Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please Rework Ring of Preservation

MotokoHutt
MotokoHutt
✭✭✭✭
I have said it before, but I will say it again, can we please have a rework for ring of preservation. I feel like this skill lacks so much in terms of utility at the same while does not match up with any other skill format, let me explain what I mean by all of this. For starters lets begin with it's duration, it has stragely the same duration as Healing Springs which would be ok if it was cast to location like grand heal and it's morph's, but instead it is cast around the player, making it impractical to use on anyone else but the caster themselves. Secondly it's size is so small at a mere 5 meter radius compare to Healing Springs 8 meters once again making it super impractical. With the nerf to minor protection coming with Markarth the skill is barely worth using for that ether. My third point is that it weirdly operates on it's own healing standard, healing once every half second compare to most other AOE heals once per second, despite this it's healing is actually out performed by many other heals leaving Ring of Preservation hard to use in the first place and underwhelming when actually utilised correctly.

I think this skill needs an entire rework with a specifical niche to its self as a stamina support skill. Currently it really is lacking much in the way of usability as requires players to stack into a very small location to use it's "aoe" capabilities. I have a couple idea's of how it couple be improved however generally I think the skill would be better done by a full rework. Maybe make it a heal skill that moves with the player, cast like a heal version of Hurricane or Deadly Cloak. Or perhaps give it some diferent buffs, change it's healing up and make it a stamina version of Grand Heal and it's morph's. Generaly anything would be an improvement.

PS: Don't think I am saying Ring of Preservation is useless, I use it myself on a couple of support characters, I am simply stating that it is sorely lacking compare to other support/heal skills. Just for reference here is a picture of the skill, I am not talking about the other morph.
OdcB7fE.png
Edited by MotokoHutt on October 25, 2020 2:39AM
PC EU
  • Wandering_Immigrant
    Wandering_Immigrant
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I use this often as part of my main rotation on my stam healer.

Biggest pain-point for me is the radius. I find myself moving it around the field often, sometimes laying it under the tank for minor protection sometimes under the dps for minor endurance. The radius is just small enough for it to never cover the front side and back side of a boss though.

The healing I think is fair considering it's other bonuses. The coming nerf to minor protection hurts it's value a little, but I usually find it more useful for endurance anyway, which is getting buffed.

So yeah just improved radius would go a long way for me. Not that I would complain about the healing being boosted, but I definitely wouldn't want to see any full rework as it's functionally great for what it does, just a pain to place properly.
  • MotokoHutt
    MotokoHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I use this often as part of my main rotation on my stam healer.

Biggest pain-point for me is the radius. I find myself moving it around the field often, sometimes laying it under the tank for minor protection sometimes under the dps for minor endurance. The radius is just small enough for it to never cover the front side and back side of a boss though.

The healing I think is fair considering it's other bonuses. The coming nerf to minor protection hurts it's value a little, but I usually find it more useful for endurance anyway, which is getting buffed.

So yeah just improved radius would go a long way for me. Not that I would complain about the healing being boosted, but I definitely wouldn't want to see any full rework as it's functionally great for what it does, just a pain to place properly.

While I can for the most part agree with you on everything you have said, I still think that a complete rework for the skill could be a good thing. Nice to see another stam healer though, rare breed we are. In general though I would love to see allot more stamina support based skills to be honest, so many stamina skills are oriented toward damage output or tanking, that we really sometimes can lack the group utility that magicka has more focusing on helping the self , rather then helping the whole.
    PC EU
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would settle with being able to affect 12 people with minor protection... like come on... what's point of 6 with it?
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use this on a Stamina Warden (is there any other kind?) healer as well and completely agree with the plea to increase its radius.

Making it 8 meters would be huge, huge, huge for increasing its utility.

Also agree that allowing a full raid of 12 to be affected would be a welcome change, though I mainly only heal dungeons on that character.
  • MotokoHutt
    MotokoHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use this on a Stamina Warden (is there any other kind?) healer as well and completely agree with the plea to increase its radius.

Making it 8 meters would be huge, huge, huge for increasing its utility.

I personally would love it to be 8 meters and cast to area instead of cast around caster if possible :3 The only problem with it being cast around player is even if it's radius was increased to 8 meters, part of it's reach is wasted behind you. Effectively if the skill is cast at location you would get the total radius of the skill as you could cast it infront of you, this is what makes Grand Heal and Magdens Healing Seed better.

To your question though, I have ran a Stamplar as a healer. You have no burst heal but can bring shards and clense for the group. With lack of a burst heal your team has to know more what they are doing, but with the inclusion of Extended Ritual it does give a nice bump to HoT power compare to Stamden.

Edited by MotokoHutt on October 25, 2020 9:18AM
    PC EU
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if ring is larger and heal more without stam regen, would be great stam heal as dot for stam healer builds
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • BXR_Lonestar
    BXR_Lonestar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skill is definitely wonky. TBH, I really wish the mag morph was a duplicate of the stam morph (circle of preservation), only with bonus regen to magika and healing that scales off of max magika/spell power. I'm playing around with using it on my main healer to help increase stam regen for when we have a group of mostly stam DPS, and it is nice for that. But morph preferences aside, it definitely seems like it could use a range increase or a duration buff.
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I only use it on my NB Healer since I don't have a non ultimate class skill that leaves a circle on the ground. If it were improved, i'd be very very happy.
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • MotokoHutt
    MotokoHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    The skill is definitely wonky. TBH, I really wish the mag morph was a duplicate of the stam morph (circle of preservation), only with bonus regen to magika and healing that scales off of max magika/spell power. I'm playing around with using it on my main healer to help increase stam regen for when we have a group of mostly stam DPS, and it is nice for that. But morph preferences aside, it definitely seems like it could use a range increase or a duration buff.

Magicka morph? Wait I am confuesed, the other morph is Turn Evil and is a stun rather then a heal.
    PC EU