Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Templar in PVP with changes is unplayable

Daggerfell0929
Daggerfell0929
✭✭✭
Hello, after playing my STAMPLAR in PVP and having to make some changes, I will have come to the conclusion that Templar( I play Stamina) is unfair and unplayable in Cyrodil compared to some of the other classes available.

First off, simply abilities that don't even do AOE damage, such as RUNE FOCUS or EXTENDED RITUAL trigger the AOE cooldown. What does this mean? Well, if you use your armor buff or purify something, you are SOL when it comes to using your main ability.

Puncturing Strikes as a spammable is clearly underperforming, so I had to either replace with the other options, such as flurry, dizzy swing, or crushing weapon. All of which knock Stamina templar down a notch. Biting jabs, POTL are pretty much the reasons to play Stamina templar, without these abilities the class has much less to offer compared to others.
Puncturing Strikes should not trigger the cooldown either or be reworked as a result.

Obviously, if Puncturing Strikes is changed to a single target channel it will need some other buff to balance it out in PVP and PVE. Perhaps adding more stamina morphs for unused Magicka templar abilities. A % of healing done with a certain ability would be cool ( always jelly of magicka puncturing sweeps heal), although this does not solve the significant DPS loss problem.

Thanks for your time if you see this ZOS!
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a templar main I agree.

Once again time to burry our templars (remember deltia? This time it's worse).
  • Daggerfell0929
    Daggerfell0929
    ✭✭✭
    Just for clarification, this is in reference to the 3-second cooldown on AOE, I should have specified in the title
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for clarification, this is in reference to the 3-second cooldown on AOE, I should have specified in the title

Well it's not like stamina templar is fair compared to other classes even without the tests :'(

But yeah, during the tests. LITERALLY unplayable.
  • Daggerfell0929
    Daggerfell0929
    ✭✭✭
    In addition, I feel most templar passives apply to only Templar abilities, whereas other classes get passives whether you use class abilities or not
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same here...it's just a very frustrating experience..not worth playing
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not sure why sweeps jabs were not white listed. It’s the main spammable and way to proc our main damage passive burning light. It’s not like we saw many if any stamplars Magplars zerging down the map puncturing strikes

For the Queen bby
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They haven't figured out in 5 years that Purge is the problem that allows ball groups to exist and you expect them to understand Classes/PvP?

Their analyst desk is probably full of some before-college first timers. There is no other explanation to the lack of competence for decisions made during these tests, general PvP balance and Class balance. I doubt they actually look at the data nor understand it. They probably got these Early Monday PvP meetings for 10 minutes where new-comers suggest their new brilliant ideas without ever playing the game.

~ @Niekas ~

• BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ya the aoe CDs are straight up unplayable with temp. If this change were permanent across the board as is might as well delete the class.
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • Daggerfell0929
    Daggerfell0929
    ✭✭✭
    There is no way ZOS can make a change like this unless they do a total re-balance of the game PVP and PVE