The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 needs some add-ons or separate in-game qol changes for crafting

deevoh1991
deevoh1991
✭✭✭
It's really unfair people just use all kinds of add-ons like lasycrafter or whatever to hunt for items , craft items easier, do writes more efficiently and quickly etc. Considering zos has no issues with 3rd party apps for pc, they should do something to improve qol in PS4 and not raise their lazy token "Sony has issues, not us" , and find and brainstorm more work arounds.
PSN GT : Divzor
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short of devoting development time that can take away from developing new features, there isn't much that can be done for add ons for consoles. That said, I would love for them to implement some of these add on's functionality to all versions of the game so I wouldn't have to rely on third parties to provide what I feel are great qol additions. Sadly I don't see it coming anytime soon, if ever.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crafting stations are supposed to get an update soon in the base game to make daily crafting writs and master writs easier on consoles.

I don’t have the details but it was mentioned in another thread in this section.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really isn't a ZOS issue but a sony/xbox issue.
    Bethesda pushed mods with their games for console and xbox went full with it but PS4 limited it because quite frankly it is a very dangerous software security issue.
    I could imagine even if ZOS requested it sony would say no.

Add ons for PC is firstly a thing anyone can do, skill required of course, add ons are in a multitude of games and there is really nothing a developer can do to stop someone modifying their game, except maybe banning like Rockstar does for mods or VAC ban type of this.
    Secondly MMO's have a long history of people creating better UIs ect than the developer, more intuitive made by gamers. ESO is no exception. Add ons was a day one feature built into the games UI and there was add ons on day one that people had already created from the beta.
    The most simplest one, mini map, everyone used it.
    Why does the game not have a mini map....probably because the devs knew not everyone would want it and those that do could simply make it themselves.

On the plus side ZOS have actually added a lot of really popular add ons into the base game. Buff trackers being one of the most best and important add ons.

I feel optimistic as consoles share PC architecture, cross play is becoming the norm and basically consoles are becoming digital and obsolete (minus nintendo) that this next gen will cross the lines of being able to do what a PC can do.
    Maybe we will be able to get add ons on PS5 in the future, I would imagine that they will allow us to use keyboard and mouse in games at some point in the future too. We can already use it with a third party hardware and the PS4 allows us to type in chat in ESO with keyboard anyway.
    Options
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Add-ons seem to be a two-edged sword, helpful until an update makes them cause bugs. I have no idea what vetting system might be used to try to ensure how safe they are.

As for playing with mouse and keyboard, no thanks. I’ll keep my controller.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options