The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So when do you think all this proc set stuff will be over?

Casul
Casul
✭✭✭✭✭
How long did it take back in 2016, I cant remember but I think it was around 6 months. Oh them days, nothing like the old viper, widowmaker, velidreth (and also lets not forget black rose, viper, tremorscale)

But in all seriousness no-CP is pretty garbage nowdays
PvP needs more love.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait, I think Tremor might make a come-back with Markarth!

I haven't seen any PTS notes adjusting proc sets outside of Sheer Venom and Shyv Scales. I wouldn't hold your breath.. I enjoy no-CP but agree the adoption rate on full proc builds is pretty annoying to deal with.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    How long did it take back in 2016, I cant remember but I think it was around 6 months. Oh them days, nothing like the old viper, widowmaker, velidreth (and also lets not forget black rose, viper, tremorscale)

Never in regards to PvP. It's all about keeping Stamina builds as OP as possible with DMG, Executes, DoTs and Poison running from their ears, and Streamers happy. It's all about facerolling Magicka builds in ESO. Anyone thinking otherwise is facerolling magicka with their builds.

Just compare Stamina sets to Magicka sets. Stamina will get (in no particular popularity order, just examples) 450-515 WD for 15 seconds with yet a second buff, Magicka SD buffs last 2-4-5-6 seconds and no secondary buff.

I guess Magicka should stick to Undaunted Dungeons/Trials and Stamina to PvP.

Just thinking about this gives me a nose bleed lol.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »

Never in regards to PvP. It's all about keeping Stamina builds as OP as possible with DMG, Executes, DoTs and Poison running from their ears, and Streamers happy. It's all about facerolling Magicka builds in ESO. Anyone thinking otherwise is facerolling magicka with their builds.

Just compare Stamina sets to Magicka sets. Stamina will get (in no particular popularity order, just examples) 450-515 WD for 15 seconds with yet a second buff, Magicka SD buffs last 2-4-5-6 seconds and no secondary buff.

I'm trying to pick up magden again. Can't lie. Lack of execute hurts bad. So bad I might run bloodthirsty to see if that helps.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Magicka has been historically stronger for group pvp due to stronger crossheals than stamina.

I play multiple mag classes in pvp and theyre 100% fine, not every spec has to be a god in solo play.

Once premade battlegrounds come back you will see that magicka is just fine for pvp.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

Magicka has been historically stronger for group pvp due to stronger crossheals than stamina.

I play multiple mag classes in pvp and theyre 100% fine, not every spec has to be a god in solo play.

Once premade battlegrounds come back you will see that magicka is just fine for pvp.

Good in groups means spec has debilitating weakness that gets exposed without allies.

That's not 100% fine, that is 100% frustrating.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First of all, I think it's poor game design to force Magicka builds into dedicated, organized groups in order to be viable. Secondly, I disagree that Magicka classes are actually even better in those situations than Stamina builds are (maybe that's true for zerging, but I'd quit and uninstall before I started playing like that).

It has obviously been a while since premade-vs-premade-vs-premade BGs have been a thing, but from what I played of them a while back, I certainly wouldn't say that Magicka builds were superior for anything except dedicated heals (and even then a Stamina Warden might have been arguable, depending on the number of opposing negates). What mattered the most then was not being the team that eventually got sandwiched, and having superior mobility and anti-mobility skills were very important; hence Stamina's non-stop Bombard spam + dodge rolling and sprinting out of opposing roots.

And don't forget that a lot of Magicka-based heals are utter garbage now. The upcoming nerfs to Major/Minor Defile will help somewhat (though it helps Stam as well, of course), but Magicka cross healing is by no means what it was a year ago. Unless of course you know some way to get decent healing while still having worthwhile damage, survivability, and sustain that applies to all Magicka builds. If you do know some way to do that, please share with the rest of us.

I'm trying to pick up magden again. Can't lie. Lack of execute hurts bad. So bad I might run bloodthirsty to see if that helps.
    I haven't actively played my Magicka Warden in probably 1.5 - 2 years now, but from what I've seen in BGs lately I'd say that they're actually one of the better Magicka classes in the current meta. Not having an execute certainly stinks, but you can load up on proc sets and still have strong survivability and healing with Arctic Wind (and the morph to heal another target is actually incredibly strong with the right build).
    Edited by wheem_ESO on October 25, 2020 8:13PM
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Procs don't need to go away, but they do need to start scaling with your stats to be better balanced.

Right now it makes the most sense to stack proc sets and have them go off at the same time. And since they do not scale with your stats, makes most sense to use a tank build while doing so. By making them scale with stats, you will naturally affect the damage potential of all your proc sets if you ignore the stat aspect. You could still run two proc sets with heavy armor, but at the cost of all of them underperforming due to bad base stats. It will deter heavy armor tanks with 30k+ health from using procs as a means of doing undeserved damage for their tankyness level.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

First of all, I think it's poor game design to force Magicka builds into dedicated, organized groups in order to be viable. Secondly, I disagree that Magicka classes are actually even better in those situations than Stamina builds are (maybe that's true for zerging, but I'd quit and uninstall before I started playing like that).

It has obviously been a while since premade-vs-premade-vs-premade BGs have been a thing, but from what I played of them a while back, I certainly wouldn't say that Magicka builds were superior for anything except dedicated heals (and even then a Stamina Warden might have been arguable, depending on the number of opposing negates). What mattered the most then was not being the team that eventually got sandwiched, and having superior mobility and anti-mobility skills were very important; hence Stamina's non-stop Bombard spam + dodge rolling and sprinting out of opposing roots.

And don't forget that a lot of Magicka-based heals are utter garbage now. The upcoming nerfs to Major/Minor Defile will help somewhat (though it helps Stam as well, of course), but Magicka cross healing is by no means what it was a year ago. Unless of course you know some way to get decent healing while still having worthwhile damage, survivability, and sustain that applies to all Magicka builds. If you do know some way to do that, please share with the rest of us.

I haven't actively played my Magicka Warden in probably 1.5 - 2 years now, but from what I've seen in BGs lately I'd say that they're actually one of the better Magicka classes in the current meta. Not having an execute certainly stinks, but you can load up on proc sets and still have strong survivability and healing with Arctic Wind (and the morph to heal another target is actually incredibly strong with the right build).

Procs would make things easy for sure. But I would rather put in more work, instead of letting the armor do the heavy lifting for me. Makes kills more rewarding.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will proc meta be over?

When Greymoor moves to ESOplus subs and ZOS don’t need to hype Malacath this bad. Then we’ll get a new p2w meta
    XBox One - NA
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beats me. I wouldn't wait around to find out though.
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's about adjusting mythics followed by proc sets. The ability to proc sets with back barring certain set, for guaranteed damage, with a mythic item (extra five piece) and monster helm. Mythics (increase dmg by 25% but cant crit) brings viability of proc sets through the roof.
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    When 4k+Health recovery build became viable only for tanks, not for DD.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I encourage everyone to use most popular proc sets. If everyone will use it, ZOS will nerfed it to the ground. I farmed my Syvarra's Scales yesterday, I hated it, but I will used a lot :expressionless:
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering they are releasing more instant damage proc sets with Markarth... not going to happen.

Can't wait to get insta-gibbed by this build:

Curse of Doylemish
    2 items: Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    3 items: Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    4 items: Adds 129 Weapon Damage and Spell Damage
    5 items: When using a fully-charged melee Heavy Attack on a taunted monster or any enemy who is stunned, feared, or immobilized, you will deal 12507 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

Explosive Rebuke back barred
    2 items: Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    5 items: When you successfully block, you place a bomb on the enemy for 10 seconds. When they are hit with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, the bomb detonates, dealing 13150 Flame Damage to all enemies within 8 meters. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.

Perfected Frenzied Momentum
    1 item: Adds 877 Maximum Stamina
    2 items: While Momentum is active, casting Stamina Abilities generates a stack of Frenzied Momentum for 10 seconds, up to 5 times. Upon reaching max stacks, your next Heavy Attack will consume all stacks and release a violent explosion of energy around your target, dealing 9028 Physical Damage to them and all enemies within 8 meters of them.

1 item: Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    2 items: When you activate a taunt ability on an enemy, you cause a duneripper to burst from the ground beneath them after 1 second, dealing 6000 Physical Damage to all enemies within 4 meters and reducing their Physical Resistance by 2395 for 8 seconds. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.

Buffed pierce armor with Tremorscale for 11,317 penetration on one skill, dizzy swing for off-balance, heavy attack buffed by 70% on off balance targets, +34,685 instant proc damage (22,178 of which is AOE), then execute / ultimate (do you even need to after that?)

Don't need sustain since all you are doing is heavy attacking and stack as much health and damage mitigation as possible since your sets are going to one-shot people.

Congrats you are now one-shotting people in full heavy armor with 40k health.

Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »
    Considering they are releasing more instant damage proc sets with Markarth... not going to happen.

Can't wait to get insta-gibbed by this build:

Curse of Doylemish
    2 items: Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    5 items: When using a fully-charged melee Heavy Attack on a taunted monster or any enemy who is stunned, feared, or immobilized, you will deal 12507 Physical Damage. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

Explosive Rebuke back barred
    2 items: Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    5 items: When you successfully block, you place a bomb on the enemy for 10 seconds. When they are hit with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, the bomb detonates, dealing 13150 Flame Damage to all enemies within 8 meters. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.

Perfected Frenzied Momentum
    1 item: Adds 877 Maximum Stamina
    2 items: While Momentum is active, casting Stamina Abilities generates a stack of Frenzied Momentum for 10 seconds, up to 5 times. Upon reaching max stacks, your next Heavy Attack will consume all stacks and release a violent explosion of energy around your target, dealing 9028 Physical Damage to them and all enemies within 8 meters of them.

1 item: Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    2 items: When you activate a taunt ability on an enemy, you cause a duneripper to burst from the ground beneath them after 1 second, dealing 6000 Physical Damage to all enemies within 4 meters and reducing their Physical Resistance by 2395 for 8 seconds. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.

