Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Rope in the Antiquarian’s Alpine Gallery House - Can we make this ONE segment movable?

guarstompemoji
guarstompemoji
✭✭✭✭
Would it be possible to make this ONE section of rope movable? Doing so would:
* Enable a more natural and pleasant traffic flow through the porch area
* Enable greater and more creative building options near the back door
* Enable two natural entrances and exits within the porch
* Make the porch feel even more open and expansive
* Enable creating a proper "back porch" area to go along with the side porch

Thank you.

EDIT: To be clear, this refers to ONLY the centrally pictured segment of rope. It really is just this small piece that would create such a huge impact!

1d1cky6fx5z3.png
Edited by guarstompemoji on October 20, 2020 7:09AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I second this suggestion.

I plan to leave the house as a gallery but I still think the rope guardrail is a visual distraction.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only pain point there'd be with that is the ropes would then take up one, if not multiple, furnishing slots. On another note, if we were to go this route, it'd also be nice to move/remove the stone platforms and connecting walls.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • guarstompemoji
    guarstompemoji
    ✭✭✭✭
    The rest of the rope could be left as-is. It is really just the one section of rope that I have encountered the most frowns and wistful looks over! The reaction has been universal across the guilds, and friendships, that I am part of.

And haha, I get you. I wouldn't want to raise the count, either. Fortunately, the numbers could be kept down by making it the one section only, which is a nice compromise between item count and flexibility of space.
    Edited by guarstompemoji on October 19, 2020 1:37PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had exactly the same thought when I first looked around this house.

Where I can I like to have multiple ways to move through a house - for example I built a second staircase to the upper level of Mournoth Keep on the left side (as you come in) so you can go either way around.

I'd love to be able to remove this rope and put steps up from by the backdoor to the porch but sadly there's no way to do that. It's not even possible to jump over the rope because of the roof so it completely cuts off what would otherwise be an obvious place to have a walkway.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    beagles wrote: »
    The rest of the rope could be left as-is. It is really just the one section of rope that I have encountered the most frowns and wistful looks over! The reaction has been universal across the guilds, and friendships, that I am part of.

And haha, I get you. I wouldn't want to raise the count, either. Fortunately, the numbers could be kept down by making it the one section only, which is a nice compromise between item count and flexibility of space.

I have 599 out of 600. That last slot is for something very particular. That rope would take it. Of course I still vote for you all to be able to move it, I'll just have to figure what to remove.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also the rail up stairs. I hate that upstairs part with the hole in the floor. That entire section should be one large room, or give us a removable floor and rail furniture.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why does this rope exist at all? It's not for safety, and honestly, it's in the way of most uses of this space.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 599 out of 600. That last slot is for something very particular. That rope would take it. Of course I still vote for you all to be able to move it, I'll just have to figure what to remove.

Would it mess up the design for you if the rope was simply removed? Or turned into a furnishing and then you removed it to place the item you want?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

Would it mess up the design for you if the rope was simply removed? Or turned into a furnishing and then you removed it to place the item you want?
    Yes, but I'd get over it. As I said, I still vote for you all to be able to move/remove the rope.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed — the rope is far too restrictive.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like the rope because it looks out of place. It makes me think I should put my NPC there to stamp hands as people enter. But I especially don't like how it prevents you from having easy access to side door, and the large yard and lake. Instead of just stepping down you have to backtrack and go around. What is its purpose?
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't like the rope because it looks out of place. It makes me think I should put my NPC there to stamp hands as people enter. But I especially don't like how it prevents you from having easy access to side door, and the large yard and lake. Instead of just stepping down you have to backtrack and go around. What is its purpose?

I guess if the house is used as a gallery you would want (theoretically) visitor traffic to flow a certain way, so the rope would be like those velvet cordons in museums to keep people out of certain areas.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just here wondering why the rope doesn't gently swing back and forth :D
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess if the house is used as a gallery you would want (theoretically) visitor traffic to flow a certain way, so the rope would be like those velvet cordons in museums to keep people out of certain areas.

Velvet cordons would look a lot nicer than a plain old rope just wrapped around the posts. I'm going to cover them up with hedges or flowers or short walls. It won't make it any easier to get out of that area, but it will look better.
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Velvet cordons would look a lot nicer than a plain old rope just wrapped around the posts. I'm going to cover them up with hedges or flowers or short walls. It won't make it any easier to get out of that area, but it will look better.

Yeah but everything in Western Skyrim is “rustic”, like the rope used to keep your pants from falling down instead of a belt, lol!
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah but everything in Western Skyrim is “rustic”, like the rope used to keep your pants from falling down instead of a belt, lol!

That's why neither of my Western Skyrim houses are decorated in Solitude or Nord styles. Way too rustic for my taste.

I used a lot of Alinor in Proudspire Manor, and am using a lot of Redguard in this house.

PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's why neither of my Western Skyrim houses are decorated in Solitude or Nord styles. Way too rustic for my taste.

I used a lot of Alinor in Proudspire Manor, and am using a lot of Redguard in this house.

My gallery house is just a gallery for now, no other furnishings so far. Too busy with other houses now.

I do like the simple Solitude furnishings because they can really be used anywhere, especially with custom builds I imagine. It has almost a lack of style that makes it more versatile.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My gallery house is just a gallery for now, no other furnishings so far. Too busy with other houses now.

Mine will have a lot of displays on the platforms outside, but inside it will be a lodge. I'm still working on 3 other houses, too, but have their basic layouts established. It just takes me a long time to really flesh them out with a lot of detail, mostly because of the cost of the items, or the mats to craft them.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 24, 2020 6:30AM
    PCNA
  • Ayalockheart
    Ayalockheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish the role could be removed too. That's definitely the most questionable design choice of the Alpine house. ._.
    PC-EU @ayalockheart Open House List
    • Hall of Lunar Champion - Crystal Palace
    • Moon Sugar Meadow - Nordic Cabin ( Hytta )
    • Sleek Creek - Ivory Oasis
    • Earthtear Cavern - Welkynd Ruins
    • Dawnshadow - Château Blanc
    • The Gorinir Estate - Homestead
    • Thieve's Oasis - (WIP - on hold)
    • Black Vine Villa - TSS Rumare
    • Pariah Pinnacle - Frostguard Fortress
    • Forgemaster Falls - Fogimasuta Ryokan
    • Alinor Crest House - Halloween Party House ~ Will be open on 31/10/23
    • Cyrodilic Jungle House - Golden Mug Caffe
    • Stay Moist Mansion - Emberfall
    • Hunter's Glade - Lost Cult
    • Coldharbour Surreal State - The Pridwen
    • Velothi Reverie - The Perl among corals
    • Exorcised Coven Cottage - The Ground's Keeper Hut
    • Ravenhurst - The Drowsy Stag
    • Captain Margaux- Hallix's Elixirs
    • Flaming Nix - Hare Pines Cottage
    • Stillwaters Retreat - Hogsmeade
    • Panterfang Chapel - Seacrest Fort
    • Domus Phrasticus - Mielikki
    • Hammerdeath Bungalow - The Cottage
    • Mornouth Keep - Ivybury Estate
    • Serenity Falls - [WIP ]
    Comissions done
    Housing Guilds: Ars Gratia
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree! I was just about to come request that the section of rope be removed. The stone on the other side would be a great stairway down, right next to the back door.

PLEASE ZOS
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »
    I agree! I was just about to come request that the section of rope be removed. The stone on the other side would be a great stairway down, right next to the back door.

PLEASE ZOS

Hopefully not removed but removable. I quite like it where it is.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PLEASE ZOS

I mean sure, either or. But if they make that a furnishing, it will change the look because of how its wrapped around the posts, then it would also add 8 slots being taken up.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PLEASE ZOS

I mean sure, either or. But if they make that a furnishing, it will change the look because of how its wrapped around the posts, then it would also add 8 slots being taken up.

In that case I hope they keep as is.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PLEASE ZOS

How would this add 8 slots? If they only remove, or make one piece movable, and leave the rest as is, that will only add 1 slot.
    PCNA
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PLEASE ZOS

How would this add 8 slots? If they only remove, or make one piece movable, and leave the rest as is, that will only add 1 slot.

Because if youre going to make one section removable, then youre going to have a crowd of people wanting them all to be removeable. If its removeable, that means its a furnishing in the system - which the other ropes will have to act as one. There are 8 ropes theres. I myself would vote that they just delete the one rope.

For the thread itself, I just wanted to add on here that solitude stairs fit perfectly here. C'mon Zos!
    126864100_10164649821605442_5709563024005311706_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=IMkc-qULekYAX8WD09o&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.xx&oh=1bca0f4b24ddaa907a0c722a69d88291&oe=5FDE94D6
    Edited by Lord_Wrath on November 20, 2020 2:05PM
  • Auntee
    Auntee
    ✭✭
    Agree, remove it plz.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because if youre going to make one section removable, then youre going to have a crowd of people wanting them all to be removeable. If its removeable, that means its a furnishing in the system - which the other ropes will have to act as one. There are 8 ropes theres. I myself would vote that they just delete the one rope.

Don't make it movable then, just delete the whole thing. None of the other outdoor platforms are roped off, so why this one? But at the very least they could delete the one section by the back door. This would give us better access to the yard and door and would make more sense.
    PCNA
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the thread itself, I just wanted to add on here that solitude stairs fit perfectly here. C'mon Zos!
    126864100_10164649821605442_5709563024005311706_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=IMkc-qULekYAX8WD09o&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.xx&oh=1bca0f4b24ddaa907a0c722a69d88291&oe=5FDE94D6

That makes it even more frustrating! Look at that - its so perfect it looks like it's part of the house, and it would be an ideal path...except for the one tiny bit of rope.

• Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't make it movable then, just delete the whole thing. None of the other outdoor platforms are roped off, so why this one? But at the very least they could delete the one section by the back door. This would give us better access to the yard and door and would make more sense.

I mean sure, whatever works. You asked, I answered lol.
  • andreanub18_ESO
    YES! Get rid of that rope! It really limits what you can do with this "room."