The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Achievment „Dormant Defeat“ vet Vateshran Arena - Bug?

Mamurra
Mamurra
Soul Shriven
Hello,
just wanted to ask if other people run into the same issue as i do. Tried to do this achievment multiple times, ignoring the Atros, just nuking the boss, without using the synergy to close geysirs and i just dont get the achievment. Has somebody already completed the achievment and tell me how he did it or is it a bug?
Edited by Mamurra on November 3, 2020 1:06PM
  • Env_t
    Env_t
    ✭✭✭
    same question
    Options
  • Arwen72
    Arwen72
    ✭✭✭
    Same here
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we're looking into this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Didn't get it either :(
    EU PC
    Options
  • Raikiki
    Raikiki
    ✭✭✭
    Same here.
    Options
  • Scritchel
    Scritchel
    ✭✭✭
    Any update on this?
    Options
  • Kyzeragon
    Kyzeragon
    ✭✭
    Been having the same problem too. I've only seen one guildie post with the achievement, they said "When I got the achievement I destroyed one [active] and had two going off when I killed the boss"

Spent hours resetting this boss trying to get it... very frustrating when it's the only achievement I need for the title. I've tried:
    - killing boss without killing any iron atros, only 1 active volcano
    - not throwing any rocks at all and letting it get to 3 active 2 dormant volcanoes, then killing boss
    - throwing rocks on volcanoes as they become active, 3 times, then killing boss
    - throwing rocks on 2 dormant volcanoes before they became active
    - killing atros right on top of the active volcanoes so they seal automatically (but this doesn't stun the boss?)
    - letting it get to 3 active volcanoes, then sealing one, and then killing boss
    - sealing 1 volcano when it became active, let 2 more become active, then killing boss

EDIT: I just got the achievement, for seemingly doing nothing different than the first option above. I attempted to go for a burn to kill the boss before she opened a volcano, but didn't make it. Killed her shortly after the volcano became active, so I don't think there was another dormant one up, and Dormant Defeat completed for me.
    Edited by Kyzeragon on November 3, 2020 10:33PM
    Options
  • Scritchel
    Scritchel
    ✭✭✭
    @Kyzeragon Did the iron attro die at all while you attempted this? Or was it still alive.
    Options
  • Scritchel
    Scritchel
    ✭✭✭
    Update: I just got it also. Same story as @Kyzeragon

Made sure I had a destro, went to fire level first so she was at her weakest, and just burnt her. Iron attro died, and there was 1 dormant volcano up until about 10% where she activated it and then she died and I got the achviement.

Hope this helps anyone else trying to get it.
    Options
  • monkey36948
    monkey36948
    ✭✭✭
    Any update on this bug? i'd love to get the trophy to work as it's the last thing i'm missing in vateshran
    Options
  • Greensea
    Greensea
    ✭✭✭
    Also didn't get it
    @Greensea - PC EU - CP 1400+
    Teygja | Breton | Magicka Templar | AD | Former Empress
    Options
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It works for me, got it np
    Options
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/3jj2MS5VSys

It does not write correct what to do. Or i can not understand it.

I make it like this, but i tgought that monsters must not stay in it

May be it will help.

Do it from 5-6 run just for it +-.
    Options
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on this bug? i'd love to get the trophy to work as it's the last thing i'm missing in vateshran

How to get Missed me by that much achivment, what did you do to get it ? :)
    Options
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kyzeragon wrote: »
    Been having the same problem too. I've only seen one guildie post with the achievement, they said "When I got the achievement I destroyed one [active] and had two going off when I killed the boss"

Spent hours resetting this boss trying to get it... very frustrating when it's the only achievement I need for the title. I've tried:
    - not throwing any rocks at all and letting it get to 3 active 2 dormant volcanoes, then killing boss
    - killing atros right on top of the active volcanoes so they seal automatically (but this doesn't stun the boss?)
    - sealing 1 volcano when it became active, let 2 more become active, then killing boss

EDIT: I just got the achievement, for seemingly doing nothing different than the first option above. I attempted to go for a burn to kill the boss before she opened a volcano, but didn't make it. Killed her shortly after the volcano became active, so I don't think there was another dormant one up, and Dormant Defeat completed for me.

A lot of things randomly work or not work in that trial.
    Options
  • irstarkey57
    irstarkey57
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kyzeragon wrote: »

I haven’t been able to get this achievement yet but I was also curious how to get the “Missed me by that much “ achievement. Not really sure what I’m supposed to do here.
    Options
  • Raikiki
    Raikiki
    ✭✭✭
    Today i read how to fix the Worldboss bug in Reik with resetting the fight and thought just give it a try in Vateshran....
    What can i say? It worked for me.
    Just start the fight and run into the lava till you die.
    After that just burn the Boss.
    Thats the way how i get this achievement today.
    Dont know if i just was lucky or if this is a way to fix it. Maye you can try and tell us here?
    Options
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resetting the fight by pulling her and running into lava did not work for me.

Nuking her with Damage sigil and Balorgh set did not work for me.

Pulling Iron Atronachs into the lava so they don't die anywhere near a volcano did not work for me.

Letting her spawn 5-6 volcanos before killing her did not work for me.

Doing the fight exactly like in @AyaDarks video (1 atro killed, one volcano active when she dies) did not work for me.

Changing my equipment from False God and Mother's Sorrow to Julianos and Infallible Aether did not work for me.

Letting her port once and then pulling her off her little spawned volcano did not work for me.

Closing one active volcano and then killing her with one inactive volcano did not work for me

Killing Atros and tossing the synergy stones far off the platform into the lava did not work for me.

Magplar out of ideas here...

7984172dd6f952a518f47fd59d0f90a4.png

P.S: for "missed me by that much" just kill a shade while they are already channeling their explosion. so you get out from between them in the last millisecond before you get oneshot by their explosion.
    YOu have to do that for every shade chain explosion of the whole fight. I managed to do it by fulfilling that requirement for the very first shade-chain she spawned, and then i nuked her to 10% every time she spawned a new shade chain. so only one bunch of shades ever exploded during the whole fight. Achievement pops up after the fight, when maebroogha is dead.
    Edited by Svenja on November 5, 2020 2:57PM
    PC | EU

Svea Rochaud | Templar Healer | AD
    Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svenja wrote: »
    Resetting the fight by pulling her and running into lava did not work for me.

Nuking her with Damage sigil and Balorgh set did not work for me.

Pulling Iron Atronachs into the lava so they don't die anywhere near a volcano did not work for me.

Letting her spawn 5-6 volcanos before killing her did not work for me.

Doing the fight exactly like in @AyaDarks video (1 atro killed, one volcano active when she dies) did not work for me.

Changing my equipment from False God and Mother's Sorrow to Julianos and Infallible Aether did not work for me.

Letting her port once and then pulling her off her little spawned volcano did not work for me.

Closing one active volcano and then killing her with one inactive volcano did not work for me

Magplar out of ideas here...
    Please, dear dear ZOS-people, explain what I have to do to get this. It is the only achievement i am missing from vateshran hollows. :'(

7984172dd6f952a518f47fd59d0f90a4.png

P.S: for "missed me by that much" just kill a shade while they are already channeling their explosion. so you get out from between them in the last millisecond before you get oneshot by their explosion.
    YOu have to do that for every shade chain explosion of the whole fight. I managed to do it by fulfilling that requirement for the very first shade-chain she spawned, and then i nuked her to 10% every time she spawned a new shade chain. so only one bunch of shades ever exploded during the whole fight. Achievement pops up after the fight, when maebroogha is dead.

Did you try it on vet ? Dit it hit you when boss die , was it first arena ?

May by if you lose once it will not work, like some achivments ? Untill restart ?
    Options
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried it with Brimstone Den as my first area (~20 times), Brimstone Den as my third area (8-10 times) and with Brimstone Den as my second area. (2 times).

Yes, on veteran.

Kills usually on first try, no death before.

Guess I will wait for a fix in a future patch. :#

Edited by Svenja on November 5, 2020 2:48PM
    PC | EU

Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror - Immortal Redeemer - Tick-Tock-Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Spirit Slayer
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, wanted to confirm this achievement is not currently working properly, but we are testing a fix for it and hope to get it into the next incremental patch. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ElderZeref
    ElderZeref
    ✭✭

YOu have to do that for every shade chain explosion of the whole fight. I managed to do it by fulfilling that requirement for the very first shade-chain she spawned, and then i nuked her to 10% every time she spawned a new shade chain. so only one bunch of shades ever exploded during the whole fight. Achievement pops up after the fight, when maebroogha is dead.[/quote]

Hello! :D So, did i understand correctly? i need to kill EVERY shade, while they were casting the explosion? That means, that i need to wait fot 3-6 and more circles to get achievement? Is it possible to do it on normal arena?
    Options
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for the update, Gina :)

ElderZeref wrote: »

Hello! :D So, did i understand correctly? i need to kill EVERY shade, while they were casting the explosion? That means, that i need to wait fot 3-6 and more circles to get achievement? Is it possible to do it on normal arena?[/quote]

Noooo :# Sorry, i am bad at explaining.
    Best method: Do it once. With the shades that the boss summons first. Before you do the first portal.
    After that, never let her do the shade mechanic again (she does it after you come back from a portal. Nuke her into the next phase then!).
    PC | EU

Options
  • Auroan
    Auroan
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you so much for the update, Gina :)

ElderZeref wrote: »

Hello! :D So, did i understand correctly? i need to kill EVERY shade, while they were casting the explosion? That means, that i need to wait fot 3-6 and more circles to get achievement? Is it possible to do it on normal arena?

Noooo :# Sorry, i am bad at explaining.
    Best method: Do it once. With the shades that the boss summons first. Before you do the first portal.
    After that, never let her do the shade mechanic again (she does it after you come back from a portal. Nuke her into the next phase then!).
    [/quote]

What class are you playing? As much as I'd like to report this as bugged, I can't because there's been some that've achieved it already, but nothing seems to work for me and unfortunately, the method you described is simply impossible for me. 1 out of the 3 phases she'll use a triple donut attack, but the other 2 times she will always immediately do her wall summoning ability. Getting her to 10% or less during her animation doesn't stop the summoning. She simply finishes summoning them, then despawns them when they're all finished getting up.

Reason I ask what class you are is because if you're ranged with an execute, that would make sense why yourself and some others I know have gotten it, but I haven't. I'm a Stam DK, so I have to get close. Stone Fist is my only solid burst, and unfortunately, we don't have any executes (except duel wield execute, which I've tried), so immediately killing the ad bottom and then coming top to quickly get her to 10% before she starts the summoning animation is pretty much impossible. The moment I synergize that portal to come top, she instantly does her animation and it's gg :(
    Idk if I need to work on my DPS or if I'm doing something wrong. I got the Trifecta and that wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, but this is like, 10x worse cause you won't know if you got it until you kill her, and if you don't get it, you gotta do the whole place over again x-x
    "And the Scrolls have foretold, of black wings in the cold,
    That when brothers wage war come unfurled!
    Alduin, Bane of Kings, ancient shadow unbound,
    With a hunger to swallow the world!"
    54k Achievement Point Club
    Options
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am playing a melee magplar and i don't have a ranged execute slotted.
    Despawning the shades by getting her to below 10% while the shades are walking was my to go method.

Just do the "kill a shade while it is already exploding" once, the very first time shades appear, before you go to your first portal. After that, always make her despawn shades.

I wish I would have recorded a video...
    Edited by Svenja on November 5, 2020 5:06PM
    PC | EU

Options
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, i managed to do "Missed me by that much" again, on a different Magplar char. :D

The first 30 seconds of the bossfight are unfortunately missing because the recording broke, but you can see everything that is important for the achievement. I made an audio commentary for better explanation as well. I really hope this shows what i want to explain. :D

https://youtu.be/SVhZmgZbMCc
    Wait with killing a shade to escape until the very, very last second before getting oneshot. Wait until they are standing still. You can see this at 00:25 min.
    @Auroan
    @ElderZeref
    PC | EU

Options
  • ElderZeref
    ElderZeref
    ✭✭
    Okay, i managed to do "Missed me by that much" again, on a different Magplar char. :D

The first 30 seconds of the bossfight are unfortunately missing because the recording broke, but you can see everything that is important for the achievement. I made an audio commentary for better explanation as well. I really hope this shows what i want to explain. :D

https://youtu.be/SVhZmgZbMCc
    Wait with killing a shade to escape until the very, very last second before getting oneshot. Wait until they are standing still. You can see this at 00:25 min.
    @Auroan
    @ElderZeref

Thanks a lot! Going to try it tomorrow. :D
    Options
  • Svenja
    Svenja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently it sometimes works without having shades detonate at all, when you nuke her completely, but i don't have the dps for that.

(and i am very sure i did that on the PTS, when the essence buffs were bugged and i had 70k magicka from them, without the achievement triggering.)
    PC | EU

Options
  • Auroan
    Auroan
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently it sometimes works without having shades detonate at all, when you nuke her completely, but i don't have the dps for that.

(and i am very sure i did that on the PTS, when the essence buffs were bugged and i had 70k magicka from them, without the achievement triggering.)

Thanks a ton! I figured out the issue was that it was on Norm, not Vet, lol. Some achievements, like "Scattered Spirits", I decided to just breeze through it on Norm. Because "Missed Me by That Much" doesn't specifically state it has to be on Vet, I was trying it on Norm each time and it never seemed to work no matter what strategy I did. Safe to say, when I did it on Vet, I straight nuked it, didn't even bother killing a single Shade, just burned her to despawn the mechanic, and wa-la! It worked! Thank you very much!
    "And the Scrolls have foretold, of black wings in the cold,
    That when brothers wage war come unfurled!
    Alduin, Bane of Kings, ancient shadow unbound,
    With a hunger to swallow the world!"
    54k Achievement Point Club
    Options