The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any changes to Perfected versus non-Perfected VMA Weapons

Talyndor
Talyndor
✭✭✭
Consensus for a while was that perfected VMA weapons were not worth grinding for b/c the buff did not carry over when you swapped to front bar.
I have done some searching and I cannot find if that has been changed or not.
Is the carry-over issue still around, making non-Perfected weapons just as good?
Thanks!
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That was really only the issue with the destruction staff since you're already going to be at pen cap without that pen from the staff. The bow would be slightly better than the non-perfected version since you will get more crits on your back bar. The 2h is a front bar weapon (or at least on most builds that use it) so it doesn't apply.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    Well...I do have the Perfected bow (several actually), as well as a couple of Perfected Inferno Staffs.
    I wanted a perfected lightning staff, but....
    The Perfected Lightning Staff has been incredibly elusive, and I do have the non-perfected one. I was just wondering if I should continue the grind for the perfected lightning staff or leave well enough alone.
    Thank you!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm with @Danksta. Unless you are going to use that VMA destro staff in PVP, the penetration is not a great bonus for PVE group content. In fact, once I got the perfected bows I needed, I stopped running VMA and instead ran normal for staves I needed on 2 other characters.

Although, these new sets that keep coming out all seem to be focused on upping penetration. It feels like ZOS is positioning us for a massive change in penetration in PVE. So maybe the grind will be worth it in the future. But that's just me speculating.