The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Yo stam sorc plays like *** now?

Squidgaurd
Squidgaurd
✭✭✭
stam sorc main since like 2016 just coming back to the game i have to wait like 2 seconds to use my skills thats stupid remove that *** cooldown cuz it just makes stam sorc unplayable with love - Squidgaurd
p.s its spelled that way on purpose
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stamsorc, magsorc, both templars, basically anything that's not a stamblade is gimped by the 3 second cooldowns.

Oh and enjoy losing third of your recoveries across the board if you dare to use your armor buff even once.
    This current test is by far the stupidest so far, and suprise suprise, cyro still lags as usual.
    Well fracking done team.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's entirely possible that they need the laggy test to get info on what and where lags. No need to be rude.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    It's entirely possible that they need the laggy test to get info on what and where lags. No need to be rude.

You are right, its not like they literally said they would implement one of these tests if they proved to improve performance.

Oh wait, they actually did.

Problem is that these test dont give a realistic measure of what works and what doesnt, when most classes dont have functioning builds they can play.

Absolutely no reason for me to lose 400-500 recovery and incur a 3 second global cooldown for using my armor SELF buff.

I hardly think that all the stamsorcs out there spamming recasting hurricane are responsible for the lag.

Reality is, these tests are a low effort cop out way theyre trying to use to fix performance. And it doesnt work.

We are in the 8th week of these tests and i have seen little to no improvements.

Also bugs, like the recovery reduction proccing on the very first cast of aoe abilities arent making it easier.

Heres the thing, if they want to stop ppl from spamming spin to win and impulse in 24 man grps, go for it.

But they shouldve made a list with exeptions to abilities that have no additional impact when recast in succession like armor buffs.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

You are right, its not like they literally said they would implement one of these tests if they proved to improve performance.

They said that even when they saw improvement, it wasn't enough, no?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Problem is that these test dont give a realistic measure of what works and what doesnt, when most classes dont have functioning builds they can play.

Absolutely no reason for me to lose 400-500 recovery and incur a 3 second global cooldown for using my armor SELF buff.

I hardly think that all the stamsorcs out there spamming recasting hurricane are responsible for the lag.

Reality is, these tests are a low effort cop out way theyre trying to use to fix performance. And it doesnt work.

We are in the 8th week of these tests and i have seen little to no improvements.

Also bugs, like the recovery reduction proccing on the very first cast of aoe abilities arent making it easier.

Heres the thing, if they want to stop ppl from spamming spin to win and impulse in 24 man grps, go for it.

But they shouldve made a list with exeptions to abilities that have no additional impact when recast in succession like armor buffs.

Where did Zos say they would implement one of these tests?

I will help you out.
    We will be very upfront, but please be aware that if these tests confirm our hypothesis, then chain-casting AOE abilities will no longer form the core of the ESO PvP experience in the way it has for the last few years.

This is literally saying that if the tests prove that being able to repeatedly cast AoEs over and over as we can that they would make changes to make that difficult. That is not the same as one of the test parameters will be implemented. Especially since there are other ways to force us to change how we use AoEs.
    Edited by idk on October 31, 2020 4:04PM
  • Playboy_Shrek
    Playboy_Shrek
    ✭✭✭
    things they need to do to make stamsorc better

make crystal weapon smoother and make it an actual LA buff rather than a skill that procs off light attacks so that its affected by empower and bound arms.

remove the cooldown on dark deal. increase the storm duration. buff the clannefear slightly.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Where did Zos say they would implement one of these tests?

I will help you out.
    We will be very upfront, but please be aware that if these tests confirm our hypothesis, then chain-casting AOE abilities will no longer form the core of the ESO PvP experience in the way it has for the last few years.

This is literally saying that if the tests prove that being able to repeatedly cast AoEs over and over as we can that they would make changes to make that difficult. That is not the same as one of the test parameters will be implemented. Especially since there are other ways to force us to change how we use AoEs.

You literally contradict yourself mate. How ill they limit chaincasting aoes? I can tell you, cooldowns, cost increase and the like.

