The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weird bug on login. Resolved itself, but don't understand why it happened.

Casul
Casul
✭✭✭✭✭
My friend was playing his character (CP 594 Orc Necro) and he joined my share play. After he tried logging back in he was unable to and was redirected to make a new character. He did, and saw none of his previous characters in the list. He again closed application and upon logging in this 3rd time, he managed to retrieve his characters successfully. My question is why did this occur, and did him making a new character open any possibility of an issue arising?
PvP needs more love.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @BuildMan

Your friend's characters not showing up initially could have simply been a caching issue on their PS4. Is their new character showing up among the older characters with no issues?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @BuildMan

Your friend's characters not showing up initially could have simply been a caching issue on their PS4. Is their new character showing up among the older characters with no issues?

@ZOS_BillE

I talked with my friend. Since the incident he has had no issues logging on to his character. The new character he had made during the bug is not in his existing character list and seems to have vanished (which he is fine with, he has no need for it). At this point everything seems fine, I was just curious if anyone had experienced this before.
    PvP needs more love.