Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Resto staff, help

METALPUNKS
METALPUNKS
✭✭✭
What's a better morph, rapid regen or mutagen?

Also what are the nuts have skills from resto staff?
  • Aerlim
    Aerlim
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the question and I'm pleased to help you.

To be honest, all the skills are "nuts have" when you know what you're doing. As a talented and established Squirrelmancer who is at VR11 and currently soloing Craglorn, here are a few of my favourite morphs on the skill line of choice for any serious nut-based healing build.

- Restorative Walnut. Creates a giant walnut to share among your party mates, healing 250 hp over 10 seconds.
    - Almond Breeze. Conjure forth a shower of almonds that heal 50 hp and replenish 50 magicka for every almond consumed, and damaging enemies for the same amount.
    - Crunchy Nut Surprise. Will into existence a cluster of nuts which detonate upon enemy contact and immobilise all enemies while simultaneously removing negative effects from party members in the area.
    - Anaphylactic Shock - your enemy suffers from an extreme nut allergy and is immobilised for 5 seconds. Party members receive 50hp for every hit on the enemy until effect ends.

ULTIMATE - Squirrel Assault - Summons a pack of five bloodthirsty, psychotic squirrels who believe that the enemy has taken their nuts. Each attack by each squirrel heals the party for 50hp and reduces enemy movement speed by 70%.

Let me know if you have any questions. Always happy to help my furry, brazil-obsessed brethren.

• METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    Aerlim wrote: »

To be honest, all the skills are "nuts have" when you know what you're doing. As a talented and established Squirrelmancer who is at VR11 and currently soloing Craglorn, here are a few of my favourite morphs on the skill line of choice for any serious nut-based healing build.

- Restorative Walnut. Creates a giant walnut to share among your party mates, healing 250 hp over 10 seconds.
    - Almond Breeze. Conjure forth a shower of almonds that heal 50 hp and replenish 50 magicka for every almond consumed, and damaging enemies for the same amount.
    - Crunchy Nut Surprise. Will into existence a cluster of nuts which detonate upon enemy contact and immobilise all enemies while simultaneously removing negative effects from party members in the area.
    - Anaphylactic Shock - your enemy suffers from an extreme nut allergy and is immobilised for 5 seconds. Party members receive 50hp for every hit on the enemy until effect ends.

ULTIMATE - Squirrel Assault - Summons a pack of five bloodthirsty, psychotic squirrels who believe that the enemy has taken their nuts. Each attack by each squirrel heals the party for 50hp and reduces enemy movement speed by 70%.

Let me know if you have any questions. Always happy to help my furry, brazil-obsessed brethren.

Love what you did you my spell correction messing up lol
  • Aerlim
    Aerlim
    ✭✭
    Ha ha, bored and waiting for EU server to come back up!

As it happens, I do actually use Resto staff and so far have healed successfully in dungeons. I'm using the following:

ALWAYS ON MY ACTION BAR
    - Healing Spring - for more mana return. If you can get everyone in the aoe heal, you can get back 40 magicka per heal which is essentially a free heal every couple of casts
    - Mutagen - It's really handy when people drop low and a faster HOT (the alternative morph) isn't going to help out if they have taken so much damage that they are under 20% health. It's also one of the only cheap direct heals we have to help out of sticky situations, though the next skill is very helpful in that regard...
    - Ward Ally - I have chosen to shield myself too as the morph, rather than add a heal to the shield. The longer I can stay alive then the more heals I can get out. In addition, shields should really be cast preemptively so there shouldn't be too much need for an additional heal when you cast it.

SOMETIMES ON MY ACTION BAR
    - Combat prayer - When a big aoe is coming up or I see that people are fecklessly standing in a patch of ground that is about to become a big firey place of burning, sometimes I won't do anything. Just to teach them a lesson. Ha! Other times, I will cast this to send their armor and spell resist into overcharge and also give them a nice DPS boost at the same time.

RARELY ON MY ACTION BAR
    - Force siphon - I just can't seem to justify it. It gives back heals (and magicka when morphed) for every hit but I can't really justify the space. I would rather have a maxed out Magelight for an extra 20% crit so the heals that I do have are more effective.

