The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trader Not Hired Bug Again

davapoole
davapoole
✭✭✭
Yet again when the trader swaps over the trader not hired shows again on guild page even though we have a trader and for another of my guilds its the same but one of my guilds who has a trader its ok and shows the trader hired. Maybe because its the same spot as last week it works but my guild and another i am in have different spots to last week and it says none hired again. Since last update this has only worked from maintenance to trader swap so between 2 hours and 1 day its worked since the last update and that is pathetic
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    i was wrong the guild with it showing trader hired didnt get a trader and after about 2 hours it showed none hired so i was wrong about that
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't "again" it's "still"
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    very true @newtinmpls

• Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Been that way for many years (3-4 as I recall). Best to have the GM announce it in guild notes.
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It started happening when ZOS changed trader swap day from sunday to tuesday. And yeah, it's not again, it's still: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/543006/guild-traders-ui-bug
    Edited by perfiction on October 27, 2020 3:41PM
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's broken since months. @ZOS just simply don't care about it.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »
    It started happening when ZOS changed trader swap day from sunday to tuesday. And yeah, it's not again, it's still: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/543006/guild-traders-ui-bug

Why was this changed? Something that didn’t need fixing was broken.

It makes so much more sense to switch at the first of the week rather than in the middle of it. Especially after getting used to it being that way.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »

Why was this changed? Something that didn’t need fixing was broken.

It makes so much more sense to switch at the first of the week rather than in the middle of it. Especially after getting used to it being that way.

It was broken, though. It was broken at least four times on PC EU so badly that it took weeks to fix on each occasion. It resulted in action taken against guilds and guild officers who found themselves with extra gold they shouldn’t have had and spent it anyway, and it froze assets for those who saw the extra money and wisely didn’t spend it. It was not going to be viable to leave it on Sundays as long as they refuse to improve server capabilities to handle current demands.

The reality is that ZOS is either not able or not willing to make the servers as performant as they need to be to handle the concurrency the game currently sees. The concurrency is even worse on weekends, as especially on the EU server, as there are fewer time zones there all trying to play at about the same time. After the trader flip broke enough times (and was delayed on both EU and NA most weeks that it didn’t actually break), ZOS decided to move the flip to a time when there is much less load on the server and when employees from ZOS are on hand to deal with any problems with the flip. Since they’re not going to improve the game’s ability to handle the flip, they did the best they could to work within that restriction and find a time that was much better both for the server and for their employees.

The problem now is that they seem to have overlooked some of the relevant code, so that part of the system never got the memo about moving to Tuesdays.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you @virtus753 for the explanation. As a guild member it always seemed to work for me before but my GM would be the one dealing with those past headaches.

The guild chat is just going all week long with people asking if we have a trader it just seems more broken.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's finally fixed in Update 28! Guilds on both PC-EU and PC-NA are showing which trader they've hired.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • davapoole
    davapoole
    ✭✭✭
    yes i saw at last its took only what 3 months