The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Input Issues and Lag

Kenji123
Kenji123
Soul Shriven
PC Steam

I was in the middle of doing Maelstrom Arena for Wrothgar's points of interest when my inputs started to lag a lot during Seht's Flywheel. The bug also changed my controller settings since start and select use my B ability instead of opening the menu/map, and it made leaving the arena impossible (I'm able to walk around normally but can't interact or use abilities properly). I tried completely closing the game and then restarting a couple of times and the problem still persists. I'm now somehow at the Orsinium Wayshrine but the problem still persists and it's preventing me from playing the game.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 15, 2020 11:45PM
  • Kenji123
    Kenji123
    Soul Shriven
    Forgot to add that I checked my Steam controller configuration and there wasn't anything wrong with it.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kenji123

Do you have any issues if using a mouse and keyboard instead of the controller?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kenji123
    Kenji123
    Soul Shriven
    I tested both keyboard/mouse and controller and the former works while the latter still doesn't.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Kenji123

Do you have another controller you can test with to find out if the controller itself is having issues?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Kenji123
    Kenji123
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not sure exactly what was wrong. I'm using a Switch Pro Controller, and after testing it with my Switch there seemed to be an issue with the USB cable I used to connect the controller (the one that comes with the console). The controller worked fine with my Switch once I switched to wireless. Testing that somehow fixed the USB to PC so I'm not sure why the problem occurred in the first place, though I won't be playing again until tomorrow so I can't tell if it's completely fixed. Pretty disappointed that I have to wait until next time to finish Maelstrom Arena.
  • Kenji123
    Kenji123
    Soul Shriven
    Tested it this morning, I was able to move around and interact/look at menu/map fine, but I didn't do any combat.