The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mechanic of "off-balance" still the same since 2015?

MirandaSharp
MirandaSharp
✭✭✭✭
Someone asked in the forums a long time ago about exactly what the off-balance status actually does and I saw this reply:
DeanTheCat wrote: »
Off-Balance allows the following:
  1. Bonus damage dealt by Heavy Attack on Off-Balanced target (+50%)
  2. Knockdown + Stun if target receives a Heavy Attack
  3. Bonus Resource Return on Heavy Attack on Off-Balanced target
  4. Bonus Damage from Hawk Eye Bow passive on Off-Balanced target (15%)
  5. Bonus Damage from Ruffian passive on Off-Balanced target (15%)
  6. Bonus Damage from Exploiter CP passive on Off-Balanced target (10%)

Does anyone know if the off-balance mechanic is still the same, or has it changed since then?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There's a cooldown that was implemented since then and I don't think the Hawkeye passive has anything to do with off-balance. Pretty sure everything else on the list still holds true.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    There's a cooldown that was implemented since then and I don't think the Hawkeye passive has anything to do with off-balance. Pretty sure everything else on the list still holds true.

IIRC, cooldown is 15 sec
  • Hexvaldr
    Hexvaldr
    ✭✭✭
    Off balance immunity now applies to players during a period after being affected by off balance. It happened in the Murk more patch iirc and also allied to pve non boss mobs too.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Azmarul wrote: »
    Off balance immunity now applies to players during a period after being affected by off balance. It happened in the Murk more patch iirc and also allied to pve non boss mobs too.

The immunity applies to bosses too. Before the immunity off-balance had nearly 100% uptime and that is not the case. Even without the UI you can tell if someone is off-balance by the swirling circle around the top of their head.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

IIRC, cooldown is 15 sec

Uptime is 7 sec, cooldown is 17 sec.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

IIRC, cooldown is 15 sec

Uptime is 7 sec, cooldown is 17 sec.

This is correct