The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Markarth Prologue - Mages Guild (Possible Spoilers)

Nomadic_Atmoran
Nomadic_Atmoran
✭✭✭✭✭
Could the prologue be indicating a previous incarnation of the Mages Guild or do you think this was a mistake by the developers?

During the early part of the quest a letter to Verandis from Rada al Saran is found in a secret chamber in the Ravenwatch Castle. The letter speaks of the Mages Guild, but the quest clearly places the letter and Verandis' visit to Grayhome before the Gray Host was unleashed on Tamriel. Further proof that this is during the period of the first era prior to 1E 1029 is the mention of a possible ally in Empress Hestra. The very person responsible for deposing King Styriche of Varkarth.

Its established that the Mages Guild was formed by Galerion in the early years of the 2nd Era though it seems no exact date for this is ever given. Its not officially recognized until 2E 231 by the Guilds Act.

Even if the Guild was formed on the first day of the new Era it would still put its inception 1891 years after the events of the 1029.
Penniless Sellsword Company
Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, Atmoran. Check the in-game text of the To My Dear Friend by Rada al-Saran and the UESP team commentary on the page I give the link to here, please - "On the Public Test Server this note referenced the Mages Guild, even though it was written before the founding of that organization. This reference was removed before the quest went live".
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, Atmoran. Check the in-game text of the To My Dear Friend by Rada al-Saran and the UESP team commentary on the page I give the link to here, please - "On the Public Test Server this note referenced the Mages Guild, even though it was written before the founding of that organization. This reference was removed before the quest went live".

So it was a mistake and it wasnt removed in its entirety since you can still view it on PS4.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then I suppose we should attract the developers' attention to it. Thank you, Atmoran! @ZOS_Adrikoth, hello! Could you show this issue to the lore and developing teams in order to check the content and make some corrections if necessary? Thank you in advance!