Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Antiquities question

Melky
Melky
✭✭
Hi guys. Id like to ask if there would be any reason to do following.
I havent played for over a year. want to come back and play with antiquities and some housing. And I would love to create a new character to play with. the problem is and always has been with previous DLCs that in the end I always played my main who has all the tradeskills achievements unlocks etc etc. because of how tradeskils are tied to each other it was always just much better to have everything on one character. Are antiqiuties the same? for example are there lots of items or recipes gained that are locked on the char so that I cant use them on other chars? example: my main has all tradeskills maxed and I like to craft furniture to my house. if I create a character that will be doing antiquities and she wont be able to give some recipes or items that my main would craft furniture from them? sry If im incoherent, hope youll understand what I mean and give me an advice if it would be practical to make new char to do all the antiquities or if its just much more reasonable to use my main for it. thanks a lot :)
  • Morwaenna
    Morwaenna
    ✭✭✭
    Antiquity leads are account wide but I believe the finished/excavated items are character bound I think?
  • Melky
    Melky
    ✭✭
    So its back to my old main again :/ thanks
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, @Morwaenna, antiquity furnishings are only account bound ... except for the Ancestral motifs which are not bound and can be traded or sold.

The OP can totally roll a new character for antiquities.

By the way, my antiquities main is different than my crafting main.

Good news!

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 11, 2020 2:45PM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two things to keep in mind, Antiquity leads will be all over the map so its nice to know the wayshrines.
    Uses up 20 some skillpoints.

You get an passive who make treasure chests much more visible, this is very nice in dungeons so doing it on an alt who does plenty of dungeons is smart. its an pain to level the second character as the purple zone chests is one time only.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.