends again, how long will it take for this? how many people who main bg will have left the game by than :/
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    Make sure the Group Leader does not accept the match until the rest of the group has.

Once the group leader accepts then the option disappears for the rest of the group.

I have submitted a bug report for this.

Thanks for the heads up, we had an evening where everyone get into every game!

Thank you :)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of this is probably related to issues on the dungeon side. There are sub 50 characters that queue and get put into bet dungeons orvet BGs, depending on which they actually queued for.

Playew have been posting about the issues with the dungeon side of the queue but I have yet to see Zos acknowledge the issue.

BTW, Both use the same queue.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Some of this is probably related to issues on the dungeon side. There are sub 50 characters that queue and get put into bet dungeons orvet BGs, depending on which they actually queued for.

Playew have been posting about the issues with the dungeon side of the queue but I have yet to see Zos acknowledge the issue.

Sub 50s getting into vets and vice versa both for dungeons and bgs have been happening since before this update.

On the bg side it happened to me a lot last patch.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im glad that you guys have at least made some of us aware
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Sub 50s getting into vets and vice versa both for dungeons and bgs have been happening since before this update.

On the bg side it happened to me a lot last patch.

Yes, I said that it is happening for both dungeons and BGs. The same GF serves both areas.

Zos did something earlier in the year that messed things up. My guess is when we only had the "solo only" queue it operated a little differently since it does not seem to have been a problem until this update.

If someone has seen Zos acknowledge an issue with the GF please note it as I have yet to see them comment on it.
    Edited by idk on November 12, 2020 3:07AM