The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where do I pick corn flower from?

Biscuit_290
Biscuit_290
✭✭✭
Vvardenfell. I know nimroot grows in the water. What about this one?
Edited by Biscuit_290 on October 28, 2020 5:28AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enchanter NPCs only sell Potencies, @Biscuit_290 ... so what you see is what you get.

On the bright side, Essence and Aspect Runes can be found for cheap ... at the guild stores and as nodes all over the map.

Except for maybe Kuta Aspect Runes, along with Hakeijo and Indeko Essence Runes. Those are still somewhat rare.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice about-face on changing the thread title, @Biscuit_290. ;)

Next time include both your questions at the same time ... instead of replacing the thread title with a new one.

Corn flower can also be found at the guild stores or as alchemy nodes most everywhere on the map.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 28, 2020 5:42AM
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    hahaha I had realised it was a pointless question after posting.
    And I checked up corn flower. It's too expensive. 400 gold per flower and selling in bulk only....I thought I should just pick them myself
    Edited by Biscuit_290 on October 28, 2020 6:09AM
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    400 gold for a flower and selling in bulk only....I thought I should just pick them myself

I mean I only want one. To buy more would take up space on my already tiny bank. I don't have eso plus. So I only keep the things I need presently
    Edited by Biscuit_290 on October 28, 2020 6:10AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Go to any of the starter areas, resource nodes respawn faster there.

"Corn flower (...) can be found growing in all zones, with the exception of Coldharbour (outside of the Hollow City). Like the other non-mushroom plants, it tends to grow out in the open."
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Corn_Flower
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cornflower can spawn randomly in any alchemy flower node that isn't a nirnroot or water hyacinth. Basically, mushrooms have mushroom spawns, water plants (nirnroot and water hyacinth) share spawns, and all other flowers share spawns.

As you run farming routes, you'll learn where the different spawn points are.

So if you want cornflower, you can either pick it up as you farm, or you select a small farming route and pick up ALL the flowers again and again so that cornflower has the best chance to spawn. Starter islands and the Hollow City in Coldharbor have very fast turnover times, though the Hollow City is a known farming area so expect competition.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    400 gold for a flower and selling in bulk only....I thought I should just pick them myself

I mean I only want one. To buy more would take up space on my already tiny bank. I don't have eso plus. So I only keep the things I need presently

Items stack in your inventory. Many things will stack up to 200, and take only one slot.

You can have 200 columbine, or cornflowers, or bugloss before you take up more than one slot.

200 cornflowers, one slot. 201 cornflowers, two slots.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

Items stack in your inventory. Many things will stack up to 200, and take only one slot.

You can have 200 columbine, or cornflowers, or bugloss before you take up more than one slot.

I got the impression the OP literally only wanted one to use for something, so buying 200 would be a huge waste and leave them with 199, which still takes up more space than zero.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hahaha I had realised it was a pointless question after posting.
    And I checked up corn flower. It's too expensive. 400 gold per flower and selling in bulk only....I thought I should just pick them myself

It is one of the most expensive flowers. I always pick up that blue flower where ever I see it.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that helps if you are farming at low levels - you probably don't want to look for cornflower while you are also getting flax plants for clothing.

I've done this, and you see, cornflower is a small blue flower and flax is...also a small blue flower.

"Cornflower!" :smiley:
    *sprints over*
    "Aww, its just flax." :disappointed:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

I got the impression the OP literally only wanted one to use for something, so buying 200 would be a huge waste and leave them with 199, which still takes up more space than zero.

True, but if one Farms as they go along in the game, then you never have to scramble for items for Writs or other Crafting.

If your short on bag space, off load to a mule or bank or just farm the stuff you think you need.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They did say "to buy more than one would take up space". If they're going to pick it themselves, might as well pick as many as you find up to the 200 limit. You're using the same amount of space for 1 as for 199.

Not to mention that, if you aren't using the excess, you can sell it for gold to use for other things....like more bag and bank space.
  • Biscuit_290
    Biscuit_290
    ✭✭✭
    ah ok got it