The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Zos are you ever gonna get rid of farm bots? (Xbox na)

• LoLiPoPW
    LoLiPoPW
    ✭✭
    So in the past week me and my boyfriend have been in betnikh every day to farm. Id say bots show up every 2 days. When they do we mass report them. I also put it in area chat to report them. It seems to be helping id say about a day after they show up they are gone after reporting them alot. So I can see that with the mass reporting method it seems to help. But they always come back a couple days later.

Definitely not a permanent solution but better than nothing. So if there is an area they are covered in mass report them. Get some people to help.

It's still very irritating that their pets allow them to keep farming while in combat. Why did even did that is beyond me. If your pet is in combat you should be too
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »
    Another idea is to change the way duals work. In order for you to turn off auto decline you must be level 50. So if you are below level 50 you must manually decline. If you Don't decline within 30 seconds it starts. That way we can kill any bot we see. ;)
    I hate bots, but hellllllll no. That would be beyond obnoxious, because there’d definitely be some trolls who’d spam duel invites to any random sub-50 who ran by.
    I think barring any sort of gathering while your pet is in combat might help. That way they can’t keep running and hoovering up nodes if they aggro something.

I am already really annoyed when some mob whizzes past my pet(s) to stop me harvesting a node just as I am almost done. They then usually retreat before I can even attack them.

Bots are annoying, but that solution would also aggravate the frustration!
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on November 3, 2020 6:59PM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet the bots would be banned immediately if more of them farmed and sold Chromium plating/grains since ZOS seems to think grinding=good game development.
  • LoLiPoPW
    LoLiPoPW
    ✭✭
    Another idea is to change the way duals work. In order for you to turn off auto decline you must be level 50. So if you are below level 50 you must manually decline. If you Don't decline within 30 seconds it starts. That way we can kill any bot we see. ;)
    I hate bots, but hellllllll no. That would be beyond obnoxious, because there’d definitely be some trolls who’d spam duel invites to any random sub-50 who ran by.
    I think barring any sort of gathering while your pet is in combat might help. That way they can’t keep running and hoovering up nodes if they aggro something.

I am already really annoyed when some mob whizzes past my pet(s) to stop me harvesting a node just as I am almost done. They then usually retreat before I can even attack them.

Bots are annoying, but that solution would also aggravate the frustration!

Honestly if your pet is in combat you shouldn't be able to pick up a node. If you don't have a pet and go into combat you have to fight said add then harvest.
  • LoLiPoPW
    LoLiPoPW
    ✭✭
    I bet the bots would be banned immediately if more of them farmed and sold Chromium plating/grains since ZOS seems to think grinding=good game development.

Honestly the grind isn't bad. I know alpt of players that just farm to make gold. They actually enjoy it. Eso is far better than most mmos in that aspect
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all know that if the bots were able to affect the crown store negatively we'd never see another one in the game.
  • LoLiPoPW
    LoLiPoPW
    ✭✭
    We all know that if the bots were able to affect the crown store negatively we'd never see another one in the game.

Sad but completely true. These bots blatantly break tos. But a freind of mine switched gold mats between accounts and got banned. Wheres the logic?
  • MissAethe
    MissAethe
    ✭✭✭
    I ran into the pack of Sorc and Familiar bots in Auridon earlier today, Shattered Grove where the bears and wolves are. I've started a couple of new toons, and of course it would be when I need to catch a bear for the related quest that I ran into the mass-pack bot running around.

Before I had an issue in Grahtwood during the performer's quest where you have to get mudcrab ingredients for the shalks, same exact type of bots that were killing all the mudcrabs (making it impossible to complete that quest due to the location demand).

I remember back when I first started the game, I thought it was some kind of copying skill because I didn't know all of the mechanics yet (plus people botting on Xbox is such a wild work-around I didn't even consider it). Now that I'm aware of them, trying to farm becomes a game of "find a place the bots aren't" or "cross your fingers they'll be gone when you log in".

Frustrating!
    Xbox NA 10am-2am EST/EDT - Find me In-Game @MissAethe
    Guildmaster - Nox Tyrannis - A Late Night 21+ PVE/Social Guild

Dragonknight Spite Healer Extraordinaire
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Curious, are the bots always pet sorcs?

Maybe changing overland pet behaviors would be enough to discourage lowbie node bot farmers. (EDIT: At least partly, they'll always find ways around it.) Maybe the pet stops self-defense after the player inputs no combat commands for long enough.
    Edited by Fennwitty on November 24, 2020 6:42PM
    PC NA
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »

Maybe changing overland pet behaviors would be enough to discourage lowbie node bot farmers. (EDIT: At least partly, they'll always find ways around it.) Maybe the pet stops self-defense after the player inputs no combat commands for long enough.

All of the bots that I've seen over the years have always been pet sorcs. The botters also program the characters to cast lightning form at specific intervals. The pets aren't even really needed to kill anything. Lightning form, being used by 5-10 bots, will just passively kill things.

One of the only real solutions would be to remove the ability to get gold mats from level 1 tier scraps/hides. That way, the botters would actually have to waste time leveling characters high enough to harvest.

As it stands now, the accounts are disposable, and usually just have characters that are level 5 or so. So, if they get banned, it's not like they're losing a lot of time or effort into the accounts. They'll just make more.
  • LoLiPoPW
    LoLiPoPW
    ✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »

All of the bots that I've seen over the years have always been pet sorcs. The botters also program the characters to cast lightning form at specific intervals. The pets aren't even really needed to kill anything. Lightning form, being used by 5-10 bots, will just passively kill things.

