Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds needs AoE global cooldown

master_vanargand
master_vanargand
✭✭✭✭✭
Not only Cyrodiil but also Battlegrounds needs AoE global cooldown.
Team death match is full of Subterranean Assault and Bombard and other AoE.
The group queue is back in next update, so you should seriously consider the game balance of Battlegrounds.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just need to look at adjusting specific abilities, since all the AOE testing stuff affects some classes much more or less than others. Bombard has been needing a nerf for like 3 years now.
  • Morwaenna
    Morwaenna
    ✭✭✭
    The sooner proc set abuse is nerfed into the ground, the better.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The issue with bombard is the weak visual clue, hence why you see people bashing the air when they get rooted, they can't tell if they got stunned or rooted.
    And its way to cheap.
    Subassault is fine IMHO, wardens need adjustments elsewhere like Arctic blast healing.

If we are talking about bgs, vamp ult swarming scion could be looked at too, it's a poor man's sleet storm at this point and just encourages the play defense till ult playstyle too much.
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    I can bet a NB made this post. No other reason to be complaining about AOE cool downs. Shalks very easily avoidable.
    Firstmep wrote: »
    The issue with bombard is the weak visual clue, hence why you see people bashing the air when they get rooted, they can't tell if they got stunned or rooted.
    And its way to cheap.
    Subassault is fine IMHO, wardens need adjustments elsewhere like Arctic blast healing.

If we are talking about bgs, vamp ult swarming scion could be looked at too, it's a poor man's sleet storm at this point and just encourages the play defense till ult playstyle too much.

Also arctic blast is wardens only reliable burst heal. It used to be completely useless because it was weak and vines have needed a slight buff for awhile. Arctic blast healing is fine it’s not OP. And if anything sleet storm is a poor mans blood scion because it’s not regenerating your health. It does grant major protection though. Blood scion is one of the only useful skills in the vamp skill line and someone wants it nerfed. People wanna nerf anything they can’t/don’t want to deal with.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And its way to cheap.
    There are multiple issues with Bombard, and therefore several different ways that it could be fixed. It hits roughly as hard as most single target magicka-based spammables, but is an AOE cone that doesn't require a target, which means that it won't be wasted on Engine Guardian procs or pets, and can also be used as an anti-stealth tool. Plus it goes through dodge, and obviously roots and snares every target that doesn't have immunity. There's also a fairly longstanding bug, where cleansing off the Bombard debuff will sometimes leave you rooted until the timer runs out, or you trigger dedicated root immunity (and no, that's not just due to being rooted by something else - it can happen even if there are 0 debuffs remaining on your character).

Contrast that with something like Frost Clench. Yes, Frost Clench spam can be supremely annoying, but it's single target, has a shorter range, can be dodged, does less damage (a Master's Ice Staff might reverse the damage advantage in purely single target situations), and can't be used as an anti-stealth tool. Plus there's the whole opportunity cost of using an Ice Staff, which almost no one does anymore (and keep in mind that the snare on Wall of Frost is going away in a week and a half, barring last minute PTS changes).

I think roots in general are a bit too spammable, and are certainly too oppressive against Magicka classes, who can't afford to do nearly as much dodge rolling - especially in no-CP. But when you add the damage + other attributes of Bombard into the equation, it should be pretty obvious to everyone that it's overpowered.
  • WiredandTired
    WiredandTired
    ✭✭
    ImSoPro wrote: »
    I can bet a NB made this post. No other reason to be complaining about AOE cool downs. Shalks very easily avoidable.
    And its way to cheap.

Also arctic blast is wardens only reliable burst heal. It used to be completely useless because it was weak and vines have needed a slight buff for awhile. Arctic blast healing is fine it’s not OP. And if anything sleet storm is a poor mans blood scion because it’s not regenerating your health. It does grant major protection though. Blood scion is one of the only useful skills in the vamp skill line and someone wants it nerfed. People wanna nerf anything they can’t/don’t want to deal with.

