The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Please add a "New" Crown Store Page for expired items

PvXGamer
PvXGamer
✭✭✭
Consider adding an 'outdated item' crown store page that lists those past items that were only available for a limited time but randomize the handful of items available. Make it similar to 'The Golden' vendor and only repopulate the page on weekends. This could also be done with older crown crates and/or specific items from the crates. There could be two sections, one for gem purchases and another for crown purchases. This scenario would encourage purchases of older content by both current and newer players due to both the limited time availability and random nature of the listings.

EDIT: Changed the title.
Edited by PvXGamer on November 2, 2020 4:08PM
  • Lauranae
    Lauranae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree!! there is so much old items i would love to have on my newer account!
    My most recent characters
    AD - Chjara NB
    -
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's quite a interesting idea.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make it so
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this sounds like a good idea.
  • PvXGamer
    PvXGamer
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to flesh out the idea some...

One way this could be implemented is make three lists of items. One list for gem purchases, another for crown purchases. There could be a third separate list for the big ticket items. Items like the Infernium Dwarven Spider (600gems) and possibly even radiant apex mounts with corresponding eye-watering gem costs. Fully randomize each list with 5-10 items on the gem/crowns listing and 1-2 big ticket items each weekend. Maybe give thought to providing a full list somewhere of everything that has a possibility of showing up for players to drool over.

With regard to the radiant apex mounts. Players would still need to purchase crates to get said gems in order to make the purchase.
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I Approve.
  • PvXGamer
    PvXGamer
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually surprised there are so few on board for something like this.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The store really needs to get updated more often. I'm a bit tired of a static store where only one or two things come in for three days and then are not seen again for years.

To the marketing team - this means I'm not looking through the store at all. The new stuff shows up on the front page, so I don't feel the need to flip through and spend more crowns on anything else since nothing's ever new.

We can even consider things like the hairstyles tab (I'm still begging that they'll put up Short Mussed Wave). That section of the store hasn't gotten anything new since Adorable Assassin popped in right before I started playing over a year ago. The only change was that The Standing Wave just disappeared without mention around February. Since then, nothing... and there are quite a few hairstyles that have been available before and are now not (e.g. The Heroic Poet), in addition to styles like Short Mussed Wave and Unruly Bangs that have been datamined (and on PTS!) but never made the jump.

But yeah, how many people have started (and stopped!) playing in the last two years? And many of them have never been able to access some things.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The store really needs to get updated more often. I'm a bit tired of a static store where only one or two things come in for three days and then are not seen again for years.

The new stuff shows up on the front page, so I don't feel the need to flip through and spend more crowns on anything else since nothing's ever new.

We've been through this before in a number of other forums threads, @tomofhyrule ... the Art Team can only output 'X' Crown Store items in 'Y' period of time.

Which also includes a quarterly update for Crown Crates, new assets for DLC releases, and base game upgrades.

I'm guessing you may not be interested in leading the discussion with ZOS HR in doubling or tripling the Art Team staff (when they are all still working from home) to increase the turnover in the Crown Store?

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 25, 2020 12:05AM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The new stuff shows up on the front page, so I don't feel the need to flip through and spend more crowns on anything else since nothing's ever new.

We've been through this before in a number of other forums threads, ... the Art Team can only output 'X' Crown Store items in 'Y' period of time.

Which also includes a quarterly update for Crown Crates, new assets for DLC releases, and base game upgrades.

I'm guessing you may not be interested in leading the discussion with ZOS HR in doubling or tripling the Art Team staff (when they are all still working from home) to increase the turnover in the Crown Store?

???

I don't remember asking for the art team to drop everything and make brand new stuff. Everything that I mentioned by name is something that already exists in game, just some people don't have it since it has been out of the store since 2017.

Unless you're implying that the recent return of the Toxin Doctor costume required the art team to redesign it from scratch? Or that they had to remake every item in the Hollowjack crates so they could put it out again right now?

All I'm saying is that new (as in, 'not in the store now') stuff gets featured on the front page of the crown store. Like the Hollowjack crates. They may not be a new thing since they existed back in 2017, but they're 'new' to the store since they're not usually there.

And I'd like them to rotate things more often. They have the things made, so why not put them in the store more than three days every three years? I can't imagine that those hairstyles I mentioned are making much money by gathering dust on a virtual shelf.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We've been through this before in a number of other forums threads, ... the Art Team can only output 'X' Crown Store items in 'Y' period of time.

???

I don't remember asking for the art team to drop everything and make brand new stuff. Everything that I mentioned by name is something that already exists in game, just some people don't have it since it has been out of the store since 2017.

Unless you're implying that the recent return of the Toxin Doctor costume required the art team to redesign it from scratch? Or that they had to remake every item in the Hollowjack crates so they could put it out again right now?

All I'm saying is that new (as in, 'not in the store now') stuff gets featured on the front page of the crown store. Like the Hollowjack crates. They may not be a new thing since they existed back in 2017, but they're 'new' to the store since they're not usually there.

And I'd like them to rotate things more often. They have the things made, so why not put them in the store more than three days every three years? I can't imagine that those hairstyles I mentioned are making much money by gathering dust on a virtual shelf.

OK fair enough.
  • PvXGamer
    PvXGamer
    ✭✭✭

We've been through this before in a number of other forums threads, @tomofhyrule ... the Art Team can only output 'X' Crown Store items in 'Y' period of time.

I see that you conceded the point. I just wanted to make sure and clarify that the request is for a page of past crown store items. It is not a request for anything new other than the page itself. The proposed idea would alleviate the dev team from being asked for anything specific from the plethora of past items that were available for purchase on the crown store. A random and small selection of said past items would show up each week for player consumption. This would happen w/o the dev team having to do anything other than initially populating the list and then adding newly expired items to the list as they come up. It would need to behave similar to how the golden vendor works in cyro giving us access to random purchase optins each week. Purchasable digital content that costs money but is inaccessible to players is essentially wasted content and brings in zero revenue.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a good marketing idea.

However, it should be up 24/7 so it is available for all players. Zos can offer a small selection, maybe a home, a mount, a pet, and a costume. Basically an offering from each significant area. It remains up for an entire month or at least a couple of weeks.

It is a good idea because it still keeps the "limited time" aspect and players interested in previously available items will need to turn into the crown store regularly. They just might buy other items, but more importantly, they may buy crowns at full value which is one of the driving ideas behind why limited-time items are offered in the first place.

What is funny though, many that missed these items originally will still miss what they want when it comes back.
  • PvXGamer
    PvXGamer
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    It is a good marketing idea.

However, it should be up 24/7 so it is available for all players. Zos can offer a small selection, maybe a home, a mount, a pet, and a costume. Basically an offering from each significant area. It remains up for an entire month or at least a couple of weeks.

It is a good idea because it still keeps the "limited time" aspect and players interested in previously available items will need to turn into the crown store regularly. They just might buy other items, but more importantly, they may buy crowns at full value which is one of the driving ideas behind why limited-time items are offered in the first place.

What is funny though, many that missed these items originally will still miss what they want when it comes back.

A month would be too long. There are literally more than a thousand individual past items at this point. This is why the suggestion was to have roughly 10 total posted and for a weekend only. Past purchase options with some from crown only purchases + some from gem only purchases + 1-2 high priced items. The turnover of what is available would and should be high as there is nothing to say that you would not get the same item showing up multiple times in a row since it should be random. The idea is to both make more money for zos by continuing the limited time availability vein and give players (present and future) access to older items they may want to collect without zos devs having to schedule meetings and/or obtain permissions outside of scheduled events/holidays in order to post older items on the crownstore.