Buffed pierce armor with Tremorscale for 11,317 penetration on one skill, dizzy swing for off-balance, heavy attack buffed by 70% on off balance targets, +34,685 instant proc damage (22,178 of which is AOE), then execute / ultimate (do you even need to after that?)

Don't need sustain since all you are doing is heavy attacking and stack as much health and damage mitigation as possible since your sets are going to one-shot people.

Congrats you are now one-shotting people in full heavy armor with 40k health.

Meh on all that. Sure the sets. Its just easier IMO to drop Doyle, that way you don't have to rely on a CCd enemy. Just run Malacath. You're losing only approx 6k (before BS) damage but make it insanely easier to land. Just keep swinging the heavies. No need for All that prep, though you can.

Drop the offensive abilities for defensive like bone shield and defensive posture.

Be 50k+ health and unkillable and only lose minimum damage
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Over? It just started! This meta has pretty fun and an interesting change from the dot and tank meta we used to have. It's pretty nice when metas can rotate like this, and I'm happy my Godwolf build that I had to shelve during Dotbreaker, is now back and better than ever!
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This gets boring really fast

screenshot-20201028-215639_orig.png
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DTStormfox In my opinion Harbinger is a hard counter to Direct Damage AoEs. If you or your group are entirely specced into this category of skills you're at a dead-end against a Harbinger tank. In this way Harbinger enables "tanking" in PvP in a novel and interesting way. What do you think? Do you find its OP if you / your group have access to strong DOTs, and you're coming at those the tank protects with Single Target DD rather than spamming AoE DD against the whole group?

@Abhaya Have you used Doylemish before? It's not uncommon (in Xbox NA BGs) for it to have 0 procs over the course of a BG round, its timing is very finicky. We'll see how these new sets are but Doylemish alone shouldn't cause much anxiety. It's possible there's more consistent timing with landing this proc on PC than on Console, however. I've used it since 2018, and the diminution of its cooldown from 7 seconds to 4 seconds barely made a difference in its overall potency in BGs.

Edited by Urzigurumash on October 28, 2020 9:39PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DTStormfox In my opinion Harbinger is a hard counter to Direct Damage AoEs. If you or your group are entirely specced into this category of skills you're at a dead-end against a Harbinger tank. In this way Harbinger enables "tanking" in PvP in a novel and interesting way. What do you think? Do you find its OP if you / your group have access to strong DOTs, and you're coming at those the tank protects with Single Target DD rather than spamming AoE DD against the whole group?

@Abhaya Have you used Doylemish before? It's not uncommon (in Xbox NA BGs) for it to have 0 procs over the course of a BG round, its timing is very finicky. We'll see how these new sets are but Doylemish alone shouldn't cause much anxiety. It's possible there's more consistent timing with landing this proc on PC than on Console, however. I've used it since 2018, and the diminution of its cooldown from 7 seconds to 4 seconds barely made a difference in its overall potency in BGs.

It's getting a quasi nerf with markarth as well, both DW and 2h heavy attacks are going to take slightly longer to fully charge, giving your target more time to break free/cleanse/purge/roll dodge the root or stun.

I've always thought it looked interesting but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Not sure I'll bother if I can't get it together pre Markarth.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's a great set, I've ran it for years and had much fun with it, but Explosive Rebuke definitely sounds more reliable next patch. There's another (very old) Heavy Attack set that seems like it might go even better with Explosive Rebuke than Doylemish..
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it's a great set, I've ran it for years and had much fun with it, but Explosive Rebuke definitely sounds more reliable next patch. There's another (very old) Heavy Attack set that seems like it might go even better with Explosive Rebuke than Doylemish..

Noice so that might be a replacement for harbinger builds if harbinger sees any nerfs then huh?
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Noice so that might be a replacement for harbinger builds if harbinger sees any nerfs then huh?

Yeah Rebuke is definitely an option to complement or replace Harbinger, but that 10 second thing might be purgeable and might proc things like Necro's negative effect healing buff.

It definitely won't punish players the way Harbinger does. Again I think Harbinger is an interesting addition to PvP (now that it's not underpowered as it was for years) in how it forces DDs/Groups to adapt and not rely on a limited bag of tricks. Granted I'm a tankish type player - but I also do ~50% of my damage with Brawler, so it gets me good.

Edited by Urzigurumash on October 28, 2020 11:56PM
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was not my intent to bring up a discussion about specific item sets. Sure, Thews of the Harbinger serves a function. My point is that it gets really boring real quick to see your death recap mostly consisting out of item set damage. As some threads on the Forums already pointed out. The functionality of item sets has supplemented the use of active and passive abilities. I believe item sets should be complementary or additive to active and passive abilities, not supplementary.

Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah Rebuke is definitely an option to complement or replace Harbinger, but that 10 second thing might be purgeable and might proc things like Necro's negative effect healing buff.

It definitely won't punish players the way Harbinger does. Again I think Harbinger is an interesting addition to PvP (now that it's not underpowered as it was for years) in how it forces DDs/Groups to adapt and not rely on a limited bag of tricks. Granted I'm a tankish type player - but I also do ~50% of my damage with Brawler, so it gets me good.

But if it procs a debuff on us we can just spam purge and keep getting stam back.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you quit this game is the only time it will end.