The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Venemous Smite Ground Graphic

Talyndor
Talyndor
✭✭✭
Hi there:
So...is that kind of green, sickly circle I see when using venemous smite the proc from the set?
Thanks!
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    Yes that green circle that appears under your target is the venomous smite proc
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's the six-meter AoE that Venomous Smite causes.

It lasts 10 seconds, ticks damage once per second, (also can stack with the Bow skill: Poison Injection).

You move with the six-meter Aoe stuck to you (PvP, Battlegrounds, etc.) and affects anybody or any mob in that big green circle.

I was introduced to Venomous Smite in Battlegrounds. Now, heh, I introduce others to Venomous Smite. Vigor and/or Purge would be helpful in coping with it. :smiley:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    By the way -- both Venomous Smite (procs on hitting someone with a crit) and Poison Injection last 10 seconds and can really eat you up unless you are a tank, for example.

Since my Wood Elf NIghtblade (Dual Wield, Two-Hand, Bow) has racial Poison Resistance the effect is lessened. That Wood Elf racial is helpful in PvP. :smiley:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A stamina necro wearing Venomous Smite and Maarselok can deal a lot of damage, especially in group content.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good set - I run it with Defiler on two chars (Warden and Stamplar). On the stamplar its also with Maarselok, great fun and very good for PvE as well.
    Too many toons not enough time
  • Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, all for the responses!
    I have a full armor set on my stamblade now!
    I complement it with deadly strike which increases poison proc damage!