Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Voidmother Boss Not giving completion credit

Katahdin
Katahdin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The Voidmother boss in Markarth is not giving credit for completion so the daily for it, "What's Hers is Ours" cant be completed.
Beta tester November 2013
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to add this is on PCNA
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had this happen and seen it happen to a few dozen in zone
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also happening in PCEU
  • dovakin_auditore
    dovakin_auditore
    Soul Shriven
    same here. had killed it twice now
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killed a few times no credit but I got drops???
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's being killed to quickly. Now there are number of people having fun trolling the people on the quest.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    It's being killed to quickly. Now there are number of people having fun trolling the people on the quest.

I have seen bosses melt but as long as you get a hit in you at least get credit.
    You might not get loot but you get credit for the kill, which is the main issue.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently there is a mechanic that won't let the quest complete or give the achievement if the boss is killed too fast - which it always is because there are huge hordes of players melting the main boss before she can do much.
  • DuckInRealLife
    DuckInRealLife
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to be a bit critical here.
    Honestly the fact that someone though that this was a good mechanic period to place into a game, with an achievement attached and a daily quest... is a really stupid idea.

It's swarmed with people who don't listen nor care after 5 attempts I've given up and will come back later.
    As someone really excited for the void crystal, getting at this point is just impossible. Fancy mechanics are fun, but not one that is literally "WAIT".
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks everyone, we have a fix for this that will likely go into our next incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ElCapitanAmericano
    ElCapitanAmericano
    ✭✭✭
    Things are getting pretty heated at this spawn location! Just had a guy whisper me and tell me to kill myself for asking everyone to show restraint and not instant kill it. "kill urslef, its a free game we do what we want"
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Gina for the update <3
  • GhostOfAnEra
    GhostOfAnEra
    ✭✭✭
    Ran into this problem, too. Defeated the Voidmother TWICE, and no achievement.
  • Zayoo
    Zayoo
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Really, who designed this? People find stuff like that and troll other people. Maybe that is something that you game designers should take into consideration....
  • DigitalHype
    DigitalHype
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be a bit critical here.
    Honestly the fact that someone though that this was a good mechanic period to place into a game, with an achievement attached and a daily quest... is a really stupid idea.

It's swarmed with people who don't listen nor care after 5 attempts I've given up and will come back later.
    As someone really excited for the void crystal, getting at this point is just impossible. Fancy mechanics are fun, but not one that is literally "WAIT".

Agreed, It shows they don't really play the game the same way their customers do. Any experienced player would immediately recognize this is a bad design choice for a WB.
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    We seem to get everyone present on board with the idea of waiting, and every single time a new person shows up right as the boss is spawning and attacks immediately :|
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • noblecron
    noblecron
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boss still not giving credit. Waited for her to fully spawn several times and still nothing. I think part of the issue is where the wb marker is, the boss is not located at it
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trial like mechanics in a WB is fine, as long as it is clear to players what to do.

In this case it is not clear, and is very different from every other WB in the game were players just have to kill them.

The level of rage in chat, is such that I have not seen before in any game.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Skauron
    Skauron
    ✭✭✭
    Is the level of rage at all surprising when you consider that the server has now been populated by absolute idiots who can't for just one second show restraint, and actually for the time being at least just kill the adds only.

i stood by this today 16+ attempts.. every time boss was killed. i give up, i really do, and i can honestly say I hate this dlc.. its joke
    Champion level chars: Nord Warden (Tank):50 Khajiit Nightblade (stam dual blade):50 High Elf Necromancer (magicka dps):50 Dragonknight (Tank):50 Sorcerer Vampire: 50
    Also levelling: Templar (dps)

Started playing ESO: April 4th
  • hackdrag0n
    hackdrag0n
    ✭✭✭
    You can't expect people to wait when you don't need to wait at any other world boss in the game. Not only that only the top 12 dps get loot from world bosses so of course people are going to burn it because they want to get on the loot table. If it's intended it's just bad design, it's not the fault of other players.
    Edited by hackdrag0n on November 4, 2020 6:42PM
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    what is the mechanic you're supposed to wait for?

I've seen her summon that full circle and kill everyong like 4 or 5 times in a single encounter and still no credit. So what else does she do that's bugging this as some people have claimed to have gotten credit.
  • TheOriginalMrT
    good to know fix is coming, cause i've killed it 4 times, looted and got no credit :(
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    Atherakhia wrote: »
    what is the mechanic you're supposed to wait for?

