Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Q: Renald Resolve armor set

JB_den
JB_den
✭✭✭
Has anyone tested out or noticed if the 5 second stack refreshes back to 5 seconds upon gaining a new stack or do you just have a flat 5 seconds to get to 9 stacks max?
thanks.
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't test it but based on the tooltip I would say:

- Every time you deal direct damage you gain a stack of resolve.
    - You can only earn one stack of resolve every 0.5 seconds.
    - Each stack of resolve stays active for a maximum of 5 seconds.
    - The maximum amount of stacks is 9.

Thus, I would say that each individual stack has a five-second cooldown.
    If a stack of resolve runs out (after 5 seconds) you can immediately get a new stack for five seconds unless you just gained a stack of resolve <0.5 seconds ago or you are already at the maximum amount of stacks (9).

So:
    When you deal direct damage and gain one stack of resolve for 5 seconds, after 5 seconds this stack runs out.
    If you deal direct damage >0.5 seconds after gaining your first stack of resolve, you gain another stack of resolve with a 5 seconds cooldown. And so forth, until you reach 9 stacks. Suppose you reached the maximum amount of stacks and 5 seconds have passed since the first time you dealt direct damage and gained your first stack, you simply lose this stack and can gain a new stack of resolve by dealing direct damage (unless you just gained a stack of resolve <0.5 seconds ago)
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player