The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hilarious fail (?) in new Crown Crate masks

bluebird
bluebird
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi all, I noticed something very strange while previewing the new Sovngarde Crown Crate items:
All the new Masks seemed to have a DOUBLE CHIN for female humanoid characters. :lol:

doublechins.png

I'm not sure if they look like that with the actual items too, or if this is just a Preview glitch (I was only previewing since I luckily didn't buy any of them yet). If they do look like that on the actual items too, is that double chin an intended design choice? Just like the baldness of the earlier hats were?

The masks are very sharply structured on all races, but on females the 'chin' is actually a double layered three-pointed protrusion (in sideways view you can see the chin having a zig-zag shape and has a sharp chin under the upper chin too), rather than just one longish sharp chin. As a result, in looks ridiculously derpy from the front... reminds me of a certain special someone from a popular cartoon, lol. :wink:
15581708.jpg
On a side note, the masks look fabulous on Khajiit and Argonians, the added dimension and sharp structures create a really interesting pattern and design on their faces. It's mostly okay for male characters too, the chin on those gets away with being dramatically sharp rather than comically absurd.

Anyway, let me know your experiences and opinions about the masks! Did you get any of them from the Crates? Do they look derpy to you? Are you happy with their design? Etc! Also, could a ZOS employee possibly look into whether this is their intended design, or if the model is accidentally distorted on females? @ZOS_SarahHecker thanks!
Edited by bluebird on September 24, 2020 11:00PM
  • Shadowspawn42
    Shadowspawn42
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that too! I didn’t get it, just previewed it thankfully. I thought maybe it was just my character because she had a slightly wider face, but apparently not.
  • Shadowspawn42
    Shadowspawn42
    ✭✭✭
    Lesson learned, I guess. Always preview before you buy, kids!

I was prepared to completely love the Bloody Passions one, but I guess not?
    Edited by Shadowspawn42 on September 25, 2020 6:39PM
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Btw, I asked my BF to preview masks on his Bosmer (smol!) and, unlike my Dunmer she doesn't get double chin. Bosmer OP!
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Btw, I asked my BF to preview masks on his Bosmer (smol!) and, unlike my Dunmer she doesn't get double chin. Bosmer OP!
    That's very interesting! I also checked now, and my female Bosmer was also fine :open_mouth:
    So apparently the double chin bug affects: Breton, Imperial, Nord, and Dunmer females.
    I didn't notice it on: Bosmer, Altmer, Redguard females.

But the double chin bug is really noticable, this should definitely be fixed!
    Here's a larger uploaded image (you can click it to open a larger size to see the shapes more clearly).
    So please can we have the devs look into it? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker thank you!
    mask.png
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hope they do fix this because when I preview it, noticed it did not look good at all which is why I did not get it. If fixed I would get it for sure.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reports, everyone! We are looking into this.
    Staff Post
  • Mr_DragonSoull
    Mr_DragonSoull
    Soul Shriven

My altmer does not get the double chin. I can post a photo when I get home.
    "I'm a medic not a miracle worker!" -Anyone that has played a healer_______________________________________Yes, I am the one that stole your sweet roll. Just thought you would like to know_______________________________________Former Knight Commander of Exiled Shenanigans Master Vampire-Cured
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any news on this? Bug is still there (previewing on female Imperial)
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on October 11, 2020 12:00PM
    PC/EU DC
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems (from what I've seen) that the females of the "man" races have this bug, while the females of the "mer" races don't. These masks look fine on my Altmer and Bosmer, but not on my Breton or Nord.