I've seen her summon that full circle and kill everyong like 4 or 5 times in a single encounter and still no credit. So what else does she do that's bugging this as some people have claimed to have gotten credit.

I think people that have gotten credit just got lucky. No special mechanics, no secret boss to be summoned, and no having to kill 6 rounds of adds before killing her or whatever other things suggested in zone chat. It's just bugged and some got lucky. There was a WB in N.Elsweyr that had the same thing happen when it first came out.
  • RonjaTar
    RonjaTar
    Soul Shriven
    Skauron wrote: »
    Is the level of rage at all surprising when you consider that the server has now been populated by absolute idiots who can't for just one second show restraint, and actually for the time being at least just kill the adds only.

i stood by this today 16+ attempts.. every time boss was killed. i give up, i really do, and i can honestly say I hate this dlc.. its joke

Most fo these people are just used to all pro gamers nuking down bosses at dolmen so casuals can´t gain loot, so everyone is desperate to get as much damage before the boss is gone... I frankly can relate to "There he is, kill before I won´t get a hit"... it´s a bad idea and the quote "Working on a fix" by ZOS is suggesting that it really is bugged
  • DarkLylith
    DarkLylith
    ✭✭✭
    Still broken!!
    I was just in a large group, we all left the boss alone to do its thing, but it only took 1 or 2 other people in the zone to ruin it and kill the boss before it could do its thing. So not quest completion and no boss achievement completion. Something needs to be done. This is so stupid.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone, we have a fix for this that will likely go into our next incremental patch.

Any word that patch for this might drop? this Monday perhaps? It's impossible to complete the quest or even get the achievement as it is now....
    Edited by BergisMacBride on November 5, 2020 3:56AM
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    HERE IS THE WORKAROUND UNTIL THIS GETS FIXED:
    Have someone throw on a taunt and kite the Voidmother far enough that the fight resets. After that you can do it as normal and everyone should get credit. It is janky but I have tried this on several different characters and it has worked every time.

Shout out to whoever figured this out (it wasn't me), I'm just trying to get the word out so we can all stop screeching at eachother about how to do the fight.
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    ^This.
    I saw this workaround in the works not that long ago. Happy I recorded it as evidence!
    https://youtu.be/k8gXflyZerg
    Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on November 5, 2020 8:01AM
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't mean to steal your thunder! Thank you for your hard work :)
  • Clyde_BlueSnake
    Clyde_BlueSnake
    ✭✭✭
    That's okay you didn't steal my thunder. I'm just some guy who just there recording at the time. lol The real person who done the hard work was the person who discovered the workaround in the first place. I just read about it in chat & waited to see if it was true or not, & it was true!
    Edited by Clyde_BlueSnake on November 5, 2020 11:14AM
    Main is Blue-Thuxis, a Argonian stamSorc, whose also is a werewolf! 2nd main, Cobalt-Thuxis, a Argonian stamArc, an identical twin sister to Blue-Thuxis, even is a werewolf as well! some alts:
    Nirn-Scale Rajthux (Argonian, Templar), Ros-Ei Nature-Thuxis (Argonian, Warden), Crimson-Thuxis (Argonian, DK), Bone-Thuxis Tharn (Argonian, Necro) Why Bone-Thuxis has Tharn as a last name:
    The siblings were separated at a young age due to a Dres slaver raid, Blue, Cobalt, Ros-Ei & their mother were able to escape, Crimson & Bone weren't that lucky. Crimson was later "rescued" by some Orcs that later ambushed the House Dres Dunmers, unfortunately one Dunmer remained & sadly successfully brought the young Bone-Thuxis to the Dres plantation. Later an Imperial, a Tharn, bought Bone at a auction & later told he was free, the young Argonian sadly had no idea where to go & doesn't know if his family was still alive, so the Tharn adopted him into House Tharn. This family of Argonians finally reunited years later.
    , Kenneth Clyde (Nord, Sorc), Selene Gray-Thuxis (Argonian, Nightblade), Urmanda (Orc, Warden)
    Some ESO history: I originally started from PS4 NA during June 10, 2015, I did reached CP 810+ on there. I eventually kinda got tired of paying PS+, so during February 4, 2019 I started moving to PC NA. Also CP: 810+. Nowadays I play ESO PC mostly, while PS4 is dust.