The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Provisioning profitable

Mitaka211
Mitaka211
✭✭✭✭
So i got interested in provisioning and using it to sell food/drinks in the guild trader. Any experienced players can share if it is profitable or is it it situation where everyone has it , so there is no point in focusing in that direction?
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have some of the rare, widely used, recipes then you can make some profit.

Recipes like Artaeum Fish Bowl sells to end-game players who use the food for their magicka characters. It's expensive to make, but can turn into a profit if you have a source of the materials.

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most profit I have found is to get your provisioning skill (not level) somewhere mid range where the recipes get expensive and then do the southern elsweyr dragonguard quests enough to unlock the blind argonian in the sanctum. He will sell you all the green recipes at your skill level for under half what they go for at traders and you can just keep selling them on. I was happily buying ethereal hooch etc recipes for 800 or so and selling for 5000 until I got so much in game gold from this and other things I got bored of it and levelled my provisioning skill up to 6.

Too many toons not enough time
  • ZomZom
    ZomZom
    ✭✭✭
    I haven’t done a complete analysis, but so far I’m finding it much better to sell mats than finished provisioning goods.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of the above mentioned: Provsioing reward at cp160 is 601 gold per daily and you need only six different items.
    So the monthly gain is 18K gold per char and you need 5 items of each kind on average.

If you skill into it, its definetly worth it!
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have the passives you can vendor some finished items for more than the ingredients sell for. Just make items that do not use in demand ingredients used for end game items.

It used to be a chore to do this, but with multicraft it goes quick
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"