The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Flickering forums

dannymcgr81b14_ESO
dannymcgr81b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I just came back today after a year away and every time I try to scroll down on the forums I get a strange bug. The part at the top of the screen with "categories, dev tracker, recent" and such flickers on and off and the page itself slowly moves upwards. Any ideas on how to fix it? I have updated drivers so that's not the problem. Thanks for any help!
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get the same thing since today.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what's going on but it's very hard to read posts.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks,

If you try clearing cache, deleting cookies, or using a different web browser does this issue still occur for you?
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it still occurs after clearing, deleting and on two other browsers.
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem is definitely connected with that categories banner beneath where it says "The Elder Scrolls Online". I experimented a little and there are no problems for the first few seconds on a page but as soon as that banner loads, it starts flickering and my page starts moving. No idea what to do about it but I hope that helps your people narrow down the problem.
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I posted a video of what's happening on my Twitter account.
    Edited by dannymcgr81b14_ESO on October 10, 2020 4:14PM
  • Hemaka
    Hemaka
    ✭✭
    Can confirm the bug still exists and is highly annoying. Black banner with categories/dev tracker/recent/unanswered/participated flickers and slowly scrolls window up.
    As far as I checked it out, it happens on Chrome and Edge for me (both incognito and normal mode). Shouldn't happen in incognito if cache/cookiers were the issue. Doesn't happen in TOR browser. Perhaps it has something to do with chromium engine? Both Edge and obviously Chrome use it.
    Still, highly annoying.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleared cache, nothing changed.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As an update, we are currently investigating the issue with flickering on the ESO forums. The issue appears to be related to the resolution your PC is currently using, with higher resolutions not encountering the issue as often.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Arizona
    Arizona
    ✭✭
    Can confirm this issue too. I have the behavior with Edge (Chromium), but not with current Firefox 81.0.2.

See Screenshot with F-12-Tools open for more info. Hope it helps a bit. When flickering, the color-highlighted elements minus values spin back and forth.

Edited by Arizona on October 19, 2020 12:14PM
    "Wolf...Teacher, Pathfinder, Moon-dog of my soul.
    Howling, Singing, Teaching how to know."
  • Hemaka
    Hemaka
    ✭✭
    Month later, still the same issue.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing. Using the latest Firefox on latest Windows 10 update.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We are aware and are currently investigating the issue with flickering on the ESO forums. With that being said, since there is already a thread opened on this subject, we're going to go ahead and close this one down. To consolidate all feedback, we ask that you continue the discussion here.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.