Im sure some skills will be overhauled to remove raidus checks, which is fine, but my whole premise is that these tests were far too restricting and thus dont really represent how players normally behave, and doesnt represent how we will behave once they implement any of these changes, or not.
    You cant tell me that cutting my recoveries across the board, for literally using my armor buff is a good idea in any way, shape or form. Beacuse thats what the current test does.
    I dont care how many radius checks these buffs have, absolutely no reason to gimp most classes, beacuse the results will be gimped as well, simple as that.
    If they went in a changed skills that were already single target, self target etc, and removed or reworked their radius checks, and THEN implemented these tests, we wouldve seen what the game could actually look like and how it would actually function.

The very fact that they say that we might not be able to spam aoe abilities like in the past screams cooldowns to me, otherwise what are they going to do to stop us? Ask us nicely? Like they did when they asked us to spread out? Beacuse that worked out sooo well.

Lets be real, these tests arent just to confirm if aoe abilities are the cause of lag, if it was they wouldve run the same test with cooldowns for 6 weeks straight. Instead theyre testing what sort of restrictions they can out in place that would improve performance the most. Big.Freakin.Difference.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    The very fact that they say that we might not be able to spam aoe abilities like in the past screams cooldowns to me, otherwise what are they going to do to stop us? .

My guess is skills will be left alone or changed based on how spammable they are first, and also based on how many potential targets need to be checked.

1) Hurricane: not spammable, not much performance gain to be found there.
    2) Sorc wards: semi-spammable, no real radius check, not much performance gain to be found there.
    3) Jabs: spammable, potentially high performance gain to be found. Maybe converted to single-target
    4) Regeneration: massive radius check, potentially high performance gain, may be locked to group and/or face increasing cost/cooldown

If they're not completely dense they'll let us toggle between options to restrict heals to self, group, or allies, with no penalties on the first.
    Edited by Recapitated on October 31, 2020 5:35PM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The very fact that they say that we might not be able to spam aoe abilities like in the past screams cooldowns to me, otherwise what are they going to do to stop us? .

My guess is skills will be left alone or changed based on how spammable they are first, and also based on how many potential targets need to be checked.

1) Hurricane: not spammable, not much performance gain to be found there.
    2) Sorc wards: semi-spammable, no real radius check, not much performance gain to be found there.
    3) Jabs: spammable, potentially high performance gain to be found. Maybe converted to single-target
    4) Regeneration: massive radius check, potentially high performance gain, may be locked to group and/or face increasing cost/cooldown

If they're not completely dense they'll let us toggle between options to restrict heals to self, group, or allies, with no penalties on the first.

Yes but these are things they shouldve considered before these test, no?

I get what these restrictive tests are supposed to do: Alter player behaviour.
    Thing is, most ppl that dont play the few specs that arent massively affected just zerg right now, beacuse good luck surviving when you cant heal yourself or use other defensive skills that are restrictied by the test.

Like, tell me the reason Hurricane incurs a global cooldown? Recasting the ability doesnt make it any more intense on the server since its an aoe dot ability that has to do radius checks to see if there are players inside its area, every single second.
    The skill doesnt have more of an impact on performance wheter its spammed or not, so why restrict it?
    Meanwhile it makes sorcerer absolutely atrocious to play, beacuse after casting it you lose 33% recovery, and cant use a skill like streak for 3 seconds.

Like i said before, these tests were done either in a haste or very lazily, a lot of what you wrote up there shouldve been considered before they started.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

make crystal weapon smoother and make it an actual LA buff rather than a skill that procs off light attacks so that its affected by empower and bound arms.

remove the cooldown on dark deal. increase the storm duration. buff the clannefear slightly.

Doesn't matter, 3s global AOE = dead class, mag or stam.

3s AOE CD, ramping skill costs, and ramping loss of regen = I don't even know where to begin.

Based on their comments, 75% chance cooldowns and more are going in. So start leveling another class if you haven't already.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Doesn't matter, 3s global AOE = dead class, mag or stam.

3s AOE CD, ramping skill costs, and ramping loss of regen = I don't even know where to begin.

Based on their comments, 75% chance cooldowns and more are going in. So start leveling another class if you haven't already.

Doubt its any time soon tho
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back Squid, the AoE testing period is thankfully ending tomorrow. So what they do with AoE's is still up in the air but we can at least PvP like normal for awhile again.

You're welcome to join my squad any time we go out there, we've mostly moved to no-CP tho

PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP