The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Unlock Spooky Rewards during the Witches Festival Event"

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    phwaap wrote: »
    " When you open a Grab Bag, it will only ever contain items you don’t already own or know"

6 tickets, 2 grab bags with skeletal marionette parts. Already have the memento and 6 parts from last year in one of my coffers. A waste of tickets.

See, stuff like this is going to make it difficult to get Hollowjack pages to complete the main achievement of this event on one character, let alone practically impossible to do on multiple characters. The was the primary joy I got out of repeating these events year after year, was earning the title on alts. They never should have taken Hollowjack pages out of the plunder skulls. @ZOS_GinaBruno , tell them to put my joy back into this event.

From what I’ve seen in guides, you can still get the Hollowjack style motif pages from plunder skulls.

Edit: From what I’ve read further, it seems I was mistaken, sorry. :frowning: They really should have still been random drops — usually such things are available from the Impressario as an alternative way to complete a collection, like the style pages.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 24, 2020 2:43PM
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen a single Hollowjack motif page drop. I've seen many, many Dremora motif pages.

I am doing this event on multiple accounts, and on multiple characters. This is a pretty wide sample size. I haven't talked to anyone who has said they've gotten a Hollowjack page as a drop from Plunder Skulls, only from the grab bags.
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    I love the Grab Bag Idea, but doing the math it looks like it could take so many tickets to get everything.

28 tickets - Hollowjack Motif pages (14 pages)
    20 tickets - Skeletal Marionette parts (10 to make the memento, an in-game per character achievement, not account wide.
    14 tickets - Apple-Bobbing Cauldron (7 fragments)
    8 tickets - Spectre Mask Collection (4 masks)

"Sun's Dusk Reaper" title requires a complete Hollowjack motif set. I think the title is also required for purchasing in-game the Exorcised Coven Cottage.

Trying to get the title on an alt character could take up to 48 tickets, 28 for the Hollowjack motif pages, but because the Skeletal Marionette parts (10 parts = 20 tickets) could come before the last motif page, could make it take 48 tickets. The Skeletal Marionette memento is a per character, not account wide, in-game achievement, thus making it drop from grab bags for every alt character. That is for just one alt character to get the Sun's Dusk Reaper title. If you have many....?

A new player would need 70 tickets to get everything from the grab bag and that doesn't leave a lot of room for Crimson Indrik berries or feathers. And the max tickets this event is 39.

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the Grab Bag Idea, but doing the math it looks like it could take so many tickets to get everything.

20 tickets - Skeletal Marionette parts (10 to make the memento, an in-game per character achievement, not account wide.

"Sun's Dusk Reaper" title requires a complete Hollowjack motif set. I think the title is also required for purchasing in-game the Exorcised Coven Cottage.

Trying to get the title on an alt character could take up to 48 tickets, 28 for the Hollowjack motif pages, but because the Skeletal Marionette parts (10 parts = 20 tickets) could come before the last motif page, could make it take 48 tickets. The Skeletal Marionette memento is a per character, not account wide, in-game achievement, thus making it drop from grab bags for every alt character. That is for just one alt character to get the Sun's Dusk Reaper title. If you have many....?

A new player would need 70 tickets to get everything from the grab bag and that doesn't leave a lot of room for Crimson Indrik berries or feathers. And the max tickets this event is 39.

Momentos are account-wide — of that I’m certain! If you’re not far behind on collecting the feathers and berries, those could be acquired in a future event if one wanted to focus on collecting the Hollowjack motif on each character. Personally, I only collect motifs (beyond the basic dozen or so) on my main who is also my crafter.
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭

Momentos are account-wide — of that I’m certain! If you’re not far behind on collecting the feathers and berries, those could be acquired in a future event if one wanted to focus on collecting the Hollowjack motif on each character. Personally, I only collect motifs (beyond the basic dozen or so) on my main who is also my crafter.

Mementos are account wide, however the holiday combine x amount in-game achievements are per character. If I consume skeletal marionette parts (10 of them) on my main character, I do get the memento, but on my alt characters that in-game achievement is not filled out for any of my alts.

In the New Life Festival the Crystalfrost skin was obtained by doing 12 new life charity writs, and it was the same situation, my main gained it and got the skin for all my characters, however again the in-game achievement was not given to all. I actually re-did it on another character to see what would happen (see if I got a rune box to sell), but it did nothing, except fill out that in-game achievement.

That was one of my points, you have unfinished in-game achievements on all your alts even though you already have the memento. I wish ZOS would fix that for us. But back to the grab bags, on an alt character with the marionette parts are still going to drop as you try to get the Hollowjack motif for an alt. The Apple-Bobbing Cauldron and Spectre Mask are account wide and will not drop if you already know on your main, but the Skeletal Marionette parts still show up, because the in-game per character achievement is still in the loot pool for that character to complete.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    " When you open a Grab Bag, it will only ever contain items you don’t already own or know"

6 tickets, 2 grab bags with skeletal marionette parts. Already have the memento and 6 parts from last year in one of my coffers. A waste of tickets.

Does the character you are opening the Bare Bones Puppet achievement? This achievement requires the character to combine 10 skeletal marionette fragments...
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix wrote: »

Does the character you are opening the Bare Bones Puppet achievement? This achievement requires the character to combine 10 skeletal marionette fragments...

The only character that has this achievement is my main, and they already know everything thing else, so they can't even buy a grab bag. If you pull more than 5 bone parts, there's not enough tickets in the event to get the full motif, for those working on the title for an alt or a new player.
    Edited by driosketch on October 26, 2020 3:47PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will probably be an unpopular opinion, but to me it seems a bit much to complain of it being too expensive to be able to complete collections or achievements on multiple characters during the course of a single instance of the event. New players should be able to able to complete them on their main. Those who played last year (or in a guild with others who did) probably have completed collections on every character on which they desired to do so considering how many dropped and were given away.
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    This suggestion to ZOS does not help new players, but people trying to earn titles on alt characters. That if your main already combined 10 Skeletal Marionette parts and you received the memento, using that memento on an alt character should fill in the in-game requirement for that alt character thus eliminating the chance of skeletal marionette parts dropping from the grab bag.

This kind of situation is already in the game for other in-game achievements, like having 50 dining room furnishings in your house. When you bring your alt to that house, it unlocks that in-game achievement for them, even though they did not make or place the furnishings.

Why then can we not have it work for these holiday in-game combine x amount for mementos? Our main did do the work, all our characters can use that memento now, so why do we have to gather an additional 170 (if 18 characters) skeletal marionette parts, when we already received it after the first 10.

This would at the very least make it so that your alt characters had a chance to truly get what they were missing out of the grab bags. Or if you are going to make us combine x amount on each character then give us a runebox to sell to for our efforts of collecting and combining these on an alt character, instead of nothing but filling in that missing in-game achievement as it is now.

I think this could really help the whole grab bag situation, especially if they are going to do this for other holiday events.