Of course, all of the above is just my opinion. I hope you find it useful :)

Edited by Aerlim on April 19, 2014 7:32PM
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks a bunch. Had no clue Magelight worked with healing.
  • spideyfk
    spideyfk
    I want to leave a "Thank you" note to Aerlim here. I had some doubts as well and with this setup i was able to heal several groups without deaths. Also, i do use Combat Prayer quite a lot (I like it :P ). Thanks for taking the time to write this =) .
  • Ralathar44
    Ralathar44
    ✭✭✭
    It's basically choice and how survivable your groups are. If you team with people who constantly eat more damage than they should or that bothers you alot then go for the morphs that focus on delivering more burst healing.

If you team with people who know that red = dead then I personally prefer the more healing over time morphs or morphs that increase sustainability.

I'm personally not a fan of the AOE heal myself, because even with the magicka return I feel like it's not very efficient. It's so easy for people to move out of. I prefer the cone heal because it provides buffs that decrease incoming damage and heals for a similar amount all at once without any worries about "ticks" being wasted.

For clutch saves the damage shield is where it's at. If someone hits 50% or less the damage shield will provide quite alot of protection.

At least that my experience so far.

I personally don't have an issue staying alive, but then not everyone has played both DAOC and GW 2. I have alot of experience in other games where positioning is everything :D.
    Edited by Ralathar44 on April 21, 2014 7:38PM
    Some questions answer themselves:
    So what is the problem with building specifically against an oil farm????

oil farm????
  • Erotes
    Erotes
    ✭✭✭
    I really find the damage shield uselss. It only lasts 6 seconds and provides protection against only one hit. It also costs a ton of magic which could have been used to heal two times over the damage blocked. Aside from leveling the skill, which I already have, is there any other way to improve it?

I'm glad to hear other ppl are having better luck. Maybe I'll give it another try...
    Edited by Erotes on April 22, 2014 6:55AM
  • Ralathar44
    Ralathar44
    ✭✭✭
    Erotes wrote: »
    I really find the damage shield uselss. It only lasts 6 seconds and provides protection against only one hit. It also costs a ton of magic which could have been used to heal two times over the damage blocked. Aside from leveling the skill, which I already have, is there any other way to improve it?

I'm glad to hear other ppl are having better luck. Maybe I'll give it another try...

The critical thing to know about the damage shield is that it scales up to 300% depending on how low the health the person it gets casted on is. So in those clutch situations when you really need it that shield will block quite alot of damage. Basically at half hp and below that damage shield really shines.

Furthermore the morph can enhance it quite a bit by either making a shield on yourself as well or healing them for any shield value remaining. Which means if your ally does something smart like avoiding damage when at low health it instead heals them for a large amount.

A combination of regeneration, blessing of protection, and steadfast ward combined with a high magicka/magicka regen build can pull alot of dungeons on it's own. I commonly had 2 pets out during these dungeons (-20% magicka) and was praised on my healing prowess lol.

Keep in mind I'm focused on sustainability with that build. Regeneration is hands down the most efficient healing you have, blessing of protection provides decent burst healing and reduces damage being taken and steadfast protection serves the purpose of that **** just went wrong OMG save him :D.

I fell out of favor with the healing AOE. While you can make it remarkably efficient it tends to miss some of it's healing ticks making it feel very unreliable for me. Wheras if I time/aim it right combat prayer will hit everyone I want, heal instantly, AND mitigate incoming damage somewhat.

I also prefer rapid regeneration to mutagen. I find that most cases where mutagen would be handy I can react quickly enough to save somebodies bacon. If not it's almost always a matter of our team seriously misplaying and normally not a situation mutagen would have saved anyways. The faster healing also tends to prevent alot of those situations from happening in the first place.

Of course, mutagen would be the better pick in general for the burst nature of PVP.
    Edited by Ralathar44 on April 22, 2014 9:02AM
    Some questions answer themselves:
    So what is the problem with building specifically against an oil farm????

oil farm????
  • Criselli
    Criselli
    Aerlim wrote: »

We need this in the game now! I'm thinking the weapon should look similar to a carrot on a stick, but with a walnut.

In regards to the OP, pretty much all of the resto skills are worth it, but it's situational. You should have plenty of skill points left over to max it out.

-Criselli
    I have honestly thought about our dilemna. I have a solution that works out well for one of the both of us. - GlaDOS.
    Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 66.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 20.00%