Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Purchase Alliance Rank

Almakor
Almakor
✭✭✭
I'm glad they've made it so you don't have to re-search for skyshards on new characters if you got them on an older one. Even if it costs you money. Are there any plans to purchase PVP alliance ranks and the skill points that come with them if you had earned then on one character?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purchasing the skill points only?

Sure, I could get on board with that.

Purchasing the Alliance Rank?

Definitely not.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 16, 2020 9:21PM
  • Almakor
    Almakor
    ✭✭✭

Definitely not.

If your ALREADY have the rank on another character I think it's reasonable to have it on the rest. It shows how good YOU are at pvp.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as the rank itself is concerned, if they go this route, I'd rather they just make it an account wide rank. What's the point in buying it? If you're a grand overlord on one character, you could be grand overlord on another and another, and so on. After the first, you'd really only be purchasing the skill points and the title.

You are right though. If you already have the rank on one character, it is reasonable you have it on the rest. I disagree that it should be locked behind a paywall.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almakor wrote: »

Definitely not.

If your ALREADY have the rank on another character I think it's reasonable to have it on the rest. It shows how good YOU are at pvp.

There are other rewards tied to Alliance Rank, @Almakor ... not just the prestige of completing the AP grind.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almakor wrote: »

Definitely not.

It in no way shows how good someone is at pvp, it shows how much time they’ve spent on pvp. Or it shows how good they are at AP farming/boosting. The way someone shows they’re good at pvp is by being good at pvp. Regardless of rank. If anything, it’s even more impressive to wreck people and 1vX on a low ranked toon.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP should be like champion points, that being account bound. Alliance war ranks should also have their requirements reduced. The hours logged needed to achieve grand warlord are absolutely insane. I dont want to spend 8hours a day everyday for over a year to achieve grand warlord, especially if one plays with multiple characters
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I disagree with the purchasing of Alliance Rank, I'd love the ability to swap our rank icons. I'd kill to keep the moons. :neutral:
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP should be like champion points, that being account bound. Alliance war ranks should also have their requirements reduced. The hours logged needed to achieve grand warlord are absolutely insane. I dont want to spend 8hours a day everyday for over a year to achieve grand warlord, especially if one plays with multiple characters

ZOS already reduced the total AP needed for Grand Warlord once (a few years ago).

I wouldn't expect another AP redux any time soon ...
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Purchase with ap