The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Gripe about skill graphics.

washbern
washbern
✭✭✭✭
This is my opinion based on characters I played. Hopefully some of you will agree.

Biggest gripe of all is the sorc pets. These things look so dated. One is a frostbitten shaved monkey, the other a purple flying chicken that takes up half my screen sometimes. There is also a dinasaur... is it possible to make them cooler? I mean there are armors that summon way cooler things than these three eye sores!

Then there is wall of elements... Is it possible to make it look at least a little threatening?

What about DK animations? Fire breath looks like puff the magic dragon got punched in the throat mid belch. Claws and whip look like a red catwoman escaped from the 1960s batman cartoon.

Lastly the necro graveyard skill. Why? Since when did sudden appearance of tomb stones did anything? Can we please have spikes or something?

Thank you.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely agree 100% re the Sorc pets, these are among the most hideous sights in all of ESO and are in bad need of improvement and overhaul.

I have no issue with Wall of Elements, looks groovy to me. Nor DK animations, I actually like the firey breath. Ash cloud aoe is a bit underwhelming I guess.

Necro grave yard is among the most silly looking skills in the game, but it does fit the theme well I guess. They really missed a trick with it not being skeletal/zombie arms coming up from the earth, but I think this is used for one of the other effects?

Edited by Grianasteri on October 27, 2020 7:43PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree about the sorc pets and think they should have been elementals or something. Daedra-summoning should be an additional (and very illegal) skill line that can be gained, like Soul Magic.

In any case, it would be great to have some customization options for summoned pets. And on a related topic, I do wish that the nightblade summoned shadow was silent! Both because that would befit a shadow and because it is weird to me that the “shadow” of my female nightblades is male!

Also totally agree about necro skills! The tombstones coming out of the ground is so dumb and should have been skeletons emerging or something more elemental, anything really. Necro should have more skills calling both utilizing fallen foes and undead minions (like the NPCs) and fewer ugly transformations in my opinion.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree. It would be better if the pets were made ethereal, or semi-transparent so the tanks can see the target and maybe, just maybe, allow other players to interact with items such as chests or loot without blocking the path
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In any case, it would be great to have some customization options for summoned pets

Totally agree. I've commented to that effect a number of times I think over the years, in this regard the pets are just a hit box with a skin, so allowing players to choose a different skin would seem rather easy to implement. The issue of course will be the devs say its too taxing on the system and players hardware, blah blah blah.

But I think it could easily be a new menu option from an outfitting station, or a new Collections menu option. Either way pet skins and coloring customisation would hugely enhance the whole aesthetic/outfitting aspects of ESO, which as we know is massive for a lot of players.

Lasts point, Sorc pets should be drastically reduced in size, they are just too big and get in the way. I really really easy fix for this issue instead of reducing size, is to simply prevent any form of pet summoning by any class, within any city boundary (unless dueling), similar to how you are demounted and cant mount when entering some areas.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh you mean the "models"? Yeah I guess they could use an update with new textures and animations.