The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we have 1 week test excluding proc sets

nk125x
nk125x
✭✭✭✭✭
I've geared up my toons with proc sets as its the current meta. Still I would like to see Cyrodiil a Proc free environment and it will decrease the calculations

So ZOS please
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support that. One thing that have multiplied over the years are the procsets.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would be really cool, like when you zone into Cyrodiil your current gear load out is replaced with generic armor with only tri-enchants. That sort of test would be a boatload of fun.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just global cooldown on damage dealing procset, so you wont wear more than 1 anyway.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Just global cooldown on damage dealing procset, so you wont wear more than 1 anyway.

With current tooltips that proc sets have even 1 proc set is still a problem. Worn by few enemies is death sentence.
    Edited by Juhasow on October 2, 2020 6:43PM
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

With current tooltips that proc sets have even 1 proc set is still a problem. Worn by few enemeis is death sentence.

One Sheer Venom to rule them all....
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A stat based set only campaign or BG would be interesting to see. Sets that increase your damage or regen conditionally would still be OK. Stuhns's and Lich allowed, but Skoria and Viper would not.

Edited by NordSwordnBoard on October 2, 2020 2:08PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can you have 1 week without proc sets as a test?
    sure, as long as we can also have 1 week test without animation canceling, because i bet we would see the truth about the stress on the servers that animation canceling causes when compared to the proc sets.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    sure, as long as we can also have 1 week test without animation canceling, because i bet we would see the truth about the stress on the servers that animation canceling causes when compared to the proc sets.

I'd take you up on the offer in a second.

Because during the no-animation canceling test, Cyrodiil will have 1 bar pops across the board by the end of the week and we can put to bed forever all those myopic posts begging ZOS to remove animation cancelling.

Meanwhile, the no proc set week, ZOS will have to open additional campaigns to accommodate the vast ques of people who are actually looking to fight players instead of gear sets.

ZOS's beancounters will take note and force the devs to take the game in a healthy direction.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes please, let's make said cooldown 45 minutes!
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'd take you up on the offer in a second.

Because during the no-animation canceling test, Cyrodiil will have 1 bar pops across the board by the end of the week and we can put to bed forever all those myopic posts begging ZOS to remove animation cancelling.

Meanwhile, the no proc set week, ZOS will have to open additional campaigns to accommodate the vast ques of people who are actually looking to fight players instead of gear sets.

ZOS's beancounters will take note and force the devs to take the game in a healthy direction.

I'm not sure that would be the case. No proc sets at all would severely impact the ability to control zergs and the fights would be rlly boring vs just no ani cancelling (which normally doesn't work well in lag anyway) being frustrating but easily manageable. I'd still enjoy seeing the tests and results though.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a question. Do people consider a set like Master's Dual Wield to be a proc set? It doesn't follow the general proc balancing. It adds around 1.1k DPS vs 1.6k (before Battle Spirit) for almost all procs sets however it can crit.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xiomaro wrote: »
    Here's a question. Do people consider a set like Master's Dual Wield to be a proc set? It doesn't follow the general proc balancing. It adds around 1.1k DPS vs 1.6k (before Battle Spirit) for almost all procs sets however it can crit.

I'd put it in the same boat as oblivions foe or masters 2h, not technically a procset, but enhancing an ability.
    But then again we couldn't call heavy attack sets procsets either than so who knows.
    I'd still say that sets that do damage independently from your skills should be called proc sets, so I guess my answer is no, it's not a proc set.
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like other people to crutch on proc sets. They then don't bother to learn to play. They also like to mass copy online builds. Why would we want to stop this? You're facing the 100th enemy who MUST do x in order to y. It's pretty easy to take advantage of it.

The dangerous players are the ones who are not meta.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't make a whole lot of sense that they would create any more lag than any other abilities, and in fact they probably cause less due to the fact that most of them have cooldowns and the conditions for them have been made easier to calculate (on damage instead of % chance on crit or whatever). An ability searching for a target is no different than a proc set doing the same, one just does it automatically and the other does it with an input.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    It doesn't make a whole lot of sense that they would create any more lag than any other abilities, and in fact they probably cause less due to the fact that most of them have cooldowns and the conditions for them have been made easier to calculate (on damage instead of % chance on crit or whatever). An ability searching for a target is no different than a proc set doing the same, one just does it automatically and the other does it with an input.

Yes, but the suggestion to remove them all would probably have a similar net effect as placing aoe shared cooldowns. Just because of the damage calculations. Being that everyone is running proc sets ATM means results would be skewed. As a lot of players wouldn't realise or wouldn't want to play...
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xiomaro wrote: »

First of all I'm surprised it can crit, you wouldn't know it from the tooltip.

Another that's up in the air, Dragon's Appetite.

Those sets don't really discourage you from getting your damage from abilities, they just give your abilities an extra edge, same way stat sets do. They don't really break the resource economy, they don't break the cooldown economy, they don't create low-risk/high-reward playstyles, they don't add additional cleansable effects.

Because the boost is flat though they do make up for building into survivability and sustain somewhat. At the extreme, I guess it's possible that the set itself would do more damage than your rending slashes if you have really low damage.
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZoS has already made a lot of changes over the years that has made animations slower and a lot of skills cannot be canceled. I guarantee these ball groups, around which the lag is the most severe, are not animation canceling. The servers are not capable of handling a certain amount of players. During prime time people are using skills with several seconds in between because of lag.

Eliminate animation canceling even further and watch the game become slower than it already is.
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pls give monster set or 5p set that makes u immune to proccdmg and procc healing, also debuff/buff from a set.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The answer to the proc meta... this new set:

"Lord statucus of I hate bloody proc sets"

2 piece
    8000 resistance to proc set effects

3 piece
    127 weapon damage & 127 spell damage

4 piece
    840 magicka & 840 stamina

5 piece
    1000 weapon damage & 1000 spell damage upon deconstructing all of your bloody proc sets!

• Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly don't think removing proc sets for a week would have a significant or noticeable impact on performance that being said it would make pvp a heck of a lot more enjoyable so I'm all for it. If more people think this way maybe we can get another active campaign going.
  • Alchimiste1
    Alchimiste1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what animation canceling is even left in this game. you cant animation cancel half the skills anymore. There's no point in bash weaving, most of the ults have cast times and the game has more lag than ever. I hope you don't think like some people that animation canceling somehow allows you to land 1000 attacks at once

• Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it doesn't improve performance, it would definitely improve balance. Enhance the skills available to players, don't give players freebies.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all this would do is have everyone putting their proc sets away for an week because they wouldnt give an fair test hell a lot of players changed up for the test they are running now so that they can play on my templar running in this test it an delay to all skills as to use 1 puts every other skill on cd that bar has , res buff/mag return , set and forget dot , stamable , heal ,cap closer , ult, so everything needed for an fight but on templar your an dead sick for skill cd every skill you use has been real fun but you know they cant judge something if they cant see it so hopefully they see cd on skills would kill mag templar fast
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 21, 2020 12:02PM