Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Destroying Items After Collecting Them

Talyndor
Talyndor
✭✭✭
Pretty noob question, I know, but I could not easily locate an answer.
Can I sell/deconstruct/destroy any given item AFTER it has been added to my collection tab? (Thereby saving me a lot of storage room).
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talyndor wrote: »
    Pretty noob question, I know, but I could not easily locate an answer.
    Can I sell/deconstruct/destroy any given item AFTER it has been added to my collection tab? (Thereby saving me a lot of storage room).

Yes, of course you can, @Talyndor.

There are certain items you may want to still keep depending on your playstyle.

Gold gear and purple jewelry come immediately to mind ... along with expensive items that can be put on a guild trader.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even better. If you vendor/deconstruct/destroy an item before it's added, it will be automatically added to your collection tab. If you vendor it, you have to wipe it off the buyback list for it to count so it may take some time.

But to answer your question, that's up to you. You will be able to reconstruct it later, but it will cost you upgrade mats and if you don't have a lot of the set, the transmute cost may be prohibitive. You do have the option to get it back at any point though if that's what you're asking.
  • Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    tytyty
    I appreciate the help!
    someone mentioned in chat that deconstructing works, and I have been doing that.
    But, yes, clearly there is some stuff too valuable (in terms of selling) to deconstruct or even bind.