The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

No bones thrown with memento

TineaCruris
TineaCruris
✭✭✭✭✭
When I use the "Throwing Bones" memento that I earned during the holiday event nothing happens except my toon kneels and moves her hand like she's shaking dice. No bones are animated and then the toon just stands there staring at nothing for a few seconds unable to do anything.

Can ZOS "throw us some bones" please. (pun intended) It would be nice if there would be some bones laying on the ground to look at with this memento, as the name would imply.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I seen some earlier with mine! It just had to be on a flat area. If you did that, I'm not sure what could be wrong, but I know when I tried it on a hill, I could see them 'fall' through the ground, but when I moved and tried it again with a bit flatter ground it showed up.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a really awesome Memento - not.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm... “bones” is a euphemism for “dice” - not ACTUAL bones.

S.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

S.

Granted, it is a spooky time of year and maybe ZOS should have used better wording for this one but what's new lol. Thank you for saying it before I did :D
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

S.

Some fortune tellers/soothsayers/seers do actually throw bones like dice.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

S.
    Except the Memento icon shows bones, not dice, and as was mentioned already, a LOT of soothsayers, fortune tellers, and so on actually did use bones and the like for telling the future. Plus I'm pretty sure the description of the items specifies bones as well and doesn't say anything about dice. It'd be a very misleading Memento name, icon, and description, given the time of the year, if it was supposed to actually be dice and not bones.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've had no trouble with this memento on PS4 NA. The toon kneels, shakes the bones in their hand, and they can be seen lying there on the ground after being thrown. An animation plays, where the toon seems shocked and enlightened, and then they stand up.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Kromwell63
    Kromwell63
    ✭✭
    When I use the "Throwing Bones" memento that I earned during the holiday event nothing happens except my toon kneels and moves her hand like she's shaking dice. No bones are animated and then the toon just stands there staring at nothing for a few seconds unable to do anything.

Can ZOS "throw us some bones" please. (pun intended) It would be nice if there would be some bones laying on the ground to look at with this memento, as the name would imply.

I have this problem on at least 2 characters, The memento works properly on several others tho, and I enjoy how it looks. Not tested it extensively yet, but the two it glitches on are both male High Elves.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, for those of you who are having issues with the memento can you let us know if your character has a personality equipped?
    Staff Post
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted about this the other day. As mentioned there, with or without personality makes no difference.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/550157/ps4-throwing-bones-memento-is-broken
    Edited by SpiderKnight on October 28, 2020 8:38PM
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed that on certain terrain the bones seem to fall beneath the ground level .. eg in Glenumbra near Farwatch wayshrine if I use the memento on the path or grass facing uphill, the bones don't show, however, if I do it on the flat paving of the wayshrine itself, I can see the bones on the stones and also when using the memento facing downhill.

PCNA, Dunmer using scholar personality.
    Edited by Maythor on October 28, 2020 8:42PM
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Rush once said "Roll the bones"
  • Khaleesi8688
    Khaleesi8688
    ✭✭✭✭

This just made me smile and turn this song on while I wait for a tow truck :)
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Definitely the best song to ever feature Geddy Lee rapping!
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are other songs featuring Geddy Lee rapping? :D
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a related (to the OP) topic, can someone tell me whether the item that can be bought from the Impressario is the momento itself or a single rune piece toward it?
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the complete memento. Just bought it today because I had nothing else to do with my tickets.

Edit: You also get the memento directly delivered into your collections. No runebox or such.
    Edited by Varana on October 29, 2020 7:35PM
  • TineaCruris
    TineaCruris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kromwell63 wrote: »

I have this problem on at least 2 characters, The memento works properly on several others tho, and I enjoy how it looks. Not tested it extensively yet, but the two it glitches on are both male High Elves.

Interesting. The memento appears to work fine on two of the three toons I tested it on. The one it doesn't work on is a male high elf. I don't run personalities. Guess I should have tested it on other toons before posting.
  • IWinWithPewPew
    IWinWithPewPew
    ✭✭✭
    This was the most dissapointing momento ever.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was the most dissapointing momento ever.

Jester's Scintillator would like to have a word with you.