Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Recommendations for second floor in a round home?

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Platforms, of course, can work well in rectangular homes and I’ve used the large limestone slab for a second floor in Snugpod, but I don’t think either of these would work in the Exorcised Coven Cottage. I would think that a semi-circle of appropriate size would be ideal — I wouldn’t want more than minimal projection outside the building. I’m trying to think if I could put something together from Murkmire platforms and awnings — the style seems appropriate but perhaps too small to cobble together well. I have been frequently amazed by the creative use of furnishings I’ve seen on the forum so thought I’d ask in case there was a good option I hadn’t considered. :)

Best Answers

• airie
    airie
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Araneae6537 i am testing @ exorcised coven cottage
    could perhaps consider using a clockwork calibration guide for a rounded platform?
    it can be fully contained inside the house & still gives you sufficient space on one side for a rounded staircase ♡
    Edited by airie on October 25, 2020 9:04PM
    discord | atelier airie @ https://discord.com/invite/nAuEC9m
    twitch | airiesummer @ https://www.twitch.tv/airiesummer
    eso university | http://eso-u.com/
    stream teams | eso official stream team | quakecon 2021 official stream team | hardmode | heartsupport | constellations
    Answer ✓
  • AoEnwyr
    AoEnwyr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Humblemud is a similar size internally so here is a pic of what I've done using a Murkmire platform to create a second sleeping/storage area. I'd probably go for a loft style second floor rather than full coverage as there isn't a great deal of space in the cottage.

Although a bigger area, I've also included a pic of the alchemy nook I created in as a second floor in the Clockwork Observatory Prior by creating a floor and ramp out of copper plating. Good luck!

flidmxobg49d.png
    z2oe8mzwelpy.png
    Answer ✓
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tested the height you can go first? It has a very low invisible ceiling. Maybe a floating iceberg. They are roundish.
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    Have you tested the height you can go first? It has a very low invisible ceiling. Maybe a floating iceberg. They are roundish.

Inside the cottage has a very low invisible ceiling. You can get objects up into the 'dome' with the housing editor, but you can't interact with them afterward... I have some lights up there in my cottage, but they can't be turned on and off. And I don't think you can enter the area outside of the housing editor (i.e., by building steps).
    Edited by theskymoves on October 25, 2020 9:29PM
  • airie
    airie
    ✭✭✭✭
    i am going to pm you the ss from test ♡
    Edited by airie on October 25, 2020 10:05PM
    discord | atelier airie @ https://discord.com/invite/nAuEC9m
    twitch | airiesummer @ https://www.twitch.tv/airiesummer
    eso university | http://eso-u.com/
    stream teams | eso official stream team | quakecon 2021 official stream team | hardmode | heartsupport | constellations
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    Inside the cottage has a very low invisible ceiling. You can get objects up into the 'dome' with the housing editor, but you can't interact with them afterward... I have some lights up there in my cottage, but they can't be turned on and off. And I don't think you can enter the area outside of the housing editor (i.e., by building steps).

Thank you for reminding me to test this before purchasing anything to use for a second floor! To test, I placed an Elsweyr platform just over the stone wall portion, where I would want to place a second floor. I was able to go up to it and walk around without difficulty; I placed books and lights and verified that I am still able to access them outside of decorating mode. But it is good to know what and where the limitations are and definitely best to check before spending gold or Crowns!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    airie wrote: »
    @Araneae6537 i am testing @ exorcised coven cottage
    could perhaps consider using a clockwork calibration guide for a rounded platform?
    it can be fully contained inside the house & still gives you sufficient space on one side for a rounded staircase ♡

Thank you so much for your suggestion and message! :blush: That definitely is a furnishing I hd not considered (indeed, had forgotten existed) but it looks like it will fit nicely and I think the glowing lights of the Mage I think I can fit into my general plan as well! 😁
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AoEnwyr wrote: »
    Humblemud is a similar size internally so here is a pic of what I've done using a Murkmire platform to create a second sleeping/storage area. I'd probably go for a loft style second floor rather than full coverage as there isn't a great deal of space in the cottage.

Although a bigger area, I've also included a pic of the alchemy nook I created in as a second floor in the Clockwork Observatory Prior by creating a floor and ramp out of copper plating. Good luck!

flidmxobg49d.png
    z2oe8mzwelpy.png

Thank you for sharing your screenshots! :smiley: I like your choice in furnishings and it was quite helpful to see the Murkmire platform in a home of similar size to the cottage! Somehow I had gotten the impression that the platform was smaller, but I think it suits quite well for what I wanted, keeps to the rustic look, and provides lots of poles on which to hang drying herbs and other things! :wink: