The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fishing!

Shadowmite
Shadowmite
Soul Shriven
Over the past week I've spent 10+ real time hours fishing, trying to finish off just one Pact achievement. <sigh>

In that time I've caught about 1,100 fish, and got 7 Perfect Roe.

Aside from the fact that catching that 1,100 fish STILL leaves me with an unfinished achievement for just a single Pact, the return on investment for the Perfect Roe is just ridiculous. The other annoying factor is that for the last batch I caught - about 600'ish, I started fileting, went to the kitchen, made a bowl of oatmeal, came back and ate it while watching myself filet, took the bowl back to the kitchen, rinsed it out, made a big glass of ice water and came back to my desk to see myself still fileting fish.

The whole process simply IS NOT FUN and there are much better ways to spend your time getting other items which are much more plentiful, selling them and then using the funds to just go buy the darn Perfect Roe...however that still leaves one without the achievements.

If it wasn't that you need the Roe for so many good things I'd just give up, and I understand there are rarer items still - which is also ridiculous.

Anyway, just a rant that no developer will ever read or do anything about.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Master Angler here + 3 or 4 fishies left across DLC.
    Did you use Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowl? It raises chance for an achievement fish significantly. I'd also recommend to find something to watch while fishing if you wish to keep your sanity.

About perfect roe - it has stable-ish drop around 1% for me, but I don't fillet everything at once. If half a stack didn't get me at least one, I sell the other half. That way I get money to buy some roe if I need it and some filleting-free time. And a bug chunk of inventory taken up by fish :)
  • allhailskippy
    allhailskippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also around the 1% mark for roe. So I would have expected 10-11 out of that haul. But some days you're just not lucky.
    Hireling Wanted! - An Elder Scrolls Tale https://hirelingwanted.com
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    sorry angler, but fishing is the most tedious and boring part of this game. I'd rather grind orcs, vamps, and WW for hours than fish.
  • Sunderling
    Shadowmite wrote: »
    made a big glass of ice water

What's your recipe?
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually watch Netflix on my ipad while I fish
    Edited by volkeswagon on October 23, 2020 10:57PM
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have suggested making fishing more fun and rewarding. With more valuable loot and more fun animations. It's always funner fishing with a friend cause you can chat
    Edited by volkeswagon on October 23, 2020 11:20PM
  • MajorDavood
    MajorDavood
    ✭✭✭
    Shadowmite wrote: »
    Over the past week I've spent 10+ real time hours fishing, trying to finish off just one Pact achievement. <sigh>

In that time I've caught about 1,100 fish, and got 7 Perfect Roe.
    {snip)

Two master anglers here. And I've done the 8-10hr fishing runs so I can relate. What I've seen/learned is that trying to force that last fish just isn't the way to go. Bouncing around to other pacts and zones is the better way. You CAN get that last fish but if it doesn't pop after 200-400 fish, its time to move to another zone then circle back later.

I learned this the hard way. Tried to fish out that last blue fish. It got so bad that I thought the fish just didn't exist. Yet, on my second master angler, that problematic fish turned up first. Go figure.

The others have suggested ways to goose your rng. I agree. After 1-2 stacks, stop. Port out somewhere. Put some time between your stacks. I've also spread my fish stacks across multiple chars. Not entirely sure this helps but is worth giving it a go.

Fishing can get challenging when you're trying to snatch fish from IC or Cyro. Trying to sneak practically into the AD camp to snag some ocean fish (there are other holes along the coast) can get fun. Or trying to fish out a foul hole in Murkmire or Shadowfen when a Python is eyeing you for dinner.

Finally, the amount of loot gathered while fishing from chests, thieves troves, etc, is just silly. I've filled my inventory and bank multiple times over. Sure most loot might be meh but the sheer volume of loot is there.

• volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Often i find that's the way it is. I move onto other areas and come back later and often get the last fish needed soon after
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When will multi-filet be added to the game?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will multi-filet be added to the game?

I agree, they really missed upgrading this when they added multi-craft to the game. Would have fit perfectly.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if its true that we have to move to trick the rng then it seems like rng is not really rng. if people can manipulate it then its not made right
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA