Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A few questions for my Nightblade experts.

Sleepwalker
Sleepwalker
✭✭✭
My nightblade is of the healer/warlock variety, using a resto staff of destro staff (whichever I'm feeling that day) to deal mostly single target at range, yet still remain capable of mopping up the one or two that may make it close to me. I've recently gotten Drain Power on my bar; haven't morphed it yet, but I'm likely going with Sap Essence for the heal. There are a few things that I'm fuzzy on, so I was hoping someone has some confirmations on some skills available to me:

1. An easy one (I think). The Sap Essence morph takes away the damage component of Drain Power. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it will not take away the weapon damage buff, yes?

2. I have been toying with Shadowy Disguise lately. The 70% critical strike chance will apply to Assassination skills, such as Strife, correct? I believe that it will, as the tool tip doesn't give me any reason to believe that it won't, but I'm not sure I'm seeing that in game. Any one 100% sure on this?

3. An extension from the question directly above: If the critical strike chance does apply, this will in turn increase the amount of healing received from Strife/Funnel Health, correct?

4. I'd like to give myself a little more AoE capability for funsies. (I don't want to discuss what class or build works best for AoE, just some class specifics.) So, let's talk about Teleport Strike, which I'd like to use to put me in range for Sap Essence and Elemental Blockade. I like the look of its morphs. Lotus Fan seems like a good start to the AoE action with the AoE bleed effect, however, can anyone confirm that Ambush will only affect the next amount of damage on the enemy that it hit or will it apply to the damage of any "next attack" of my choice? (Hope I'm being clear with this one.)

Any and all assistance will be greatly appreciated and probably get you a rate up. :)
"QUIT CRYIN'! Do some pushups or something!"

Grayfield - V2 Breton Nightblade
Windspike - 40 Bosmer Sorceror
  • DGVish
    DGVish
    ✭✭
    Strife does not benefit from Shadowy Disguise, Sap Essence still gives more weapon damage, Ambush is YOUR NEXT attack on THAT TARGET @+30% dmg.

Lotus Fan>Drain Power>Elemental Blockade... it's hard to find better AoE in the game right now.
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, too bad about Strife, but yay to everything else! Thanks for the reply. :)

• Medwin
    Medwin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sap essence still does damage but it does not heal you, only allies around you. (unless they changed it)
    Edited by Medwin on April 18, 2014 8:38PM
    Please read through and comment on my incredibly comprehensive Vampire guide. :)
    Officer at Cross Guild check us out, we are a large DC guild that does PvP, RP, and PvE. We have things for just about anyone.
    RP Characters: Anora, Redguard -- Mira Medwin, Dunmer -- Pia Patricia Potts, Breton
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Oh really? Didn't realize that. Well that changes things a little I guess. Or maybe not. Still going to get it for group healing, and since it fits so well into AoE grinding and all... Meh, still got resto staff and funnel health as backup, so I should be good. Thanks!

• Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    just hijackin thread, but do you find groups easy as healer for dungeons, got a nightblade healer myself and everyone is like youre heal? but you are nightblade?
  • zamiel
    zamiel
    ✭✭✭
    DGVish wrote: »
    Lotus Fan>Drain Power>Elemental Blockade... it's hard to find better AoE in the game right now.
    Well, there's Lotus fan/Drain Power/Elemental Ring.
    Or just Drain Power/Elemental Ring/Elemental Ring.
  • Yelgis
    Yelgis
    ✭✭✭
    Drain Power is pretty awesome combined with either destro staff aoe option. If you go for the morph that increases targets it is up to a 99% weapon damage increase (if you hit 9 targets). That is pretty crazy.

The bonus is large enough that you can even justify throwing Siphoning Attacks into your AOE setup so that each skill has a 10% chance to restore 15% mag/stam. This lets you AOE even more.

• Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »
    just hijackin thread, but do you find groups easy as healer for dungeons, got a nightblade healer myself and everyone is like youre heal? but you are nightblade?

Yeah, some people are still close-minded about the classes and what they can do. Fools... Yes, healing is very much effective in the hands of an intelligent nightblade. The synergy between some of our class skills and Resto staff is great, and we have two ultimates that can be morphed to heal. We can do it all.

• Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Yelgis wrote: »
    ...The bonus is large enough that you can even justify throwing Siphoning Attacks into your AOE setup so that each skill has a 10% chance to restore 15% mag/stam. This lets you AOE even more.

Hmm, will the magicka return from Siphoning Strikes combine with the Resto Staff's innate magicka returning properties? That'd be some insane regeneration!

• templar_von_midgard
    Sap Essence actually heals the caster too!
    I morphed it yesterday and realised that it is just the best and maybe only AoE attack that heals and buffs you while doing damage. Though that heal is pretty ridicilous, when attacking 3+ monsters.
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, confirmed via combat meter, Sap Essence does heal the caster! Thanks. :)

• Teloran
    Teloran
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard that Sap Essence is bugged to not scale properly with the number of targets. Regardless, I actually preferred the other morph as the weapon damage will translate into more healing with your resto spells.

As for Strife and Shadowy Disguise, it currently doesn't work because Shadowy Disguise only gives you the crit bonus for the duration of the invisibility and Strife breaks invisibility before it deals damage. Shadowy Disguise does work on other spell-crit abilities including Soul Shred.
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Figures. Hope that's fixed at some point. Not sure why spells can't benefit from this.

• GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, will the magicka return from Siphoning Strikes combine with the Resto Staff's innate magicka returning properties? That'd be some insane regeneration!

Considering the speed I fill up my magicka wile using these 2, I am sure they do.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well if sap essence actualy worked 100% as intended wed likely be on par if not better then guardian for party healing when face against multi target. Funny thing is even with half bugged class stuff we still make very good healers... just you wait when they fix those glitches.

The bloody hilarious thing is that spamming sap essence provide a lot of ultimate as well so you could actualy run around with devouring swarm and nuke everything constantly while also healing (already doing it to some extent altrought it could be infinitively better if it was fixed)
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 22, 2014 3:47PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    The bloody hilarious thing is that spamming sap essence provide a lot of ultimate as well so you could actualy run around with devouring swarm and nuke everything constantly while also healing (already doing it to some extent altrought it could be infinitively better if it was fixed)

Once again, you're my hero, Kyubi! Two more vampire levels and I'm trying this... oh yes, I'm trying this!

>:)

• Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    well its two ult everytime you damage a target with a siphoning spell go damage 6 target :neutral_face:
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 22, 2014 5:26PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Well yeah, but I don't have the ultimate unlocked yet. Just picked up vampirism at level 44. :) When I have it, yes, I will do that.