Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Arx Corinium on vet is too easy even for a non dlc?

• Maggusemm
    Maggusemm
    ✭✭✭
    not every content must be end game content, so go on trying to solo vcr+3
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Max, as a rule of thumb all of the non-dlc dungeons that were originally normal dungeons are extremely easy. Their mechanic were designed for players that were below level 50, essentially intended for characters that were being leveled up.

Also, this encompasses most of the non-DLC dungeons as the game originally had only six vet dungeons and Zos added a few more like CoA II and CoH II. So any non-DLC dungeon that is a I and probably all that do not have a number were one of these normal dungeons.

Edit: as a side note, I remember when in vet Spindleclutch (now SC II) you had to move out of the NPC Standards when they went down. They hit hard. In any of the six original vet dungeons, we had to block or move out of the way of an NPC doing a heavy attack with a 2H sword. I saw more than a few players at full health get one-shot by them and people today complain about bosses having one-shot mechanics. lol. Healers were more important back then but Zos has nerfed that content into the ground.
    Edited by idk on August 16, 2020 6:37AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

Literally every Arx Corinium run is a hard mode, no death, speed run. No exceptions...

Then add "for me" onto that sentence to make it reflect reality.

There are harder challenges...for you.

Those same things that would "challenge" you, others aren't ready for yet.

The game needs to provide many levels of difficulty. That's a good thing.

That being said, I agree...it used to be a lot harder and the final boss used to be much more dangerous and I don't think it's just me getting better.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a tank I avoid that stupid dungeon like the plague.

Is it because of its difficulty, no, but there’s plenty of other reasons to avoid that place

For one thing at least half the bosses simply ignore taunt. They have mechanics that cause them to go off on a wander with the little red glowy bit over their head so I know dam well the little sods under my taunt.

Secondly, explaining the mechanics like don’t stand in the snakes big red healing circle to pick up groups is pretty much impossible because none of them pay a blind bit of attention.

Then there is the boss that resets and keeps resetting every time someone stands on the bridge

Finally, like most dungeons I have absolutely no idea what the story is in there because there’s always some moron that skipped through all the dialogue even if the group was created with the stated intention of hearing the story! I did consider running it solo but quite frankly by this point I’m so bored and disillusioned with the glitch fest dungeons in this game I wonder why I bother anyway

Finally there is just the sheer number of hopeless, 11k health damage dealers. If I’m running a base game dungeon my tank will typically bring some amount of DPS stuff with me. Now bear in mind that most of these builds are still over over 30,000 health yet I’m doing more damage than perhaps 80 to 90% of the pug group players. This is not their fault I don’t think but the fault of a game that is completely utterly and absolutely useless at teaching it’s own mechanics!
    Edited by Integral1900 on August 16, 2020 9:15AM
  • chimneyswift_ESO
    chimneyswift_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting on them to make Arx Corinium II. They did it with City of Ash and Crypt of Hearts but never did a version II for Arx 😞
    Ebonheart Pact
    GM of Secret Order of Sotha Sil
    Stam DK - Chimneyswift
    NB Healer - Hist-and-Honey
    Templar - Milvela Volos
    Sorc - Thè Flash

For ESO builds & guides: http://www.ChimneySwift11.com
    YouTube: youtube.com/ChimneySwift11
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/chimneyswift11
    Facebook Gaming: http://www.fb.gg/ChimneySwift11
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works both ways...vBCII is far harder now than it used to be...I actually have to move my tank out of the Daedroth boss's fire after he stuns me now(well, if he manages to get through my shields in that timeframe)...and evidently pugs now have far more trouble with HM last boss than they did back when I was VR7 from what I have noticed lately.

As to the subject though...base vet dungeons are easy, its why I rarely do them aside from the random dungeon(which I also rarely do).
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what pugs you run with but last boss is still able to kill easly if ppl dont block. Im not surprised if few rezes need to be done during fight. Also island poison is pretty devastating for nubs. Not so long ago i had 3 of my team mates dead there (one of them didnt understand that red is bad and rest didnt know where they have block button [which is very common for low cp players]).

There is no obvious oneshot but you still gonna die easly if you dont understand basic mechanics, so imo it is fine.
    PC EU
    /script JumpToHouse("@Paramedicus")

↑↑↑ Feel free to visit my house if you need to use Transmute Station or Trial Dummy with buffs (look for Harrowing Reaper) ↑↑↑
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. Just because something is now easy doesn't mean it needs a rework. Arx is just fine
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of diificulty:
    Base dungeons 1 versions of.
    Base dungeon without a second version
    Base dungeon 2nd version
    DLC dungeons - difficulty not in order of release - aka castle thorn easier than frostvault
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds