The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Undaunted trophies for past dungeon completions

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I previously completed some dungeons before the Undaunted Trophies and Housing were introduced. I don't have the Trophies for these, though. I have the Achievements that show I did do the content, so shouldn't the Trophies be awarded retroactively?
PCNA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. You will have to complete them again to get the trophy.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's tied to the achievement, and I have the achievement, logically I should have the trophy.
    PCNA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not tied to the achievement so logically you should not have the trophy. It drops from the boss.

This reminded me of when Zos added levels to Undaunted to add the two passives in that skill line. I had all the dungeon achievements, death challenges, no death, and such, yet Zos did not grant me those undaunted points retroactively. I had to earn them slowly because I was an over achiever.

Still does not change the fact that these are not tied to the achievement but just remembered it.
    Edited by idk on October 14, 2020 5:38PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This web site has the trophies connected with the achievements.

http://lovelynorth.com/trophies/
    PCNA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not say the trophies are connected with the achievements. That article does not even mention the word achievement.

BTW, what that site does say is the trophies "are awarded when completing a dungeon, trial or arena in normal mode."

I have no idea why are arguing over this as you can simply look in-game at the conqueror achievement for any dungeon and see there is no trophy tied to it.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    It does not say the trophies are connected with the achievements. That article does not even mention the word achievement.

BTW, what that site does say is the trophies "are awarded when completing a dungeon, trial or arena in normal mode."

I have no idea why are arguing over this as you can simply look in-game at the conqueror achievement for any dungeon and see there is no trophy tied to it.

Actually when looking at the mobile site it does say "Achievement: [dungeon name]" under each trophy. And I'm not arguing. I'm just trying to clarify.

5ssy73g9fksz.jpg
    Edited by SilverBride on October 14, 2020 6:06PM
    PCNA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have already clarified it. You will have to do the dungeon or trial again to get it.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd appreciate hearing from others, particularly someone from ZoS, as to how this is supposed to work.

• I found information tying the trophies to dungeon achievements.
    • If I have the achievement shouldn't I be awarded the trophy?
    • If not, why?

PCNA
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think of it as similar to pre-Summerset jewelry, @SilverBride.

You can't deconstruct pre-Summerset jewelry ... because ZOS intentionally did not want players hoarding jewelry before Summerset was released.

Fortunately, in your example, you can still re-run the dungeon.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 14, 2020 8:58PM
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS would never "reduce" potential time in game (Marketing would NOT allow this since the goal is "more time playing= more crowns bought"). They want you to keep chasing the dragon. See the vMA weapon changes debacle for example.
    PC-NA
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @SilverBride

As mentioned in the posts above, the trophies are not retroactive. This means you will need to complete them again in order to obtain the trophies.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, @ZOS_BillE!
    PCNA
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

As we have had to remove posts due to baiting as well as the question being answered, we are going to go ahead and close this thread. We always encourage sharing opinions, but we ask that they are respectfully stated when doing so.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.