Don't agree with the idea of AoE CDs, I play nightblade. Things were manageable, maybe a bit on the edge of too much for AoEs in BGs prior to this patch. Crimson, Syvarra, and what other AoE proc sets just pushed it over the top. I can see why folks would have this opinion. If you want to see how insane some BGs have become, look no further than PCEU BGs.

I can't tell if you're serious about arctic blast or northern storm. Arctic blast functions as a burst heal, heal over time, and a stun. It's a pretty loaded skill and should be re-evaluated or other class heals being brought up. Northern Storm is way better than Scion. The major protection and the AoE snare plus frost AoE damage for potential maim makes it one of the most powerful ultimates in pvp. You simply walk away from a scion ult, Storm requires a dedicated snare removal. Scion has the transformation time to go up and the power down, leaving a window of vulnerability. We will see where warden is after major/minor changes.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And its way to cheap.

The problem with bombard is that root immunity is waaaaaaay too short. Should be at least on the same timer as cc immunity if you ask me.
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    And its way to cheap.

Don't agree with the idea of AoE CDs, I play nightblade. Things were manageable, maybe a bit on the edge of too much for AoEs in BGs prior to this patch. Crimson, Syvarra, and what other AoE proc sets just pushed it over the top. I can see why folks would have this opinion. If you want to see how insane some BGs have become, look no further than PCEU BGs.

I can't tell if you're serious about arctic blast or northern storm. Arctic blast functions as a burst heal, heal over time, and a stun. It's a pretty loaded skill and should be re-evaluated or other class heals being brought up. Northern Storm is way better than Scion. The major protection and the AoE snare plus frost AoE damage for potential maim makes it one of the most powerful ultimates in pvp. You simply walk away from a scion ult, Storm requires a dedicated snare removal. Scion has the transformation time to go up and the power down, leaving a window of vulnerability. We will see where warden is after major/minor changes.

Arctic blast HOT is negligible. It’s only used for the burst. The stun just adds extra utility. If one must go they can take the HOT cause I run living trellis for my HOT anyway underneath Arctic blast. And we’ll just agreed To disagree on sleet storm.
    Edited by ImSoPro on October 22, 2020 7:54PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever is adopted from the Cyrodiil testing, the resulting changes are going to be applied to all PVP.

As such, I think we can anticipate there being some sort of throttling of successive AOE abilities. I'm sure, as a result, many AOE skills are going to be modified to no longer be AOE, or to be more powerful in order to account for reduced access.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever is adopted from the Cyrodiil testing, the resulting changes are going to be applied to all PVP.

If so then I'm done with pvp. Aren't they testing those aoe changes mainly because of poor server performance?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saubon wrote: »

If so then I'm done with pvp. Aren't they testing those aoe changes mainly because of poor server performance?

The testing/goal is aimed at addressing Cyro performance issues. But based on ZOS's philosophy, I highly doubt they will create such a skill behavior dichotomy between PvE and PvP.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO, procs need a nerf and that's IT, GTFO
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    And its way to cheap.

Man wish my stamplar had access to a reliable burst heal that did damage scaled off health and did an unblockable undodgeable aoe stun :(

For the Queen bby
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The group queue is back in next update, so you should seriously consider the game balance of Battlegrounds.

Subterranean Assault isnt even included in the AoE global cooldowns because its delayed anyway...
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes delet all animation! Only light attack procs 4 me B)
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    Yes delet all animation! Only light attack procs 4 me B)

Yeah no skilllines anymore, just proccs and movement :D
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And its way to cheap.

Man wish my stamplar had access to a reliable burst heal that did damage scaled off health and did an unblockable undodgeable aoe stun :(

Imagine!

The forums would implode if stamplars had anything going for them but jabs.

• ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭

A man with a vision of what a game should be.

For the moment, we have proc sets, limitless resources and unbalanced healing.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol no