Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What sets to pair

kuma82
kuma82
✭✭✭
So with the buff to pillar of nirn I finally have the ability to use it effectively. I have bought the gold rings from this set when they sold on golden vendor so long ago.

My question is what set would pair well with it? I’m looking at either dragons appetite or blood drinker. I will be using master weapons too. I’m not sure if blood drinker will boost all the bleed damage enough to outdo the all around damage boost dragons can give. Looking at using the set for either stam DK or stam warden.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What class are you? And is this for PvE or PvP (might seen counter-intuitive but it's one of the better proc sets for PvP).

I have a "for fun" PvE 2H/DW stamRomancer that uses Pillar and Dro'Zakar's Claws and Maelstrom Axe back-bar. If you really commit to it, you can get 7 concurrent bleeds at 133 Weapon Damage per bleed. I'm actually thinking of porting the set-up to my stamDen to really max it out with 9 concurrent bleeds.

Assuming that you're open to off-meta (which you must be if you're using this set) and didn't want to use a trial set, then Deadly Strikes is probably the easiest to pair it with. Blooddrinker would be interesting in PvP if you also used the Maelstrom Axe along with your Master's DW.

I haven't used Dragon's yet but the heal is quite weak in PvP and if you're going for a "max tick" build you're probably better off going with Draugrkin unless you need the sustain.
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    You ever actually end up using Pillar of Nirn, on paper it sounded nice. But in actual application, at least in PVP, no one stands (even by accident) in the 2.5m AOE long enough to get hit by the proc after 1s..

Shame, wanted it to work.. Paired with Bahraha, caltrops, bombard, in hopes to hold people in the aoe area long enough.. nope..
    Edited by sMuggle on October 25, 2020 5:06AM