The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bank Error led to Suspension

Andratte
Andratte
✭✭
Help please. My bank double charged me for my 1 month sub. I let my bank know this and they said no problem. Now I got a notice that my account has been canceled and when I try to log in to fix the website tells me I have been suspended. II try to log into game and it tells me that my password/user name is not valid. have had this account since beta. I played earlier today. Can someone help me please???
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start an Online Support ticket, @Andratte, and be sure to list the ticket number in your thread here.

Disputing a charge through your bank will flag your account ... so it’s always better to attempt to resolve the issue through a Support ticket first (even if it’s a ZOS billing error).

In the future, remember to use the Support search function before going down extreme paths such as a card dispute with your bank.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 12, 2020 12:42AM
  • Andratte
    Andratte
    ✭✭
    I just saw it on my statement and thought oh they made an error. I didnt think it would effect me here. Silly I now know.

How can I create a ticket when my account has been suspended? I cant log into support home https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/utils/login?p_next_page=ask

I tried account recovery before but I got no confirmation or anything that it took.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're correct ... an account recovery ticket is what you need.

If you didn't get a ticket number try it one more time.

Choose the category that's "closest" to your issue.

It also might help to use a different browser on the second try.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    unfortunately this will be flagged as a charge back. 2 things you need to do as soon as possible, 1st contact bank and reverse the charge back and clear any flag of fraud from bank re ZOS get this in writing (email) 2nd be patient ZOS will need time to confirm you have cleared them with the bank and reversed the charge back. unfortunately this can take up to 30days maybe longer with the covid problem. just answer all emails as soon as you get them and do not open another ticket as this will reset your previous one.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Andratte

You are welcome to post your ticket number in the thread if you'd like any updates.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TjPhysicist
    TjPhysicist
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Andratte

You are welcome to post your ticket number in the thread if you'd like any updates.

i have basically the same issue, i attemped to purchase a crown pack and eso store told me the payment failed and to try again, so i did, and again, ...but i went to paypal to see 3 charges but ESO store only ever acknowledged ONE i never even got a transaction number nothing it said the payment failed due to issue with the card. Paypal eventually reversed the 2 extra charges, but now my account is suspended and esoplus cancelled even though i have over 1 month left on the esoplus..and you're telling me it can take upto 30 DAYS to solve this issue? who is gonna pay for the extra month of ESOPlus i lost then?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not clear on how someone can "create a support ticket" if their account is suspended.

@ZOS_BillE how would this be done?

Thanks!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I'm not clear on how someone can "create a support ticket" if their account is suspended.

@ZOS_BillE how would this be done?

Thanks!

As I mentioned above in the thread, it would be an account recovery ticket instead, @newtinmpls ... with the player choosing the ticket category "closest" to their issue.

They'll be able to get a ticket number and then follow up here in General Help (if they wish for an immediate response from a forums mod).

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 10, 2020 3:48AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cool, thanks for the clarification..
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The direct link for the account recovery form can be found at this link.
    Staff Post
  • Amalaura
    Amalaura
    Anyone on here gotten their accounts back? Its killing me to not be able to play, its how my husband and I can interact when he is out of state. I think this is a very extreme response that ESO takes for a chargeback on a duplicate charge. We've paid for these accounts. I'm paid through Oct and can't even use it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amalaura wrote: »
    Anyone on here gotten their accounts back? Its killing me to not be able to play, its how my husband and I can interact when he is out of state. I think this is a very extreme response that ESO takes for a chargeback on a duplicate charge. We've paid for these accounts. I'm paid through Oct and can't even use it.

Yes, you might read through this thread, as it talks about some of the reasons why ZOS has that extreme response for chargebacks: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/507942/if-your-credit-card-gets-double-charged-beware-the-dangers-of-support

This recent thread suggests one method of resolution, being given an alternate means of paying for the chargeback: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/548785/banned-for-reporting-undelivered-crowns-to-paypal/
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 17, 2020 10:57PM
  • Amalaura
    Amalaura
    Ugh well thankfully I heard from them today, first they told me to reverse the chargeback but then a bit later I got another response from a different agent telling me he saw that my chargeback was due to a double charge so he re-activated my account. Apparently they did process my refund but it was taking longer than the 7-10 days I was told. He next in the future just wait longer...basically. Or inquire with them about it. Which I shall now do from now on!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear it got resolved in your favor!
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is now a few months old and the OP has not responded, we are going to close out the discussion. If you need assistance regarding an account issue, please feel free to start a new thread in General Help.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.