The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best StamCro Race

Roylund
Roylund
✭✭
What are everyone's thoughts on the best race for StamCro atm? Are Nord and Orc far above Imperial, Wood Elf, and the like? I have a low level Imperial StamCro right now but I'm considering swapping him to Wood Elf to get better sustain. I'm not sure if I'm gimping myself too hard by not going Nord/Orc. It also kind of sucks going Nord and not having the class be good for PvE dps.

Thoughts?
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it for pvp or pve? Or both?

I do have orc stamcro for pvp, because I like weapon damage and extra speed, I do also like using 1 defensive or semi defensive set for pvp this patch (pariah + 5pc damage set, 5medium example) so I don't really need nords extra resistance and stamcro already very tanky in pvp.

That's my personal preferance.

Go for orc if you want to have a good pve dps char + great for pvp.

Go nord if you only want pvp.

If you stay imperial that's fine as well for pvp, at the end of the day it's all about how you are good at playing the game.
  • Roylund
    Roylund
    ✭✭
    West93 wrote: »

I do have orc stamcro for pvp, because I like weapon damage and extra speed, I do also like using 1 defensive or semi defensive set for pvp this patch (pariah + 5pc damage set, 5medium example) so I don't really need nords extra resistance and stamcro already very tanky in pvp.

If you stay imperial that's fine as well for pvp, at the end of the day it's all about how you are good at playing the game.

It's for PvP but I want the toon to still be serviceable in non-trials PvE. What are your thoughts on Wood Elf compared to the other races?
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roylund wrote: »

It's for PvP but I want the toon to still be serviceable in non-trials PvE. What are your thoughts on Wood Elf compared to the other races?

I think any race is good for non trials pve.

I would go orc or nord still for pvp, if you lack sustain you just adjust your build.
  • Roylund
    Roylund
    ✭✭

I would go orc or nord still for pvp, if you lack sustain you just adjust your build.

I see. Would your reasoning be the same for StamPlar and StamDK and stam in general? From a mag player's perspective, the BiSness of stam seems kind of samey to me (besides Stamblade). I'm not sure if Wood Elf/Imperial/Redguard are good picks over Nord/Orc for any class at the moment.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Really, any race can be viable for trials in PvE. It's all in how you play. I have a Stamcro Redguard that's been through both just fine. Orc gets the best, followed by Nord I guess. It's all about your preference, playstyle, and understanding what the limitations are where you can build around them. So if you want to go Bosmer, go for it!
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I see. Would your reasoning be the same for StamPlar and StamDK and stam in general? From a mag player's perspective, the BiSness of stam seems kind of samey to me (besides Stamblade). I'm not sure if Wood Elf/Imperial/Redguard are good picks over Nord/Orc for any class at the moment.

Nord is probably the best right now for pvp, the armor provided by it can't really be easily picked up elsewhere.
    Orc is still good, Necro is a tanky class after all.
    Woodelf is kinda weird for stamcro as the class isn't know to be very mobile.
    Imperial is a good race if you want to play and mag on same toon, not the best for either, but kinda works for both.
    You can apply this to both stamplar and stamDK, Altough nord DK is kinda bid, with the extra ult gen.
    For stamplar nord again Beacuse you need the tankiness, Altough imperial and wood elf can work too if you want.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You never reach a point where max stam/mag and weapon/spell damage is useless. There is no upper limit. So the three races with 258 damage are always great.

Edited by katorga on October 22, 2020 4:46PM
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    Nord
  • Roylund
    Roylund
    ✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    [quote="Royl
    katorga wrote: »
    You never reach a point where max stam/mag and weapon/spell damage is useless. There is no upper limit. So the three races with 258 damage are always great.

True. I guess it's a bit more flexible in PvP but it does kind of feel like non-nb stam classes are shoehorned into being Nords/Orcs. Orc is probably my best bet since I'll want to do some PvE with the class anyway.