One of the only real solutions would be to remove the ability to get gold mats from level 1 tier scraps/hides. That way, the botters would actually have to waste time leveling characters high enough to harvest.

As it stands now, the accounts are disposable, and usually just have characters that are level 5 or so. So, if they get banned, it's not like they're losing a lot of time or effort into the accounts. They'll just make more.

I agree. Only let purple and gold matts drop from cp150 matts and bots wpuld be gone. Most will not take the time to level that many toons crafting. Or make it a passive at lvl50 crafting (wood clothing ect) so many simple fixes yet zos does nothing
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭

I agree. I am not a bot, but I am ABSOLUTELY NOT INTERESTED in dueling someone I dont know, so I have auto decline on from the get go. When I first started at seriously newbie level 8 a person wanted to duel me, and I didnt know enough that a level 10 could have advantages coming from their other characters. They slaughtered me. Then followed me for half an hour making fun of how bad I was on area voice and chat. That kind of crap I dont need or want in my game.
    Ra'avi Ahjonihr Khajit Stamblade, Level 1500Master ThiefCrafter and ExplorerHero of the Dominion, Pact, and CovenantMember of the DragonguardFriend to Razum-darFavored of Azura
    'It does not matter to M'aiq how strong or smart one is. It only matters what one can do.' -M'aiq the Liar
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭
    LoLiPoPW wrote: »
    So in the past week me and my boyfriend have been in betnikh every day to farm. Id say bots show up every 2 days. When they do we mass report them. I also put it in area chat to report them. It seems to be helping id say about a day after they show up they are gone after reporting them alot. So I can see that with the mass reporting method it seems to help. But they always come back a couple days later.

Definitely not a permanent solution but better than nothing. So if there is an area they are covered in mass report them. Get some people to help.

It's still very irritating that their pets allow them to keep farming while in combat. Why did even did that is beyond me. If your pet is in combat you should be too

I thought pets were Non Combat? That only familiars, associated with Wardens, and some summoned shades, etc could fight alongside you?
    Ra'avi Ahjonihr Khajit Stamblade, Level 1500Master ThiefCrafter and ExplorerHero of the Dominion, Pact, and CovenantMember of the DragonguardFriend to Razum-darFavored of Azura
    'It does not matter to M'aiq how strong or smart one is. It only matters what one can do.' -M'aiq the Liar
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoLiPoPW wrote: »

I thought pets were Non Combat? That only familiars, associated with Wardens, and some summoned shades, etc could fight alongside you?

Sorcerer's Daedric Summoning skill line has two skills with a total of three different daedric creatures that are summoned as familiars that most of the game base refer to as "pets." They work similarly to the Warden bear as that as long as you have the skill double-barred they will persist until killed or unsummoned. Couple this with the changes ZOS made about a year ago to how pets take damage, and even a level 4 sorc's pet(s) is invincible in 99% of overland combat.

Nightblades have their temporary shades, and Necromancers have something (to be honest I have never played a necromancer so I don't know how their familiar skills work). Sorcerers have been around since base game day one and the daedric pets have been a huge part of their identity the entire time (for better or worse).

Edit to add: All the pets sold in the crown store, acquirable through crown crates or DLC packages such as cats, dogs, wolf pups, etc. are non-combat and serve virtually no purpose other than vanity - however there have been two pets added that increase all your characters' inventory by 5 slots each whether they are equipped or not. When you see someone refer to pets in a combat sense, they're most likely talking about a sorc's daedric familiars or possibly a warden's bear.
    Edited by Feric51 on December 7, 2020 2:58PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LoLiPoPW I play on Xbox NA and I found a group of about 20 bot sorcerers that were farming mud crabs. The bot problem is getting to be a major issue but Zos won’t do anything about it. I have sent multiple tickets but still nothing. I don’t think they will ever do anything about it, people have been complaining about it and they seem to be only removed from the PC version.

That's a mixed blessing tbh. They cracked down on bots which is good but that has made the price of upgrading mats fly through the roof. It's still climbing rapidly. Tempers and wax are over 10k each now. Chromium plantings are 180k. It's getting absolutely ridiculous
  • Slyclone
    Slyclone
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a seller's market.
    That's it, that's all.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eedat wrote: »
    @LoLiPoPW I play on Xbox NA and I found a group of about 20 bot sorcerers that were farming mud crabs. The bot problem is getting to be a major issue but Zos won’t do anything about it. I have sent multiple tickets but still nothing. I don’t think they will ever do anything about it, people have been complaining about it and they seem to be only removed from the PC version.

That's a mixed blessing tbh. They cracked down on bots which is good but that has made the price of upgrading mats fly through the roof. It's still climbing rapidly. Tempers and wax are over 10k each now. Chromium plantings are 180k. It's getting absolutely ridiculous

Right now, wax has dropped to sub 5k on XB NA. Just my one guild trader has half a page of listings that are sub 5k (the other half of the full page are 5-5.5k, and just sitting for weeks). Alloy has remained around 7-8k with rosin 8-8.5k. And there's usually only a half-page or less of listings for those two. There's just too much wax on the market on XB NA. I've stopped selling it for now, as I'd have to price it around 4.5k or less in order to sell it.

Conversely, as you say, gold mats are crazy on PC right now. I sold both wax and alloy for 12k each, with rosin climbing a bit to 5-5.5k.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 3, 2021 10:02PM