The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to sit on Elsweyr Barstool, Wooden

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I placed 2 of these in my home but no matter what I do I am unable to sit on either. I put them in my bag and took back out to place anew. I tried different spots in the house, and I made sure they weren't too close to anything. Nothing I did gives me the option when mousing over to sit on them. Is there a workaround for this?
PCNA
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does the item label it as sittable/ interactable or whatever?
    Idk what stool you're talking about but I noticed there are also new tall solitude barstools that are just for decoration and dont offer the option to sit
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    does the item label it as sittable/ interactable or whatever?

Where would I see this label? When I mouse over it I get nothing. I just assumed since it's a furnishing and I can sit on every other stool, chair, bench, pew, tuffet etc., that I'd be able to sit on this as well.

This is the stool: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/elsweyr-barstool-wooden/
    PCNA
  • MoonlightShadow
    MoonlightShadow
    ✭✭✭
    Known issue. I have made a rather lengthy post of the problem and a work-around. Unless it is a non-functioning decoration, in which case you are out of luck.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/545327/housing-decoration-align-function-not-working-in-some-houses

Update: I just looked it up, and it appears that it is not sittable ( https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Workshop_Furnishings/Stools ).
    Edited by MoonlightShadow on November 1, 2020 1:55PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that is disappointing. But I will still use them because they are nice looking stools, and look good at the bar in my lodge.

Thanks for the info.

EDIT: The page you linked doesn't show this barstool, but this page on the same site does.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Elsweyr_Furnishings

Where does it say it's not interactable?
    Edited by SilverBride on November 1, 2020 1:33AM
    PCNA
  • MoonlightShadow
    MoonlightShadow
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure why my link broke. Basically the page you linked is the same information I linked. Use your mouse to hover over the link in the "Name" column. A tooltip will pop up showing you a copy of what the in-game tooltip says. Look at the bottom of the tooltip. If it does not say "Treasure Type: Sittable" then it is decorative only. Try looking at other items like the Elsweyr Armchair, Low-Backed Wooden and you will see what I mean.
    Edited by MoonlightShadow on November 1, 2020 1:54PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. That's good to know.

What's really weird about this item is that it's listed under Suite > Pillows, and is craftable at the Clothing station, while other stools are listed as Workshop > Stools. Maybe this is why you can't sit on it.
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if that is the case @SilverBride . I remember seeing a similar post in the past.

I also recall some discussion about the Elsweyr chaise and why you can’t lounge on it “like a diva” because there is no animation for that, instead you sit on it like a regular chair, which is odd to say the least.

I’m guessing there is no sitting-on-a-barstool animation either.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you are right @katanagirl1. The barstools sit up higher than other chairs or stools, so would need a different animation I assume.
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think you are right @katanagirl1. The barstools sit up higher than other chairs or stools, so would need a different animation I assume.

Ha, don’t give me credit for being too lazy to look up the old thread where someone else mentioned it.
    :)
    I also don’t like the fact that the Redguard Arc is not sittable either.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I still used them anyway, sittable or not, because they do look good.
    PCNA