The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Asking for help for the Depths of Malatar Vet

Tenxxxm
Tenxxxm
Hi so first post, and I'm sure this isn't looked at well by the community, but I'm a new player and I love cosmetics and character creation in literally any game that has it. Spend way too much time on it. I saw the skin you get from Malatar pretty much right away when I started and I really want it. So my question after rambling is: Can anyone carry me through it? I'm not even 50 yet, but I've been grinding a LOT for gold so I could afford a carry when I hit 50. I'm willing to pay, but I'm 99% sure I'm gonna scammed. Any good Samaritans willing to help me out? You'll be making someone really happy AND you'll get gold

To be clear, this is the only content I'm interested in paying a carry for. I just want to get the skin asap for my other character I made, who I'll be leveling after I get the skin. Thank you in advance!

Best Answers

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, you can only get the skin by beating Depths of Malatar on veteran. As it is a DLC dungeon, you can't enter it unless you are a CP 300. Relax, it will be there when you get there.
    Answer ✓
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do not have to be CP300 to enter on vet. You only have to be CP300 if you use group finder. If you do in fact find 3 that are willing to carry, you can preform and port directly into the dungeon below CP300

You can? There was a thread talking about this last week. I know dungeon finder is broken, but others were saying if you tried to join with a sub-300 player the group was not able to enter the dungeon.

Can't keep up with this stuff anymore

Sure can. If someone under CP300 cannot port in a preformed group, either it's a sporadic bug or the previous group was used in group finder and not abandoned and reformed. Have a guildmate that has an alt account and took them along at CP150 ish. Also, as these are paid DLC they can't really say you can't enter something because of your level without that being clearly stated on the DLC item or it could be considered false advertising. They CAN disallow you from using Group Finder until CP300, but that's about it.
    Answer ✓
  • Tenxxxm
    Tenxxxm
    Dang I didn't know you had to be cp 300, but thanks for lmk. Probably for the best anyway I suppose. If anyone is still willing to for when I hit 300, I'd still like if someone lmk
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do not have to be CP300 to enter on vet. You only have to be CP300 if you use group finder. If you do in fact find 3 that are willing to carry, you can preform and port directly into the dungeon below CP300
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You can? There was a thread talking about this last week. I know dungeon finder is broken, but others were saying if you tried to join with a sub-300 player the group was not able to enter the dungeon.

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow. Thanks, @r3turn2s3nd3r Good luck @Tenxxxm Its a long dungeon
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure can. If someone under CP300 cannot port in a preformed group, either it's a sporadic bug or the previous group was used in group finder and not abandoned and reformed. Have a guildmate that has an alt account and took them along at CP150 ish. Also, as these are paid DLC they can't really say you can't enter something because of your level without that being clearly stated on the DLC item or it could be considered false advertising. They CAN disallow you from using Group Finder until CP300, but that's about it.
    Yes did vWGT with an cp180 at the start of IC event, because one ported to it and we ported to him.
    And the group finder limit its for an reason, I'm redundant to pug vet dlc in the first place.
    You can also bring an level 10 into normal dlc this way but you can not use the finder even in an 4 man group in either.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Tenxxxm
    Tenxxxm
    This has been really helpful guys, thanks. Good to know I can get into one so long as it isn't by group finder. Hopefully I can get it done and get the skin. Ty
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just know that when you're good at the game in the future you're gonna regret paying for it hehe. It's not a hard dungeon for an experienced player, i encounter it in random dungeon queue and complete it with random people. But yeah it's not really possible to do it at such low level and experience and if you really want it that much right now then go buy it. Also carry runs are kinda expensive so when you have enough gold for that you'll probably be at high enough level and experience to be able to do it :D
  • Tenxxxm
    Tenxxxm
    Old one I started but I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who commented, I stuck it out and just got the skin today. 200cp