The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

So, the zombie personality

IWinWithPewPew
IWinWithPewPew
✭✭✭
Why is it crown gems?

In belgium i cant buy crown crates, to be honest, i wouldn't either! But still kinda feel discriminated against and forgotten. I really wanted that one.

Why not put it up for sale for crowns?
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it used to be a direct sale in the past and now they brought it back as a gem exclusive, which is such a bad move imho.
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
    Options
  • IWinWithPewPew
    IWinWithPewPew
    ✭✭✭
    Well its not just the personality, the mount looks awesome too
    Options
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We used to have this cute saying in sales "a little bit of something is better than a whole lotta nothing".

It would appear to me that ZOS believes they will make more money by selling a few through crown gems, than a direct crown purchase. I would argue that selling through crowns will yield a greater chance for a sale, and through that, generate more actual sales. OF course I could be completely wrong because their spread sheet prediction indicates they will make more money through crown crate purchases that get turned into gems (because folks who horded gems will not actually make ZOS money, that money was already made, only new sales makes them money) but if this is the case its because there is a limited exposure to folks purchasing this item (a lower player count/not healthy player numbers).

Regardless, the one thing that is provable and evident is that by NOT allowing all crown store items to be sold with direct crown purchases, ZOS is not catering to a large chunk of their player base. I applaud efforts by countries who are against gamble crates, but its sad that some businesses are sticking to their guns and not only hurting themselves, but disrespecting their customers who would gladly pay up front for these items. This type of action hurts both parties, this is not good business.

Another cute saying we had in sales. "A good deal is when its good for you, and me."

Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're not missing much, the personality walks like its very recently vacated its bowels or in the act of trying not to.

Edited by mairwen85 on October 29, 2020 11:18PM
    Options
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I may be mistaken, but aren't the monthly logon loyalty bribes gem-able?
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
    Options
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You mean the potions, food etc? No.
    Options
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something is. I've never bought a crown crate, ever, but have gem-able stuff scattered across my characters. They don't give away free crates often enough for all of it to come from the free crates by my off-hand estimation. But like I said, I'm probably mistaken.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
    Options
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are, indeed. Never purchased; don’t plan to; have ~400 ish Gems. And I recently went back to get daily items out of alt storage to convert - so you can extract at any point after getting the drops.

S.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The items we get from the free crates can be exchanged for gems. Pretty much many in-game events, launches of major updates, and major Zos announcements about the game tend to come with streamers having drops enabled. That is good for about two of those free crates.
    Options
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The zombie personality would only be worth it if you broke out into the Thriller dance while standing idle.
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are, indeed. Never purchased; don’t plan to; have ~400 ish Gems. And I recently went back to get daily items out of alt storage to convert - so you can extract at any point after getting the drops.

S.

No they are not. Daily rewards can't be turned into gems. It's why a lot of people complain about those consumables, because you mainly just destroy them.

You can get gems from the Twitch crate drops though.

Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on October 30, 2020 3:13PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The zombie personality would only be worth it if you broke out into the Thriller dance while standing idle.

A K Reddy or Michael Jackson version?

https://youtu.be/pzJo7zVXQr0
    Edited by mairwen85 on October 30, 2020 3:14PM
    Options
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

S.

Not the potions, mimic stones, poisons, etc from daily login rewards, barring those that specifically come from crates given as a daily reward (or as a Twitch drop). So, if it came from a crown crate, like those “preview” crates we now get with the new crown crate seasons, yeah, those are extractable. But, say, 25 crown tri-pots given on day 2, those are absolutely not extractable.
    Options