Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magcro or magsorc? End game PVE

Pajor
Pajor
✭✭✭✭
In your opinion which class is better for end game content as a dps?
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been trying to make this decision for me recently too. I main a mag sorc and got a bit bored of it so started pondering. I think right now macro does slightly better dps, if everything is executed perfectly. That said I think magcro is almost impossible to have a flawless rotation on especially in harder content. Tethers miss sometimes or just refuse to go off. Blastbones decides when it will explode and is a tad inconsistent.

That said, sorc has better solo survival, better and more dependable rotation but a little less group utility.

If you want a hard to play glitch class with marginally better dps go necro. Also might want to go necro if you plan on doing healing or tanking. Its a bit better at that too.
    Otherwise go sorc.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magcro:
    + major vulnerability group buff (more desired in prog groups cause of it)
    + More aoe damage
    - clunky skills (blast ones+Tether)
    Sorc:
    + More fun, because frags are fun.
    + minor prophecy to group
    + Slightly better single target damage if your group already have enough necros
    - pets
    - No bar space
    - no AoE damage
    - hunting curse/daedric prey is bugged in PTS

From my experience, I might be wrong
    Edited by zvavi on October 26, 2020 6:49PM
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trials will always want multiple necros for the major vuln, whereas sorcerers you only really need one to run minor prophecy.

So necro will probably be more in demand for end game trials.

Necro also has the option to do a catalyst/MA setup to help the group.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Magcro:
    + major vulnerability group buff (more desired in prog groups cause of it)
    + More aoe damage
    - clunky skills (blast ones+Tether)
    Sorc:
    + More fun, because frags are fun.
    + minor prophecy to group
    + Slightly better single target damage if your group already have enough necros
    - pets
    - No bar space
    - no AoE damage
    - hunting curse/daedric prey is bugged in PTS

From my experience, I might be wrong

That sums up my experience with the classes. Full disclosure, I have yet to level up a magcro to 50, but that's because I loose interest in them after a time. Not that it wasn't fun, but that the fun didn't last long. Magsorc on the other had is a blast to play with. The skills feel great to cast and the class feels like it has power behind it. Don't think you can go wrong with either as both bring something to the group, but one class certainly feels better.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magsorc is easier to play and has more variations with no pet/1 pet/2 pet setups, as well as a variety of gear. Shields make them more survivable to put less stress on healers. Got to be alive to DPS, right?

A third option is magblades. They're great again. Been having a lot of fun with mine since the last patch
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prog group that I am currently with has too many sorcs. It’s the easier class to hit those high DPS numbers but I recommend branching out and giving the magcro a look. I’m looking at it myself right now and also looking at magblade.

Currently in the prog group I am 1 of 2 DK but because I am better at staying alive and have the higher DPS of the 2 I am the one providing igneous weapons to the group and also giving my fellow melee types igneous shield. We have a sorc and Necro tank so it’s on me to give the DK buffs.

The raid leader went magcro just this week to drop our sorc count a bit and we are trying to get one more to learn magplar because we are short in that department as well. I’m the magplar backup but can’t really drop the DK and switch. I’m trying to teach another DK so I can go magcro or magblade.

Anyway learn them all to be honest so you can bring multiple skills to the table and fit into any raid comps that are out there. You’ll be glad you did.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magcro would he the better choice. You can have a sorc tank or healer providing the unique buff.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    The difference between Sorc and Necro is only going to really matter if you're 1.) in a progression oriented guild and 2.) in a progression oriented trial. If this is you, that's fine and you may want to consider one class over the other. But if you're in a typical guild or doing trials out of craglorn, you'd be better served choosing the class that you enjoy playing as opposed to whichever one is capable of doing 5% more damage.

It's also worth noting that a lot of people are convinced stamina is the way to go moving forward for progression. So it may all be for nothing if that's the case.

Overall I think you should just choose the class you have more fun with and so long as you're in a guild that's putting fun and community ahead of progression you're not going to care that your class is capable of doing a little more damage. Especially if you're not pushing the extreme potential to begin with.