The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any chance at something other than 4v4v4?

BraidasNM
BraidasNM
✭✭✭✭
Idrc what, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 2v2v2...just something else. I'd prefer 2v2 and 3v3 personally. I don't think 4v4v4 is at all the best way to do it. It's more just like a *** most of the time.
Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Yep all the other things aside this design philosophy of 3 way team battles is the biggest obstacle to ESO PvP being competitive and as enjoyable as it could be, it's fun being in a super chaotic environment but not when that is the only option or when it repeatedly results in anti-fun behavior like 2 teams camping one teams GY or 8v4ing because they don't like a person on a particular team. Those are not culture issues it's a result of the map design and the intrinsic imbalance baked into the 3 team system.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think 8v8 or even 4v4 would offer a more fun PvP experience. My guess is Zos went with a three-way to keep the three banner thing going but that is not really necessary and it does not seem to improve gameplay with instanced PvP.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah and third party kill stealing, *deep breath* is NOT a fun thing to have in games, imagine Esports game where somebody could just sit on the sideline and steal points because the other teams are engaged and actually have no way to stop it unless it's a agreed on effort by the two engaged teams. That is a big ask to have cross team co-operation just to prevent the match getting ruined for everyone.

There really just needs to be a GvG arena or a mediumscale PvP zone without bosses or or siege, it's fun having dynamic things adding additional challenge to fights but the novelty of being pelted with fire balista's when you are in a 1v1 or having a zone boss in IC aggroed into your group by somebody you just killed wears off super fast.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6v6 could be cool
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • wylievc
    wylievc
    ✭✭✭
    Agree
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd really like something that's smaller scale than Cyrodiil and doesn't stick to the 3-way team design. Modes like Capture the Relic are just awful with 3 teams as they often devolve into each team camping at their spawn point or 2 teams fighting over the relic of the weakest team (which usually is the one with 1-2 players less).

Personally, I think the pvp is too imbalanced to make 2v2 or 3v3 much more than luck of the draw in regards to build/class set-up, but something like 8v8 would be fun.
    PC/EU altaholic | The Sorc heal in your logs | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4vs4 is perfect
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly feel like 4v4v4 is ok and 4v4 would be nice. A 1v1 arena would be cool instead of just duels. 2v2 and 3v3 would be nothing but frustration though without being able to queue with friends.

Too many times I’m in BGs (deathmatch specifically)try harding just to go 8-7 because I was the only one on my team putting in work. Or two manning and carrying two carcasses to the finish line only to lose because the other team of fully competent players made a late push. Just the other day I had a complete potato who let the healer get a kill before he did. He was 0-7 before stealing 3 out of 4 kills he got in the final seconds.

Imagine being by yourself with one of those in 2v2 or two of them in 3v3? I can’t speak for the other modes because I mainly play deathmatch but I take pride in a positive K.D even if I lose, I feel compelled to jump back in when I go negative. So I hate nothing more than going negative because my teammates spent all game respawning while I was getting spanked by 8 other players.
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    ImSoPro wrote: »
    I honestly feel like 4v4v4 is ok and 4v4 would be nice. A 1v1 arena would be cool instead of just duels. 2v2 and 3v3 would be nothing but frustration though without being able to queue with friends.

Too many times I’m in BGs (deathmatch specifically)try harding just to go 8-7 because I was the only one on my team putting in work. Or two manning and carrying two carcasses to the finish line only to lose because the other team of fully competent players made a late push. Just the other day I had a complete potato who let the healer get a kill before he did. He was 0-7 before stealing 3 out of 4 kills he got in the final seconds.

Imagine being by yourself with one of those in 2v2 or two of them in 3v3? I can’t speak for the other modes because I mainly play deathmatch but I take pride in a positive K.D even if I lose, I feel compelled to jump back in when I go negative. So I hate nothing more than going negative because my teammates spent all game respawning while I was getting spanked by 8 other players.

Group qs coming back but yes actual mmr would be nice
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could go to Cyrodiil and play 50v50v50vLag. :-D
  • Kaizor88
    Kaizor88
    Soul Shriven
    ImSoPro wrote: »

oooof a 1v1 arena ... that would be really fun
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any 2 team mode would be great at this point. It's been requested so many times on the forums so I hope ZOS adds something at some point.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Any 2 team mode would be great at this point. It's been requested so many times on the forums so I hope ZOS adds something at some point.

Their initial premise for 3 teams was the same as with cyro, so that it wouldn't allow any 1 team to get too far ahead.
    Of course this didn't work out, in most games the weakest team gets farmed by both teams, or 1 team dominates so hard that it doesn't matter l, and even then the other teams will usually focus each other instead.
    Or if you have somewhat balanced teams in for example high MMR games, it becomes all about 3rd partying, which can lead to some hilarious stare offs between teams that can last for minutes, as no one wants be the first to engage.
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1v1 arena and when you reach the top of the leaderboard you get this fella as a non-combat pet:
    4qLyBql.jpg